Sonic

Command & Conquer 4 in the #1 Spot Again

if you just look at C&C4 as an expansion to KW (an expensive one) it's not all that bad.

Lower our standards? Give me a good reason to do that.

Hell, if they continue the series, and somehow bring Kane back, the next C&C's story has the potential to actually be extremely epic.

Not happening, definitely not happening, and no.

I'm sure EA will learn from this and make a better game.

How in the world could anyone possibly believe that? :rolleyes:

I'm sure EA will learn from this and make a better game.

Yeah, you've got to admit, "EA" and "learns from their mistakes" are not often found in the same statement unless "never" is included between them.

Lower our standards? Give me a good reason to do that.

The only reason I have for you is that if you don't C&C4 will continue to look extremely crappy.

Yeah, you've got to admit, "EA" and "learns from their mistakes" are not often found in the same statement unless "never" is included between them.

I just like to be hopeful. You may be right in the end. Maybe they won't learn. But I can't see how you can make games for a living and not try to make every game you make something AWESOME. Even though bad games happen way too often....

I just like to be hopeful.

Understand that most of us are. But everyone has a limit. For me, C&C4 was that limit.

tl;dr: Future C&C's have a lot of pent up potential thanks to C&C4, the new team just needs to capitalize on this.

Not going to quote the entirety of that post since it's large, but.. lots of people in the community can think of good ways to reintroduce those things.

And C&C has always had lots of pent up potential. There has never been a time when it hasn't had potential. Except maybe now since they've wrapped up the storyline, and done a poor job of it. C&C4 is an enormous blunder. EA never takes proper advantage of that potential to do something cool and never will.

It's always a giant "if." Well, "if" they do this right, or "if" they do it this way, or "if" they do that one aspect that way, then it could be great. But they don't, and they won't. It never leaves the hypothetical "if" stage and they go off in a different direction.

The only reason I have for you is that if you don't C&C4 will continue to look extremely crappy.

Because it is?

I just like to be hopeful. You may be right in the end. Maybe they won't learn. But I can't see how you can make games for a living and not try to make every game you make something AWESOME. Even though bad games happen way too often....

Because they're in it for the money. As history will show, EA is the company that turned video games into a business and not a form of entertaining people. It's a business first, and everything else comes second with them. Granted anyone who makes games for a living needs to make enough money to, well, make a living, but EA has historically taken that way too far.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I gave EA some faith with C&C3 and the result was mediocre and not that fun. Then I gave them some more with Kane's Wrath thinking even though it would probably also be mediocre, at least I'd be able to mod it... No SDK came. (Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.) Then I suspiciously gave them a little when they announced RA3... until I saw what it looked like. I knew C&C4 was most likely going to be bad before it was even announced, and it is. How can you possibly still have faith in EA unless you are hopelessly insane? (I know, I know, the answer is that you don't think the games are as bad as I do.)

For the record, the franchise has NOT come to an end. Just that story arc or chapter.

Same difference. As far as I'm concerned "the franchise" is the Tiberium saga, and that's dead.

I agree very much with Bob.

Same difference. As far as I'm concerned "the franchise" is the Tiberium saga, and that's dead.

Truth. The Tiberium saga was where it all began. Red Alert was part of the Tiberium arc until EA ****ed that up. Generals was C&C3 until that was ****ed up too, and it became a completely different story. The Tiberium saga is the franchise.

Edited by sith_wampa

I saw that yesterday, it was surprising. No further comment. US sales wise, I'm not sure, but Amazon might probably already tells the story, I think.

Ok, just for the Amazon update, apparently it just gets worse. From the front page which Nmenth gave, the results are changed :

2 STAR is from 2 to 5.

1 STAR is from 109 to 123.

Edited by Silverthorn