CommanderGerman

How can I play RA2 without the CD?

I dont think we encourage no cd cracks (because of the illegal things) ? I happen to have one, but as long I dont have permission to send it to you I wont. Just waiting for permission of the Admin.

Game has a defualt logic already to allow you to specify a location for the external/CDROM media.

-CDpath:to/c.d //Specifies the location of the CD-ROM data from which to run the game. Should contain the all the data from the CDs including the .dsk files.

If you put "-CD." then it will use the games folder.

Edited by CCHyper

13. Don't post or discuss anything related to copied/ripped/downloaded versions of any games (C&C or otherwise) or other software applications. Under no circumstances should you post questions or replies offering methods to circumvent copy protection schemes. This includes asking for or offering links to "NoCD" patches for any games (C&C or otherwise) or other software applications. The only exception to this rule is for the free versions of Command & Conquer and Red alert made available by Electronic Arts.

Technically it means he would need to have a CD with all of the necessary files. But you can play without a CD and still be legal.

As such, reopening the thread and unblocking Hyper's post.

Technically it means he would need to have a CD with all of the necessary files. But you can play without a CD and still be legal.

As such, reopening the thread and unblocking Hyper's post.

The reason I took action was the: "Under no circumstances should you post questions or replies offering methods to circumvent copy protection schemes."

But if you say it's ok, very well then.

It doesn't circumvent it. It just allows you to point to a new spot. I prefer mounting an ISO I made from the CDs.

I dont think we encourage no cd cracks (because of the illegal things) ? I happen to have one, but as long I dont have permission to send it to you I wont. Just waiting for permission of the Admin.

Admins don't have anything to do with PM's so as long as you discuss this over the PM system and not on the forums then it's ok.

Hooray no piracy!

But like, its a feature the game has, just like RA95 and C&C95, just for this purpose...

So Can I ask this? I have the cd in hand I purchased a 5 pack long time ago Tib sun, firestorm, renegade,ra2, yuri revenge. My concern is the cd seems to not be readable after the computer accesses infomation on the cd once. Like when I was having trouble installing it and trying various things without success to get it to work. After I would preform some operation like copy files from the cd to the desktop the cd would then be blank. I would have to open and close the cd drive before it could read the cd again. So i did a internet search for how to run ra2 without cd and found this thread. So since i have installed the game through the cds autorun also have multiple copies of the cd data in different folders on the C drive is there anyway to play without running the cd constantly im afraid it may stop during play or just quite working all together someday. Any help is appreciated. I was hoping it was something as simple as go to ra2.ini and changing locale from 0 to 1 but :(