Sonic

Command & Conquer 4 in the #1 Spot Again

Nice way to completely miss the joke bud.

Seeing as how the idea of it being a joke has already been brought up, how is it at all funny to say it again with oversized font and bold?

C&C survived Sole Survivor, it'll survive this.

I'll be honest though. I bought the game, but only for the Single player. Boy was I disappointed in it :(

Maybe, maybe not. I think after 15 years of me being in the C&C fan, and about 8 years of being a community member (mods, clans, tournaments, etc.) I'll be done with C&C after Renegade X is fully done. After the liquidation of Westwood, the 5 year gap where the community was ignored, a few mediocre games, and now this shot in the foot of a game, I've lose faith in EA's ability to make a good game without overloading it with plot holes and gameplay problems.

Edited by [NE]Fobby[GEN]

Modding is gaming necromancy. It can keep a series alive long after its death.

And Silverthorn, you should really think before you post. Because you make up some of the dumbest **** I've ever seen on any forum in this community. In your twisted little world do you honestly believe that EALA are sitting back and planning ways to screw over the C&C fans. Well here's the cold hard truth, game development is a business and the idea is to make make money.

You sir, are my hero. :D

Fobby you better not get any crazy ideas now. Many people would be very sad (myself included) if your opinions of EA affected Renegade X. I hope you really will keep working on it. :)

Man, all this discussion over a silly sales chart that in the grand scheme of things means absolutely nothing.

Lets hope it will survive this, for the older fans at least...

Why? They story arc is done. They don't have anything left to keep us around with. There are no more unanswered secrets that they want to answer. For the love of god just bury it already.

the new breed theyve dragged in might be proud of this abomination but many old timers arnt.

Which is why it should just be put in its grave.

You sir, are my hero. :D

Fobby you better not get any crazy ideas now. Many people would be very sad (myself included) if your opinions of EA affected Renegade X. I hope you really will keep working on it. :)

Well I did mention that we were going to finish it completely. :thumbsup:

I was purely disappointed, yet really not surprised.

When it comes to RTS games, EA FAILS, quite literally.

And HEY! Whats a great way to finish off a series? Giving what fans want? Nah. Staying true to the series? Nah

What should we do! OH! We should basically take entire concepts from other games, scratch the ones that C&C has used for many years, and on the final game use mimics of another game, and even fail at doing that.

Bad, just bad. Whos the idiot that thought of on the FINAL C&C game (as they stated). They should destroy what made C&C great and literally mimic another game...

Very large, intense battles?: Nope

the original base building concept?: Nope

the original harvesting concept?: None

That alone kills a C&C game...

Thats my thought on the subject.

And anything with a C&C title, many will buy. Just like if something on ebay was called a ps4, people would pay HUGE bucks to get it, merely because of the name. Its quite interesting.

Also

Hai thar, I just woke up from my slumber!

I was purely disappointed, yet really not surprised.

We know.

Also

Hai thar, I just woke up from my slumber!

If that's what you want to call it.

They should destroy what made C&C great and literally mimic another game...

Pay attention kids, this is how not to correctly use the word 'literally'.

You may want to note that this topic is, in fact, pointing out that C&C4 is not failing in sales. It is literally at the number one spot in the chart displayed in the first post. Also note the example of how to correctly use the word 'literally' in the preceding sentence.

To be honest, EA's sales were successful is not because of their marketing success, what they did actually was conning people, thus you see how the Amazon victims bought the crappy game, they regretted and want refunds (Even if I would to buy it just because of the storyline, I'll be totally mistaken), which means they got conned. Don't get me wrong, but if you were one of them from there, you know it's true. It's like robbery out there.

But lucky for me, I've been keeping up with C&C4's progress and I'm too smart to fall for this "too good to be true" scheme.

Edited by Silverthorn

Everyone knew C&C 4 was different to the older games. **** it even says that on the back of the game box. Plus you can't get a refund because you don't like a game. Its not like a faulty TV or DVD player. If you buy that and doesn't work you have every right to return it. Any retailer that gives you a refund for a game is stupid. Unless the DVD is physically damaged upon opening the box. Even then it up to the retailer to decide the best course of action. If I owned a retail store selling games and you walked into my store saying "C&C 4 is awful... give me my money back!", I'd tell you to piss off.

So yeah the C&C 4 storyline is weak, again that's your opinion. But what you do expect to see printed on the box or advertised? "Play C&C 4 - The horrible ending the Tiberium story".

Silverthorn, stop making silly accusations that EA were out to con you and other C&C fans :rolleyes:. Didn't I remind you about this a few posts back in this very thread?

This is really getting out of control and honestly, after looking at some of the posts, its getting really stupid.

Stop crying over spilled milk.

The game has been made, the ending has been fixed, even if the ending stinks.

I understand the disappointment, I feel the pain, but no point whining over it over and over again, its not like EA's gonna pull back the game and redo it or something.

Just accept that the franchise has came to an end, alright? I'm sure all you fans have other better things to do than just whine. Don't like the story? Go ahead and rewrite some fan fiction story of how you think C&C should have ended, or make some mods. If the C&C fever has died down, I'm sure there are better things outside that can be done. Hang out with your friends, find a job, do something meaningful, or spend some quality time with your loved ones, you'll get over with the C&C disappointment I can assure you that.

Edited by Malevolence

Just accept that the franchise has came to an end, alright?

For the record, the franchise has NOT come to an end. Just that story arc or chapter.

For the record, the franchise has NOT come to an end. Just that story arc or chapter.

