Sign in to follow this  

Don't care. These are low quality cameos I toss out in minutes. When I am making my own cameos, I actually take the time to do them right.

It's not laziness, it's efficiency. I can mass produce all the cameos these guys ask for and still have time to work on my own projects. I don't know them, or their mods, they have not yet earned the respect factor with me that would cause me to suspend my own time to work for them.

You, on the other hand, have helped me, I've seen your mods, and I know you. If I was making something for you, I would take the time to get it right and take pride in my work. It would mean I would have to sacrifice more of my own time to do so, but you have earned the respect factor.

I told them I didn't want credit for the low quality work. Those works do not represent my skill and I want no connection with them.

If I were to make everything they asked for high quality, it would require too much time and I would refuse, meaning they would get nothing.

Reflection:

...ok, never mind. You've ruined it. Now I can't allow my low quality work to exist anymore because it bothers me now that you pointed it out. I've removed all low quality attachments and will not be making anymore. It is... beneath me.

I will still make a high quality Einstein's Lab cameo to replace the hunk-of-junk I posted though.

Im still unable to see my Reservoir Generator Cameo in-game.

Something must still be wrong but i can't seem to figure out whats wrong.

Any help?

Post your art code.

Problem solved, the problem was that i made a silly typo.

If you dont mind i have another request.

I need a Grizzly Tank Cameo but the name on it "Serenity Tank".

Thanks again for the Cameo.

Sorry to bother you but will it be okay if i request cameos from you in the future when i need some?

Edit: Uh.. something went wrong.

Now that i added the my Serenity Tank to the ArtMD.ini the tank wont appear in game, cameo appears though but not the tank itself. Its invisible. Whats causing this?

Edited by Yandols

You can request cameos, but whether I will make them or not will be dependant on what is involved since I won't be doing any more low quality projects.

Post your code.

My Serenity Tank Code (RulesMD.ini)

[sRAINTNK]
UIName=Name:SRAINTNK
Name=Serenity Tank
Prerequisite=FACTORY,GAOILDT
Primary=Srain
Strength=1000
Category=AFV
Armor=heavy
Turret=yes
IsTilter=yes
Crusher=yes
TooBigToFitUnderBridge=true
TechLevel=6
Sight=6
Speed=10
CrateGoodie=no
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,Russians,Confederation,Africans,
Arabs
Cost=3000
Soylent=700
Points=25
ROT=5
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
VoiceSelect=GenAllVehicleSelect
VoiceMove=GenAllVehicleMove
VoiceAttack=GenAllVehicleAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=
DieSound=GenVehicleDie
MoveSound=GrizzlyTankMoveStart
CrushSound=TankCrush
Maxdebris=2
; origional - Locomotor={55D141B8-DB94-11d1-AC98-006008055BB5}
Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
;MovementZone=Destroyer ;gs FLAW needs to be changed to this when The Flaw is fixed
MovementZone=Normal
ThreatPosed=15 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
Accelerates=false
ImmuneToVeins=yes
Size=3
OpportunityFire=yes
BuildTimeMultiplier=1.5;Individual control of build time
ForbiddenHouses=YuriCountry
BuildLimit=1
SelfHealing=yes
Trainable=no
GuardRange=5
Sensors=yes
SensorsSight=10
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
ImmuneToPsionics=yes
ImmuneToRadiation=yes

My Serenity Tank Code (ArtMD.ini):

; Serenity Tank
[sRAINTNK]
Voxel=yes
Remapable=yes
Image=GTNK
Cameo=SRTNKICON
AltCameo=SRTNKUICO
PrimaryFireFLH=150,0,100

Image=GTNK won't do anything. Image= in Art does not work with InfantryTypes, VehicleTypes, or AircraftTypes. Make duplicates of GTNK.vxl and .hva and call them SRAINTNK.

So if I get this right, you don't want to make any low quality products but if someone askes for a HQ cameo you do make one? Well, then I'll not give you credit, as you wished for.

Image=GTNK won't do anything. Image= in Art does not work with InfantryTypes, VehicleTypes, or AircraftTypes. Make duplicates of GTNK.vxl and .hva and call them SRAINTNK.

In which mix file is are these files found? I can't seem find them.

Edit, nevermind, i replaced it with custom voxels i got from YR Argentina.

Edited by Yandols

So if I get this right, you don't want to make any low quality products but if someone askes for a HQ cameo you do make one? Well, then I'll not give you credit, as you wished for.

If the project isn't too big, yes, I'll make a high quality cameo for you. And I don't want credit for and low quality work I did.

ho hum. Probably five minutes in PSP7.

Comes with a version sans text so you can change it if need be. They're in PCX so you have to convert them to SHPs on your own.

elabicon.rar

post-422-1267298312.png

I like mine better. I removed the tree, sun flare, and adjusted the contrast.

Sure you could, but I did. ;)

I think it did...

Quick question, how can i convert files like PNG or PCX into SHP without using PSP7?

If you just paste it into a .mix file and then select 'Copy as SHP' it will be fine. See tutorial about Creating cameo using PNG, you can read it there. Or, go here: http://vk.cncguild.net/ at the left, at tools click at downloads and then the third form above. PNGtoSHP converter, it should work.

@Nmenth:

You can creat a HQ cameo of the Einstein Lab, the project is not big, it's just a minor modification unlocking things you normally cant. So the UFO unit of yuri now requires the Command Center (moonmission) and the prism technology Einsteins Lab.

@Doctor Destiny:

How do I get text with the cameo? I see yours hasn't. I now use SHP builder but I think PSP7 is easier, not?

Edited by Conscript

@Nmenth:

You can creat a HQ cameo of the Einstein Lab, the project is not big, it's just a minor modification unlocking things you normally cant. So the UFO unit of yuri now requires the Command Center (moonmission) and the prism technology Einsteins Lab.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say... You want me to make an Einsein Lab cameo? I already did...

@Doctor Destiny:

How do I get text with the cameo? I see yours hasn't. I now use SHP builder but I think PSP7 is easier, not?

I attached a rar that has the text on it already.