Luk3us

Command & Conquer: The Motion Comic Debuts

The time has come! Command & Conquer: The Motion Comic is now available for your viewing pleasure.

EPISODE ONE - AN UNEXPECTED HERO. The year is 2068, and Tiberium has nearly destroyed our world. Christian Pierce, a young farmer and militiaman who is quickly losing his livelihood to the encroaching crystals, leaves his family and heads for the nearest GDI Blue Zone to find work. But what he finds there isn't just a job. It's destiny.

Click here to watch this episode on the CNCNZ.com YouTube Channel. And don't forget to check out the Command & Conquer Motion Comic section on the Official C&C Site.

Well that was... um... pretty lame...

I don't know why I expected anything different, but for some reason, I thought they could actually make this good... :no:

It wasn't all that bad. The music was pretty good, as was most of the artwork (that 'flying car' thing in the blue zone was ridiculous though. It looked like something you'd see in a 1950s magazine that was trying to predict what 2000 would look like). It could have used some more foley as an improvement.

My main gripe is that EA obviously still has no idea how to properly handle Zones. Civilians living in Red Zones? Remember Verdu's blog about Tiberium? 300MPH winds blowing lethal shards of Tiberium through catastrophic Ion Storms? Cut to the motion comic and we have civilians, farmers no less (as if crops could actually survive in a Red Zone), living right next to giant Tiberium crystals with no protective gear. Not even face masks. Cut to the main character driving in an old junker that must be well over 120 years old now through a giant field of Tiberium, again with no protection (I doubt that something that old was retrofitted with proper positive atmosphere seals and a filtration system). Cut to a Blue Zone with perfect periwinkle skies. Just how do they keep the air clean in an unsealed environment the size of a city? Cut again to the farmhouse which is now completely overgrown by Tiberium and the main character is sitting on top of his vehicle with exposed skin and no ventilator once again.

It's completely contradictory to TD and TS, but even worse, it contradicts their own fiction established since C&C3.

Still, my opinion of the comic is higher than my opinion of the game at this time, except perhaps for the FMVs, but it really all remains to be seen.

This motion comic: good for listening, bad for watching. The question remains as of now, will this be the remaining C&CTV show after a possible finale episode of BCPT (due to Raj Joshi's departure)?

Gee, I wish all of this story should be turned into a C&C type drama/action/adventure series on national TV rather than a motion comic. It doesn't fit for a movie but it does fit for a TV series.

Still....Zee Hynoptist's Tiberium Legos is better to watch.

Edited by purplescrin

Eh, that wasn't so bad. I'm kind of indifferent to the whole idea anyway, but it was mildly entertaining. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

It was alright. That's really all I can say. I'm not going to say it was horrible, but I was definitely looking at the time line at the bottom to see when the end was coming.

I suppose this is as close as I'm ever going to get to that Tiberian Sun anime I've been thinking about.

Edited by Luk3us
Don't want to get EA any more ideas...

Tiberian Sun anime

:o

Don't even say something so vulgar!

Watched it, it was OK I suppose. Could be better hopefully future episodes are better. :)

Oh and stop giving EA ideas dammit! :mad:

Eh, that wasn't so bad. I'm kind of indifferent to the whole idea anyway, but it was mildly entertaining. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

mighty_bob gives very valid critic though but I can't be bothered. EAs continued rapes on everything that is c&c doesn't effect me anymore, I'm indifferent to it all.

Oh well, I thought it was fantastic... I thought it was much better than I was expected.

(of course I wasn't expecting anything canonical or consistent or well really any criticism mentioned above.)

Perhaps, I'm just relieved the motion in the comic was really quite minimal.

Pfft, it would be awesome if done right.

:excl: Error, does not compute. :excl:

It was better that I expected, in fact I rather enjoyed it. Good voice acting and I really like the art style. Looking forward to the next episode.

My main gripe is that EA obviously still has no idea how to properly handle Zones. Civilians living in Red Zones? Remember Verdu's blog about Tiberium? 300MPH winds blowing lethal shards of Tiberium through catastrophic Ion Storms? Cut to the motion comic and we have civilians, farmers no less (as if crops could actually survive in a Red Zone), living right next to giant Tiberium crystals with no protective gear. Not even face masks. Cut to the main character driving in an old junker that must be well over 120 years old now through a giant field of Tiberium, again with no protection (I doubt that something that old was retrofitted with proper positive atmosphere seals and a filtration system). Cut to a Blue Zone with perfect periwinkle skies. Just how do they keep the air clean in an unsealed environment the size of a city? Cut again to the farmhouse which is now completely overgrown by Tiberium and the main character is sitting on top of his vehicle with exposed skin and no ventilator once again.

It's completely contradictory to TD and TS, but even worse, it contradicts their own fiction established since C&C3.

All of this.

I enjoyed the presentation very much. It's just these terrible contradictions that Mighty_BOB pointed out that really bother me.

Looking good, the storyline it gives me is creative, although not 100% to some others. But I got to agree with them a little bit, a family in a Red Zone? That's wrong, it has to be a Yellow Zone! And without real protection, aren't Tiberium gases are supposed to be toxic to breathe in even within at reasonable close distance?

Anyway, expecting the next episode. Artworks, the scripts & the voice acting are cool, hopefully there won't be any crappy or Red Alert looking units, particularly both of C&C4's Avatar & Scorpion tank, I can't imagine how they would to look like if they were in the motion comics.

Edited by Silverthorn

It wasn't too bad. As repeated many times in this thread, the only bad thing is that it broke about 10 already established canon facts each minute.

hopefully there won't be any crappy or Red Alert looking units, particularly both of C&C4's Avatar & Scorpion tank, I can't imagine how they would to look like if they were in the motion comics.

Well it takes place in the C&C4 time frame so I doubt there's any way to avoid that.

It was pretty good :)

I actually enjoyed that :D

The only cannonical problems I saw was the Tiberium stuff, but EA has broken those before so I'm not very effected by it anymore lol

But other then that it was definetly better then I originally expected, in fact it gives me a glimmer of hope that maybe C&C4 won't be ALL that bad, hell maybe the campaign will be awesome :D

Or maybe I'm being way to optimistic again... >.>

I guess I just don't like the style as my main gripe. I like this quote from Comics Worth Reading:

When you add camera tricks and a soundtrack to a comic, is it still a comic? Or just a poor excuse for a cartoon, done on the cheap?

Well of course that was my main gripe going into this, but like APOC promised I was pleasantly surprised.

Although I would still prefer a black & white static image comic...

The lack of animation was kind of jaring at first, but you get used to it.

Well it takes place in the C&C4 time frame so I doubt there's any way to avoid that.

True, when I doubt about this, the ratings for this whole project may look good. The total score according to the feedbacks in this thread is like a total of 3 STARS (It's my own guess), IF the wacky units do appear on the next episode, then the reputation becomes worse and who knows it'll end up 2 STARS or below or worse, NO STARS at all. I sure hope the comics team is not involved with the idiots who love putting Red Alert stuff into the Tiberium universe like the game was.