Sonic

Command & Conquer: The Motion Comic Teaser Trailer

Remember that sneak peek we posted just before the end of last year about something new for Command & Conquer in 2010 that has never been done before? Well here it is. This is the teaser trailer for Command & Conquer: The Motion Comic.

Episode 1 of Command & Conquer: The Motion Comic is coming soon. An extended look at this teaser trailer will be featured in the next episode of BattleCast Primetime this weekend.

Definitely the worst trailer I've ever seen.

Not saying the idea is bad, but this trailer was really meh.

BAH! comic > motion comic. But still... I'll wait for the first one before passing judgement.

You guys do know what a teaser is right? Just a little bit to show what it looks like and that's all.

I got a real Borderlands vibe from it, the art style, the music.... but that's probably because I'm addicted to Borderlands ;)

You guys do know what a teaser is right?

There's still good trailers and bad trailers though, and I have to agree with [NE]Fobby[GEN], this wasn't a good trailer.

lol, that was rather short. It's a motion comic eh? Rather short on information at the moment so I can't really say anything about it. :P

I understand that Teasers aren't supposed to give much away, but we basically just had a guy in his car and half a sentence.

In a tiberium infected area with your window open...

Drop your sense of reality! :P

I see no open windows... :huh:

The teaser worked! You guys are talking about it :P

I got a real Borderlands vibe from it, the art style, the music.... but that's probably because I'm addicted to Borderlands ;)

Nah me too ;)

He should have been saying, "Why are you watching this?"

Cause that teaser, was truly awful. Hopefully it isn't representative of the actual product.

Nice, they've got David Hayter doing some voiceover work!

I can just imagine when this character dies. Snake? Snake? SNAAAAAAAKKKE! :P

Edited by Saracen

I can imagine editing this teaser and putting some other name except Command & Conquer afterwards, it would have made just as much sense.

What am I doing here?

Diablo: The Motion Comic

What am I doing here?

Fallout: The Motion Comic

What am I doing here?

Final Fantasy: The Motion Comic

You get my point. :D

They have cars and tiberium crystals in Sanctuary now? Tyrael did say destroying the Worldstone could change the world, but this was unexpected...

Definitely the worst trailer I've ever seen.

Not saying the idea is bad, but this trailer was really meh.

QFT. The voice character sounds like Nick "Havoc" Parker from C&C Renegade.

Other than a BCPT episode, now we have a C&C comic episode? :mellow: Meh. Turning C&C into a cartoon comic will ruin the franchise itself and its meaning. But RA3 ruins that first before C&C4 does.

Edited by purplescrin

I'm really worried as to where this series is going. I miss the C&C3 days, where the biggest problems were merely balance issues and story plot holes. Now we have to worry about C&C4, which plays and looks nothing like a Command & Conquer game, and lacks the strategy involved in resource gathering, base building, powerplants, mass attacks with multiple types of forces, and is overall just way too linear and dull. The game is in no way an improvement over C&C3 - not even graphically.

And then it doesn't get much better - the EALA team is being replaced, so I wouldn't be surprised if support for C&C4 is just dropped with the new team. Many much needed patches won't be made for the people that actually do like the game, and instead we have to deal with a new team that probably knows nothing about the series. Hell, they've already talked about broadening the series and eliminating C&C's RTS formula.

Frankly I don't think a novel or comic is a bad idea. They can be an excellent way of expanding the C&C universe. What worries me is the direction the C&C universe is heading, both in story and gameplay now, and how more media can simply mean more ways they can ruin this for us.

Again, I'm not opposed to change and expansion, but I am opposed to the new direction.

Edited by [NE]Fobby[GEN]

As Kara "Starbuck" Thrace once said in Battlestar Galactica=

What the Frak is that?

Seriously, if they made like a serie of C&C with the style of 3D animation (Like in Starship troopers, or THe Clone wars) i would have loved it and accepted it glady

This just looks like a simple comic

If its free, no worries

If its not

I'm really worried as to where this series is going. I miss the C&C3 days, where the biggest problems were merely balance issues and story plot holes. Now we have to worry about C&C4, which plays and looks nothing like a Command & Conquer game, and lacks the strategy involved in resource gathering, base building, powerplants, mass attacks with multiple types of forces, and is overall just way too linear and dull. The game is in no way an improvement over C&C3 - not even graphically.

And then it doesn't get much better - the EALA team is being replaced, so I wouldn't be surprised if support for C&C4 is just dropped with the new team. Many much needed patches won't be made for the people that actually do like the game, and instead we have to deal with a new team that probably knows nothing about the series. Hell, they've already talked about broadening the series and eliminating C&C's RTS formula.

Frankly I don't think a novel or comic is a bad idea. They can be an excellent way of expanding the C&C universe. What worries me is the direction the C&C universe is heading, both in story and gameplay now, and how more media can simply mean more ways they can ruin this for us.

Again, I'm not opposed to change and expansion, but I am opposed to the new direction.

everything what he said :thumbsup:

I said this on our official forums, it bears repeating here with some additional context....

I would like to say something a bit off the cuff here, a little from the personal side, because as a human and not a talking robot, I have that right to =) Yea, I am the middle-man Community Manager, but I have to have a spine as well, hehe.

Our development team is helping on the consultation and fiction of the motion comic ONLY, but the art and motion graphics are being done in conjunction with Ape Entertainment and our lead video editor. The dev team is working around the clock on finishing the game right now. So for starters, anyone who thinks this is is money/time being taken away from the actual game, is absolutely wrong. Wherein we are not that nieve to try and do something that would take away from the actual game, it baffles me that people can still laud accusations such as this.

Lets talk about the motion comic itself?

We wanted to provide a glimpse at the artwork style, so before you pass judgment on an incredibly short teaser, lets step back for a moment and realize this is a teaser trailer. Like many other movies and games that tease with a glimpse, this nothing different. Fully realize its not pleasing to many of you who want the full thing, I myself get irked at teasers, but I also realize it is pleasing and salivating to many others. We will be discussing the motion comic more in depth on BattleCast Primetime this Friday.

Also, the guys window is not open =) Rain is hitting it. I think you're allowed to be driving by tiberium with your window closed. He isn't driving in the tiberium, lol.

Finally, in regards to CNC4 support, I will not detail specific promises or commitments, but I can tell you there are plans in place despite rumors regarding the future of our C&C team. Our head of RTS, JVC has been working closely with me and a group of devs on this plan. The game will not come out with no support. We will absolutely do our best with the cards we are dealt. I've personally been in meetings in the last week regarding this.

Thanks,

APOC

We wanted to provide a glimpse at the artwork style, so before you pass judgment on an incredibly short teaser, lets step back for a moment and realize this is a teaser trailer. Like many other movies and games that tease with a glimpse, this nothing different. Fully realize its not pleasing to many of you who want the full thing, I myself get irked at teasers, but I also realize it is pleasing and salivating to many others.

The problem isn't the fact that it's a teaser, I think most of us understand that a teaser is put out to get people excited. All I'm saying is, it's near impossible to come to a substantive opinion concerning the art style of this series. Teasers should get people to say "Wow!", but this one just didn't do it for me. It's basically one image with not much in it. Anyway, good luck with the series, I do intend on watching it once it's up.

Edited by [NE]Fobby[GEN]

Hmmm. Ape Entertainment.... now that's a comic studio we haven't heard of. I wonder how many episodes will the C&C comic series bring.

Possibly the best C&C spinoff comic right now (and the only one) is still Zee Hynoptist's Tiberium Legos. ^_^

Edited by purplescrin