Sonic

C&C 4 Unit Profile - GDI Refractor

A new Command & Conquer 4 unit profile has been posted on the Official C&C Site. Today we take a look at one of GDI's newest weapons for the battlefield, the GDI Refractor. As always this profile features a short in game video, concept art and extra information. Here is a sample....

normal_concept55.jpg

The Refractor’s iconic reflective shield is a marvel of engineering. It is constructed with several layers of material, each serving a different defensive application. The outermost layer is a crystal-lattice sustained by an electromagnetic field. Solid weapons may pass through the crystal layer, which is then immediately reconstructed by the energy field, as though a pebble had just passed through water. This allows the reflective portion of the shield to remain effective even after repeated projectile impacts. Next is a honey-comb alloy heavy armor built to resist kinetic force and heat-based weaponry. Most conventional weapons simply bounce off this ultra-hard layer of armor. The final layer in the shield plate is an 18-inch thick metal composite which absorbs any remaining incoming fire. This layer is extremely heavy, so the Refractor is built upon a Mammoth chassis to support the weight.

Click here for the full GDI Refractor profile.

Armament: Heavy Ion Beam

Strange... it looks like a spectrum beam to me...

I think this was, and still is, my fav new unit in the game.

I quite like this unit. :)

Strange... it looks like a spectrum beam to me...

Nit picking FTW? :P

Nit picking FTW? :P

Indeed. I am not about to lower my standards to their level. Ion Cannons are not new to the Tiberium universe, and they don't look like that, stick with the ion canon (hee hee, little pun there).

So how can you actually attack this unit? And the AI is stupid if (as) it tries to attack this unit :P

Edited by Jarzka

umm..going off topic. so that Nod new Avatar? even they change the PVC tubes/crayon launcher tubes...it still fugly.

So how can you actually attack this unit? And the AI is stupid if (as) it tries to attack this unit :P

Probably small units, infantry and light vehicles.

Guest Stevie_K

It's animations are very high quality, looks amazing. Can't wait to test it out.

umm..going off topic. so that Nod new Avatar? even they change the PVC tubes/crayon launcher tubes...it still fugly.

Read the forum rules. I suggest you start a thread if you want to discuss it.

It's animations are very high quality, looks amazing. Can't wait to test it out.

Read the forum rules. I suggest you start a thread if you want to discuss it.

i'm sorry...the avatar just happen to be there.

so, i'll wait till avatar profile coming out.

Attack it from behind/the sides is my guess