But hasn't it though? With the terrible showing in C&C4, do you honestly think another C&C game would sell? I'm not entirely sure. I know I probably wouldn't buy one.

You know it's true, but anyway, no further attacks on EA in this thread again. But like I mentioned earlier, I bet the EA fanboys are gonna come out and kill me. *roll eyes*

True true, spilled milks are done for, so whatever, we get the painful moment. And Sith has a point too, there's one question, will newcomers & existing fans are convinced that the new C&C game will bring them back? Can we trust Jon Van?

EDIT : Ok Mal, you got my attention. Yes, I think it's best that we put this whole fight to an end. I wish I could give my fandom up, but it's very difficult. I got to be really honest, even if Jon Van will arrive, will his game please us? Like I mentioned last year before, if EA completely nails the franchise into the coffin, it'll lay it to rest in peace and in true honor rather than continue to suffer more humiliation. In my personal heart and if I were the franchise, I would scream, "Please, just kill me already! My fans don't like me anymore! Don't give me anymore shame!" I don't say I hate the franchise or EA in this paragraph, I would say it's best to give it a peaceful death, enough is enough, how many more fans will EA need to see them fighting each other like hell everyday, day & night.

Edited by Silverthorn

EA completely nails the franchise into the coffin

Imo that happened a few weeks ago.

Are you sure, Sith? EA doesn't say anything about the franchise is finally over, they say we got Jon Van Caneghem is coming to supervise the franchise. We have no idea what's next afterwards? In this case, the coffin nails are not nailed yet. :(

Are you sure, Sith? EA doesn't say anything about the franchise is finally over, they say we got Jon Van Caneghem is coming to supervise the franchise. We have no idea what's next afterwards? In this case, the coffin nails are not nailed yet. :(

It doesn't matter what they say, it matters what the market says. If nobody buys their game, then it is as good as dead.

I don't know about you, the marketing team may say that, but I fear their bosses may also probably said that too. They canceled out Tiberium FPS, which will sell a lot better than C&C4 if it's still alive. But for this case, if money is all what they want, then like you said, they're truly lost. Do they realize that their own company has a reputation as well? The more they **** up their own games, the more people will hate and will turn to other companies that respect customers & their requests. Not to mention Ubisoft, they join forces on this whole DRM thing, and it also begins to bug me, will their fans are angry and possibly ditching their loyalty?

The marketing team may have the upper hand of profiting money out from deceived & conned customers, but I predict that they'll pull the stunt again, hence the Amazon reviewers are right. If you fuel their stupidity, they'll continue to pull this off again and again and again.

Edited by Silverthorn

If they'd make a normal C&C again, I'd buy it. Just not another C&C4 please :P

I know a lot of people are miffed about the gameplay and story. But after playing C&C4 (about 15-20 matches) The crawler thing is starting to grow on me. Especially when you actually work as a team.

However, I can't say it makes the game triple A. But when you have a good game with both teams working together extensively it can be a lot of fun.

I honestly feel that the crawler system still has some promise. In fact I'm positive that if the new team can get some more funding, and time, they can really make the next C&C (whether it be C&C5, RA4, Generals 2, or a new story all together) fantastic. In fact I've personally thought of multiple ways they could introduce harvesting AND base-building back into the series and still keep the crawler. I even know a way they could explain the return of base building in story. It's fairly simple really, they would just need the resources for it.

When it comes the C&C4's story though, it may look bleak, but I've thought hard about it, and the story used in C&C4 was as short as an expansions. Which is almost criminal really. But since I've been is such a brainstorming mood lately I realized that if you just look at C&C4 as an expansion to KW (an expensive one) it's not all that bad. Hell, if they continue the series, and somehow bring Kane back, the next C&C's story has the potential to actually be extremely epic.

Warning spoilers!!!

Think of it this way. After Kane went through the portal (presumably ascending) a news reporter said that thousands of Nod, Kane, follows vanished over night. So, with that, you can assume that not only did the people vanish, but so did their crawlers/bases what have you. From this Kane has the opportunity to take whatever world that portal leads too with The Brotherhood at his side. With the scrin (or some new alien race perhaps) technology, he can use this to further "ascend" his followers who survived the war for the planet, perfectly fusing Tiberium and Human to create the perfect being. (past attempts only failed because of the lack of scrin technology, making them reliant on faulty human technology). I haven't put much thought into GDI yet though since I've always been a noddie at heart.

Of course this is all speculation and assumptions. But like I said, their is still hope for the story. If they go with something like I stated above, I honestly believe C&C's story will finally get as epic as it once was, and more so! Hell, it could probably end up being better then Starcraft's easily (Had to say it =P)

tl;dr: Future C&C's have a lot of pent up potential thanks to C&C4, the new team just needs to capitalize on this.

Edited by Troopzor

I feel that EA has been pumping out C&C games too fast. I mean, I thought C&C3 was pretty good. Sure, they broke the story in quite a few places, but overall it was a decent attempt, considering we are talking about EA. KW was a disaster story-wise, but still fun to play. RA3 came really quickly after that and then its expansion. To be honest I haven't played either. And now C&C4 is here and I have only had time to play it a little, but I didn't enjoy either the story or the gameplay. Sam Bass himself said their games have a quite short development time. I feel that I have been overwhelmed with C&C and I really don't have time to play it all and thus I'm enjoying it even less. Either that or I don't have the spare time I used to have.

Anyhow, I will wait to give my final verdict on C&C4 until I have properly played the game.

I agree with Troopzor. I have a lot of faith in the next game. Sure experiments can go bad (like this one), but I'm sure EA will learn from this and make a better game.