Sign in to follow this  
Nmenth

Visceroids

I have never modded Tiberian Sun and have only glanced at its inis and such a few times, so I am very unfamiliar with many of the old codes that may yet linger in YR.

I have attempted to figure out how the visceroids worked in that their constant shape shifting was unrelated to their directional movement.

I am currently considering the possibility of reintroducing the visceroid as a genetic mutation caused by Yuri's experimental weaponry. Yuri's 'visceroid' would generally act like the visceroid with a few exceptions. It would not spawn from tiberium (which is logical... there is no tiberium). It would not come in baby and adult form and could not fuse. It would not wonder aimlessly, or at least its wondering would be more like the infrequent wonderings of a civilian. It would not be neutral, but under control of its owner.

My intention is to have two levels of mutation, the lower (new Yuri weapons) creates 'visceroids' and the higher (Genetic Mutator) creates Brutes. They also would not be able to be purchased and stuffing them into the Grinder would be of little benefit.

I believe I can manage all of these requirements except how to get it to loop as an 'animation' rather than move like a unit.

I also do not know if another MakeInfantry is allowed as I have not tried it yet, this is somewhat more important, because if it is not possible, the project will be cancelled, whereas I can manage something else if a visceroid's animated behavior is not possible.

Visceroid.gifVisceroid.gifVisceroid.gif

Additional MakeInfantry is allowed, but with one glaring flaw - the first item in the array will be the only one that is tied back to the player. All subsequent additions are tagged to the Civilian side so you do not own them and cannot control them.

For Visceroid animations, simply make an infantry (obviously) and write a sequence for it.

Additional MakeInfantry is allowed, but with one glaring flaw - the first item in the array will be the only one that is tied back to the player. All subsequent additions are tagged to the Civilian side so you do not own them and cannot control them.

That is quite a glaring flaw... might cancel the idea based on that...

For Visceroid animations, simply make an infantry (obviously) and write a sequence for it.

Wouldn't the animation reset to the first frame every time you gave it an order?

I am not very experienced in writing new sequences, only did a couple.

There's a way around what? And how?

I'm not really sure what it is, but I've seen it working properly. You may want to check Tiberian Sun's coding.

Hey! Yust got an funny idea!

You can make an C&C: TW :cc3: Visceroid, use an Terror Drone and do the stuff needed!

You lost me...

You lost me...

I know but I needed to say that...

got an idea... who said you need to listen to it... :rolleyes:

I know but I needed to say that...

You knew you weren't making any sense?

who said you need to listen to it... :rolleyes:

You put it in my thread.

Grrr U NO FUN... I said that boecouse I thought it was a nice idea :(

I still don't get what your idea is...

I think his idea was to use the terror drone as a base for making your visceroid... although I don't see why.

If he couldn't make an visceroid like he wanted...

Ok, apparently you understood my intentions as well as I understood yours.

I wanted to make a visceroid that was constantly in motion, like this gif I made: Visceroid.gif

A Terror Drone is a SHP animation with a sequence, just like every infantry unit (even though it is a vehicle). As such, there is no benefit over a Terror Drone than any other infantry unit, since I would not be using a base, I would be creating a new unit from scratch.

The problem I was having is that a sequence lists specific frames to play in a specific order for every action the unit does. That gif is 30 frames long (the actual visceroid is 80), so say I tell it to play all 30 frames while standing still; it will cycle through them and then loop from 30 back to 1. I can tell it that if it moves, it will also play all 30 frames, but I cannot tell it to continue from the frame it was currently on while idle.

Therefore, it might get a skip in the animation from frame 19 to 1, looking like this: Visceroid2.gif

That is the problem I wished to fix and which the Terror Drone would have nothing to benefit toward.

Of course, since I cannot create house-owned visceroids from a weapon like I wanted anyway, this project has been abandoned.

Ah atleast you gave me an nice stylish visceroid picture for MSN :)