Sign in to follow this  
Conscript

EVA Warning

Is it possible to give the NAPSYA and/or NAPSYB an EVA warning?

Like: (I know it doesn't exist) Warning, Psychic Beacon detected!

Is that possible?

Is it also possible to send a notification on the left top like:

'WARNING! Psychic Beacon detected!'

Just like the weather storm approaching?

Then I wont need a trigger anymore ;)

I'm actually not sure how the superweapons work sound/text-wise, but you can make any building or unit have an announcement by setting CreateUnitSound in the rules.

No text warnings are available for anything but lightning storms. Unless you use the NPatch and use LS clones, no dice. Map triggers only.

But an EVA warnng is? I've already got the sounds. It would suck if i cant use them :(

Sure you could, find the voice file, convert it, shove it into the mix, code it in Sound, add it to CreateUnitSound. :P

Sure you could, find the voice file, convert it, shove it into the mix, code it in Sound, add it to CreateUnitSound. :P

That only works to a point. It's a dodgy, crappy work around that's incorrect. EVA announcements are meant to be specific to the faction you are using and this does not recreate that effect. As such, I do not recommend using it.

The method is also incorrect. Audio for the game (ie; not EVA announcements) are placed into the BAG file using the XCC Sound Editor. Loose WAV files used in sound(md).ini do not work in MIX files.

The NPatch allows announcements on superweapons anyway so this is inconsequential.

Also add

Type=global

Priority=critical

Global causes it to be heard by everyone, anywhere on map. Critical will allow it to override other noise going on.

Then yes, unless I'm forgetting something, that should work.

That only works to a point. It's a dodgy, crappy work around that's incorrect.

I didn't say it was perfect, I was merely pointing out that it was possible. :P

BAG file using the XCC Sound Editor.

That's what I meant when I said mix... used wrong word.

Can you give me a preview of how this is done? Can I also give the Yuri version to Yuri. The allied to the allied and sov to sov?

I've downloaded NPatch for YR 1.001 because it offers more than just the rulesmd.ini

I'm not good with programming and coding, so Doctor Destiny can you help me with this?

Edited by Conscript

Can you give me a preview of how this is done? Can I also give the Yuri version to Yuri. The allied to the allied and sov to sov?

As DD stated, that is the downside to this, it is not side specific. A better alternative might be a generic sound effect rather than voice, like CreateUnitSound=WarningAlarm, then find [WarningAlarm] in soundmd.ini and add Type=global and Priority=critical.

As was pointed out at PPM, CreateUnitSound does not exist. The correct tag is CreateSound and that does not work since it does not apply to [buildingTypes]. The best you can do now is use WorkingSound with no NotWorkingSound specified.

How do I make it possible in Npatch? I have downloaded it as I already said before. But now I need to make it possible as a warning. How do I do that? I'm learning the programming and coding so I can't do this by myself. It will be the text warning and EVA warning.

As was pointed out at PPM, CreateUnitSound does not exist. The correct tag is CreateSound and that does not work since it does not apply to [buildingTypes]. The best you can do now is use WorkingSound with no NotWorkingSound specified.

Oh really? This I did not know... I've never tried making a create sound for a building before except with map triggers. I saw them in mods, so I assumed the codes worked, but I guess they were just patched.