Sign in to follow this  
Nmenth

Nmenth's Cameo Pack!

Well, have you go, Nmenth's Cameo pack...

16 cameos available for download in one pack for a few of those infantry you always wanted to stick in a mod for no reason other than because they were there.

If you use these, be sure to credit Nmenth.

cameo_pack.jpg

Download:

:ra2:http://www.cncnz.com/downloads/track/file.php?id=384

There's a 99 percent chance similar ones have come out before, and in better quality... I'd need to find them though. I think Dee had the only good Hollywood heroes cameo images...

There's a 99 percent chance similar ones have come out before, and in better quality...

I do not doubt that, these are all infantry units that are quite interesting. It would be shocking if I was the first one to make them all cameos.

As for the quality, yeah, I know, I was disappointed how some of them came out and did a lot of retouching from the original images I used. The tiny 60 x 48 pixel image and poor palette selection make it difficult to work with. Nevertheless, I think these are a vast improvement over using the Tesla Trooper's cameo for them all.

I like Einstein, Vladimir, and Arnnie Frankenfurter's the best.

The fire background on Sammy Stallion went all screwy on the cameo palette, you can see the movie box art I used here.

I had a different image I was going to use for Flint Westwood that looked better, but again, the palette messed it up. So I went with this one.

It took forever to find a guy in the right position for the US Secret Service guy, so even though I think his face looks too fat, I used it anyway rather than keep on looking for a better picture.

You have to do a ton of hand editing on cameos that come out poorly with the palette applied. It sucks but the results are better. Most need recoloring on areas before palette application to sustain the right colors for the job.

Some cameos have been slightly adjusted to improve their appearance. If you've already downloaded the pack, just download it again and replace the duplicate files to update them.

Out of curiosity, why is it that only Einstein has a different image when promoted?

A couple of the others were going to, like Romanov, but it basically was that I couldn't get more than one good image to use.

It is especially difficult when ordinarily good images are corrupted with the cameo palette.

Einstein's two good images just happened to work out without any problem. Also, I made Einstein at a separate time from the rest.

general vladimir!