Sonic

Command & Conquer Red Alert for the iPad

What once for the iPhone is now available for Apple's latest and greatest gadget. Command & Conquer Red Alert is now available for the iPad. Featuring some exclusive new contest just for the iPad version. Here's some screen shots and all the details.

thumb_ipad_ra1.jpg thumb_ipad_ra2.jpg thumb_ipad_ra3.jpg

thumb_ipad_ra4.jpg thumb_ipad_ra5.jpg

Calling all new iPad owners! Without question, we know one of the primary reasons you've just picked up that slick piece of portable 9" x 7" HD hardware was to play games. And what could be better than playing Command & Conquer Red Alert iPAD! Updated from the iPhone version with exclusive features just for the iPAD, the fully loaded HD RTS action from Command & Conquer Red Alert will send you fighting for Soviet domination, restoring piece with the Allies, or battling as the Empire of the Rising Sun. Check out these exclusive bonus features just for the iPAD version, and screenshots below.
  • iPAD EXCLUSIVE FEATURES: With explosive graphic quality, including hyper-realistic avatars and pre-rendered 3D buildings, you won’t believe your eyes! The iPad game also offers a FREE BUNDLE of 6 additional Skirmish Maps and “The Rising Sun” expansion pack to maximize your real-time strategy action. (5 more combat levels than iPhone and 6 more skirmish maps)

• COMMAND THE COMBAT: The reactive combat system plunges you into the action with the triple-touch Selection Box, allowing you to quickly choose combat units, and control multiple units at once. Create a perimeter around your units using 3 fingers and move your units to keep the quick action through the game. Plus, take advantage of a doubled zoom level for tactical control like never before.

• OPTIMIZED UI: More information in less screens reduce steps to the action and positioning of elements makes it more comfortable when playing on iPad

• HEAD-TO-HEAD MULTIPLAYER MODES. Battle friends via local WiFi and Bluetooth Multiplayer. Play seamlessly with iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.

• CHOOSE YOUR FACTION AND GO TO WAR. Battle through 15 intense combat levels as the Soviets, Allies, or the Empire of the Rising Sun. Engage in Skirmish or Campaign Modes, and arm yourself with new and classic units.

Click here to learn more about Command & Conquer Red Alert for the iPad.

This looks better than RA3 and C&C4. ^_^

Hmmm... this could be quite fun... touch screen C&C on a decent sized screen. I would never buy an ipad... ever... but still looks like good fun.

Why would anyone play this crap when they could play RA3 on a REAL computer? :P

Stupid iPad imitation crap.

Red Alert :thumbsup:

iPad :thumbsdown:

I can understand the iPhone or iPod Touch, but the iPad just looks silly. Plus its another "waste of money".

yes this looks really cool even though i despise apple, and the ipad is silly. but, RA mobile makes more sense on an ipad than an iphone i guess

If i had a Ipad, i'de install all red alerts, and give it a Soviet looking

Looks a lot of fun, but obviously I'd never buy an iPad for it.

Guest Stevie_K

No offense Sonic, but sometimes your news posts looks more like advertisements than actual community news.

Of course if there's money involved, I'll just keep my mouth shut ;)

I know the iPad was too much of a nuisance on games. Games on touchpad without mini keyboards won't do much good there.

I would never buy a product from Apple. Period.

P.S. They are even more evil than EA. Yes, I just wrote that.

Edited by recover

No offense Sonic, but sometimes your news posts looks more like advertisements than actual community news.

They do :unsure: Well its not intentional or anything. I just report the details I get from the press releases or other sources.

Newly released C&C games are not community news? :huh:

Guest Stevie_K
Newly released C&C games are not community news? :huh:

Yes, but it doesn't have to involve a direct link to the purchasing site.

Yes, but it doesn't have to involve a direct link to the purchasing site.

Why? That is the purpose of the news...

Links are always provided for the source in news topics, this time the source happens to have something for sale.

There you go D14810, its not advertising any more :)

But when you really think about this whole site is one giant advert for C&C games. As are all C&C fansites and fansites in other communities.

Guest Stevie_K
There you go D14810, its not advertising any more :)

Technically it is.

But when you really think about this whole site is one giant advert for C&C games. As are all C&C fansites and fansites in other communities.

I partly disagree with you. In general, news articles often has a neutral point of view. But this is a game fan site, so I guess it's an advertise itself :P

Looks retarded. The game isn't meant to be played with a "single click" that you get with using your finger.