Sign in to follow this  
CraftManiac

TD Skirmish?

Is it possible to play Skrimish in TD, single player?

Edited by CraftYuriManiac

Short answer is no. Neither version (C&C DOS or C&C Gold) have a skirmish mode. Skirmish wasn't added until Red Alert.

Nyerguds has released a patch for TD that lets you run a LAN game with only one player (you) and up to 8 (I think) AI enemies. However they have no base building AI so they just use the initial units given.

Nyerguds has released a patch for TD that lets you run a LAN game with only one player (you) and up to 8 (I think) AI enemies. However they have no base building AI so they just use the initial units given.

Six players is the maximum, so 5 enemy AIs. and yeah, they don't have bases, and rush your hard. Still, with Mobile HQ or CTF mode, it makes for some fun games. and you can always decrease the number of players :)

BTW, how does the AI behave in real C&C MP games? I think I've read somewhere that it can "take over" the side of a resigned human player, is that true? Does the AI do anything besides using all its offensive units to go after the human players?

if a player leaves, his stuff is left in control of an unprogrammed AI. It behaves just like an unprogrammed AI would in missions... all it does is keep its harvester loop going, and probably replace harvesters when they're destroyed.

Not sure if it actually builds units though. I remember putting a civilian-owned base on the map and it kept churning out tons and tons of civilians.