Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

C&C 4 - The Ascension Cinematic Trailer

Here it is, the long awaited cinematic trailer for Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight. This is called The Ascension Trailer, Kane's legacy becomes Earth's last hope in the final chapter of the Tiberium series.

Click here to watch the same trailer at GameTrailers.com.

Very cool, the FMV sequences look far superior to C&C3. ^_^

It was a pretty cool trailer but I think they have made Kane far to human. From being an icecold calculating maniac to now be some sort of desperate fugitive. It was the same in Kane's Wrath, Kane seemed far to desperate in his personal memos and things didn't seem to go as he planed. I want the evil Kane from TD & TS back, a Kane that can kill his followers anytime and laugh about it (Seth, Vega etc).

The trailer, surprisingly, does not disappoint. I hope that these aren't the only interesting parts of the entire C&C4 FMVs. I hope to see more in the full product.

ascension?

What is this?stargate atlantis? ^_^

You have been paying attention yes? Kane has been talking about Ascension since back in Tiberian Sun I believe. :P

It better not be like Stagate Atlantis... Ugh.... :thumbsdown:

Guest Stevie_K

I knew he was an alien!!

Finally a trailer that got me in the "I can't wait to get the full story" mood :thumbsup:

Is it just me or the Threshold 19's scene reminds me of Half Life 2 Episode One scene of that Citadel.

ascension?

What is this?stargate atlantis? ^_^

Yay its time for Kane to ascend into an Ancient!

Very cool trailer. So many questions to be answered. Especially the part when Kane says he has been waiting for thousands of years.... what could he mean? Basically I'm really keen to know what Kane is, where is he from, what makes him so special?

And this whole ascension theme. Don't the Stargate version of ascension cloud your mind. It could mean anything.

You have been paying attention yes? Kane has been talking about Ascension since back in Tiberian Sun I believe. :P

It better not be like Stagate Atlantis... Ugh.... :thumbsdown:

Well, he used to call it Divination, not Ascension. (Unless Divination was something different from Ascension, in which case he's only been talking about it since C&C3.)

Well, he used to call it Divination, not Ascension.

Yes, and I believe Westwood had something other in mind than what EA is doing.

I wonder if KW will have any involvement in C&C4 what so ever... IMHO KW was pretty bad story-wise.

If EA is really going for the "Kane lured the Scrin to Earth to escape our world"-angle, then they're actually pretty close to what WW planned, if Isgreen's word are anything to come by. He mentioned something about Kane wanting to leave his earthly prison on the Petro forums.

Cool trailer, by the way.

I wish they would have licensed the MassiveTech Engine though, now we'd have visuals matching the epicness...

I can't stand the gameplay but that trailer actually looks good.

I'm with ya on this one.

Anyway, cool trailer! It's as good as the C&C3 ones, the clothing are still good (I don't know if hardcore TS fans will accept that type & its uniform color) and I didn't encounter a single celebrity (I think), so that's more what I'm talking about since last year! Booyeah! :thumbsup:

I hope the storyline will go well later on and hopefully don't leave anymore cliffhangers.

It was a pretty cool trailer but I think they have made Kane far to human. From being an icecold calculating maniac to now be some sort of desperate fugitive. It was the same in Kane's Wrath, Kane seemed far to desperate in his personal memos and things didn't seem to go as he planed. I want the evil Kane from TD & TS back, a Kane that can kill his followers anytime and laugh about it (Seth, Vega etc).

totaly agree!

"from God to Kane to Seth" -----Baaam "from God To Kane .Period" :cc3:

Edited by Johnnyxp64

:thumbsup:

I can't stand the gameplay but that trailer actually looks good.

I agree.

Yay its time for Kane to ascend into an Ancient!

Kane would not become an Ancient, he would be an Ori.

Let's not think too much and too far on Kane's cryptic speech on his thousand year (mis-)adventure on Earth. Is he an alien? Is he an immortal? Is he God? Fear not, let's bring back one unexpected probable explanation to this fierce discussion once again!

CCTwilight.png

Period!

*P.S. Can't help it but I thought this is the most appropriate period to bring back this LOL stuff back to this serious madness.*

Edited by Malevolence

Nice trailer, does seem like an epic ending...hopefully EA doesn't disappoint.

oh come on i think its obvious what THE TRUE story is:

that Kane was actually able to move around in time - demensions - space because he was in the Scrin Tower all those years!

at first he thought that he could do so much with the alien knowledge but then he rilized that there was nothing to rule if the earth was destroyed and after all Kane was a figure that tried to protect the planet by using force cause humanity doesnt learn with WORDS!

so he travels through time from within the tower and tried lots of time to prepair earth for the Alien invation, and how to take advantage of the tiberium and turn it from mortal to usefull for humanity and save earth from the energy crisi and the repeted wars!

but playing with timeline isnt safe and now we are about to learn why! 16March.

although i have to admit i am not fun of the gameplay cnc4 has right know i will have to play the campaign and skirmish to get the full picture.

Edited by Johnnyxp64

Very cool trailer. So many questions to be answered. Especially the part when Kane says he has been waiting for thousands of years.... what could he mean? Basically I'm really keen to know what Kane is, where is he from, what makes him so special?

That could mean he's really old. I think the whole "we need to wrap up the Kane story before Joe Kucan starts to look older" is an important detail. Kane doesn't age, or at least very slowly.