Sign in to follow this  
ghost_zero

Skirmish Multiplayer - Different Gameplay Modes?

Hi,

after finishing the campaign I wanted to try out the Skirmish game and when I entered it, I saw an information that the Mode is Dominance (or something like this) but I can't change this and even with other maps it is always the same, so I wondered are there actually more than one gameplay mode? If so, why can't I select them?

If not, why is the mode even specified as it is always the same?

Btw. I hate the default mode with capturing TCN nodes. I would have preferred a mode like kill the enemy crawler X times or something like this. This mode seems to be more like a FPS capture the flag mode than a RTS game.

No. There is only one game mode. EA couldn't be arsed with the effort of making the game more varied.

You are correct there is only one skirmish mode, domination, and it is always Nod vs GDI.

Yes it is a bit limited hte last time they had different skirmish modes was good old RA2. :(

That is the next part, actually, only GDI vs. Nod - well that explains why TCN Nodes in the campaign go to red for Nod and blue for GDI; interesting if enemy and allied were both e.g. GDI; and not e.g. always blue for when it is captured by allies and red by enemies - but why do they then display "Mode: Domination", if it is the only one (pretty useless somehow)?

Do they intend to bring more in the future or for mods or..?

I guess there is no possibility to change the timeout either?

Edited by ghost_zero

Nope no customisation no nothing. They "could" release some new game modes as DLC, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

And yeah kidna shows how much effort EA put into the game when they can't even be bothered to polish the game up with a simple little graphical change during the campaign. Meh.

May I know how to play as Nod for Skirmish? I have been leveling up as GDI for a while now, so I wanted to try Nod.

The "Join Team 1 or 2" buttons are faded out for me.

I haven't start the campaign besides the first 3 tutorial missions, as I wanted to wait for my friend to play co-op (which isn't anytime soon).

Must I complete the Nod Campaign to "unlock" the function?

You have to have an open player slot on the Nod side. So just click the arrow beside the AI player and pick Open I think.

Then just select the Join Team 2 option.

Yeah, it's a pretty crappy system if you ask me. Also, all cpu's are automatically on the same level (e.g. you can't select a medium and an easy to go against :()

You have to have an open player slot on the Nod side. So just click the arrow beside the AI player and pick Open I think.

Then just select the Join Team 2 option.

Thanks.

The settings and controls feel very rigid, not very natural.