Sign in to follow this  
Catman

using 3D to create buildings

I can make any building or infantry in 3d (restricted only be my imagination) and use it in red alert 1,2 tibsun anything. If u want i will send u a few pics but this is for real. No more editing those g-dd-m shp's to get a building that barely resembled what u want. I can pretty much do anything. Just give me an idea of what u want and ill get to work. No price or anyhting. Im just bored.

I need a small, Yuri structure. It should be like an Industrial Plant of sorts, kind of like a Machine Shop if you will. Should be small and diminuitive.

Similar in design to the Tech Machine Shop but smaller with more Yuri-ish features like color and archtectural design.

Make it and I'll set you up with a private beta of YR 1.002. :D

Guest prism7guy{1}

i may need some SHP's doing, for my mod in a while, what program do you use to make the SHP's? Ill let you know what i need in a few weeks.

cheers.

prism7guy

interesting. I will give you the raw pictures of the units straight off Maya u all are going to have to be the ones to make the pics compatible with RA2 though. Sorry bout the delay, i got that sasser worm and i kudnt get on the i-net. All fixd now tho.

Maya. Look under google type in maya and alias. Shud be 1st one.

Using Maya, can you export the files as .max files? That would be great if you could since I have 3ds Max 6 on my computer.

If you havent used maya before , i think it is alot easier to use than 3ds max. I can give it to you as .mb(maya Binary) but you will have to convert it. Can you give me more things to go by. Like what it is used for, any special things about it. Smoke on smokestax(exc...) Also size,(2x2,3x3) things like that.

is this a good start or not. By the way, do you have aim? or aol for that matter. Give me your email adress so i can give the pic to you.

Pentagon base

Central Smokestack

5 pipes leading out of base in to pentagon shaped main structure

Very small

Simple

some curved decoraton things, diminutive

This might not work----> [/img]

I have AIM but I prefer MSNM. My AIM is EmperorTessai.

Send me the pic via AIM or to this address --> fenring[at]cncguild[dot]net

Judging from the description, it sounds might fine. I might be able to convert Maya files in MAX6. I'll have to check. Can you sneak a build up in there?

i am having some problems with my email. I will try to fix them but for the time being, i will improve the existing structure.

Guest davylink

Hi Catman! I would like to learn how to do 3D structures for red alert. I know how to do the 3D models, but I don't know how to extract the files for use it in the game.

I'm making a mod and I'm planning to change all the structures, because I've changed all the vehicles and infantry models too. The only problem is to do realistic-look buildings.

If you want we can share our files. I would like to see your models.

Thank you! You can find me at:

[email protected]

This is my e-mail and my MSN Messenger.

Thank you again! :wink:

@davy:

It depends on what you're using to make 3d models. Ask around on sites like Sleipnir Stuff or the C&C Guild. There's people there that can give you an answer.

@Catman:

Take your time. I need a nice, Westwood style structure. Send it to me when you're ready. You can use my MSN email if you must.

ok that will all work. Im havin finals next week so im a little busy rite now but after that I have until august to do watever I want. Im looking foreward to workin wit ya (davy) so i guess ill gie ya my email

[email protected]

Im havin some problems with aol so it mite be a while b4 i can read and send emails but i no i will after next week.

Just hit me up on AIM sometime. We could transfer through that I believe. Pick up a copy of MSN Messenger; that would be even better.

I need a max/3ds file though.