Sonic

Command & Conquer 4 Patch 1.02 & Worldbuilder Released

Patch 1.02 for Command & Conquer 4 has been released and is now available. This patch addresses various network/disconnect issues, adds an auto-save to Campaign/Skirmish if a network disconnect occurs, support for Worldbuilder, and most importantly, skirmish/custom match tunable options such as lethality, time, victory points, and more. A wealth of gameplay tuning fixes have also been addressed. To get this update, simply launch Command & Conquer 4, login, and the update should automatically begin. The full change list is posted below.

cc4_patch102_wb.jpg

Patch 1.02 Change-List

• Campaign/Skirmish progress is automatically saved if a network disconnect occurs
  • Various bug fixes in relation to crash/disconnect issues
  • Skirmish / Custom Match Tunable Options:
    • Lethality
    • Time
    • Victory Points
    • Goal Point Multiplier
    • Unit Kill Multiplier
    • On/Off Map Reveal
    • On/Off Random Crates
  • Worldbuilder framework added to game (Map Transfer, in-game support, etc.)
  • Numerous gameplay fixes related to shell UI and in-game

And as mentioned, the Command & Conquer 4 Worldbuilder is also available for download.

Command & Conquer Headquarters is also proud to release the official Worldbuilder map-making tool for C&C 4. You can now create as many 5v5 multiplayer or custom maps to your hearts content and share them with the Command & Conquer community via our message boards and our wide array of fan-sites. This Worldbuilder tool released is the same exact in-house tool our developers use to create single-player and multiplayer maps. It can be used for basic map-making, and the most advanced extraordinary designs. If this is your first time using Worldbuilder for any of our games, please be sure to read some of the introductory documentation included with the download. You'll need it, Commander! Get mappin!

Use either of the links below to download the Command & Conquer 4 Worldbuilder.

:cc4:Command & Conquer 4 Worldbuilder (8.59 MB) | CNCNZ.com Mirror
:cc4: Command & Conquer 4 Worldbuilder (8.59 MB) | EA Mirror

Yay! Stuff that should have been included in the release and wasn't because EA was too stubborn to allow C&C4 have a reasonable production time! :rolleyes:

Yay! Stuff that should have been included in the release and wasn't because EA was too stubborn to allow C&C4 have a reasonable production time! :rolleyes:

Be grateful you get anything. :)

Be grateful you get anything. :)

Technically I'm not getting anything, since I don't own the game yet. :P

nmenth i feel the same way. honestly, does EA expect us NOT to hate them at this point? cmon

rly ea?

Still crashing very time I want to loadup my save game, and I still cant play on the game full stop, the game only works when in stalled first time afder that coming back to your game, crashes and go back to windows screen.

So no that patch 1.02 didnt help at all

Ah good the Worldbuilder is out. Although to be honest I have to agree with Nmenth, they've been working with this engine for so long, and with so many iterations, that it should be easysauce for them to include it when the game ships. And the Mod SDK too for that matter. Speaking of which, has Apoc mentioned the SDK at all on the forums recently? I haven't been reading them. Not that I'm holding my breath for it to ever see the light of day.

Still crashing very time I want to loadup my save game, and I still cant play on the game full stop, the game only works when in stalled first time afder that coming back to your game, crashes and go back to windows screen.

So no that patch 1.02 didnt help at all

You may nave more problems with your PC and/or internet connection then. Try playing from the start with out using a save game or play a skirmish and see if you get better results.

When it crashes do you get an error message?

And the Mod SDK too for that matter. Speaking of which, has Apoc mentioned the SDK at all on the forums recently? I haven't been reading them.

Nothing has been mentioned regarding the Mod SDK. Probably will never see it. I don't think the community can see much modding potential in C&C 4 though.

On the subject of the Worldbuilder. This was Mastermind's last official duty at EALA. He got this thing ready for the general public.

Plus I've heard patch 1.03 is already in the works and its coming sooner rather than later. This patch will include further technical fixes, and new multiplayer maps.

You may nave more problems with your PC and/or internet connection then. Try playing from the start with out using a save game or play a skirmish and see if you get better results.

When it crashes do you get an error message?

Nothing has been mentioned regarding the Mod SDK. Probably will never see it. I don't think the community can see much modding potential in C&C 4 though.

On the subject of the Worldbuilder. This was Mastermind's last official duty at EALA. He got this thing ready for the general public.

Plus I've heard patch 1.03 is already in the works and its coming sooner rather than later. This patch will include further technical fixes, and new multiplayer maps.

What is man is the first day I got C&C4 worked with no issues at all the game run fine and every thin, but you save your game come off it go out some where lets say, come back start up C&C 4 load up ya save game and crash when it about start.

(AW1) There no error message to say what the problem is just gose back to windows srceen.

(AW) 2 Yes I tryed from the start with out using a save game or play a skirmish and see if you get better results and there same thin happends.

The most funny thin is right now I can reinstall it and it will work fine untill I come to turn off my PC and load up my save game or start a new skirmish game or campaign.

I don't see any signs of balance changes yet. :mellow:

Besides what's the point of a 5 vs 5 match? Some people can barely play C&C4 especially when it comes to multiplayer. With no sign of the last BCPT in hand, future Battlecast matches involving CNC4 will never be shown.

nice to have a patch but the change log sucks!

we need details people details!

what doesn it mean, fix various issues!?? is this a joke? if a person had a bug he must download the patch and then try to reproduce it?

can you just give the detailed list of fixes?

Ah good the Worldbuilder is out. Although to be honest I have to agree with Nmenth, they've been working with this engine for so long, and with so many iterations, that it should be easysauce for them to include it when the game ships.

Actually, due to the networking system restructuring (mostly the packet reflector, which means no NAT negotiation or anything like that), we had to rebuild the map transfer support for this game. So, it wasn't just a quick and simple process, there was quite a bit of work involved in getting everything ready.

Yeah i had to uninstall it. Didnt enjoy the gameplay and I have to take my laptop to the University library to play it.

At least they got the worldbuilder out quick. Oh well. Enjoy guys.

Yay - can't wait to try this out on the weekend.

Actually, due to the networking system restructuring (mostly the packet reflector, which means no NAT negotiation or anything like that), we had to rebuild the map transfer support for this game. So, it wasn't just a quick and simple process, there was quite a bit of work involved in getting everything ready.

Thanks for the information, but out of curiosity how does that affect the worldbuilder? Is the worldbuilder actually the part of the game that handles the file transfers for maps? I would expect that it's just the tool used to author the map files and therefore it wouldn't matter if the networking system had to be restructured since that would be handled by a different part of the game's code. Unless you mean that there wasn't time to include the worldbuilder because other parts of the game took higher priority?

+1

Thanks for the information, but out of curiosity how does that affect the worldbuilder? Is the worldbuilder actually the part of the game that handles the file transfers for maps? I would expect that it's just the tool used to author the map files and therefore it wouldn't matter if the networking system had to be restructured since that would be handled by a different part of the game's code. Unless you mean that there wasn't time to include the worldbuilder because other parts of the game took higher priority?

Releasing Worldbuilder did require some work (there were certain technologies which are EA internal only which needed to be removed), but mainly the delay was due to the network transfer back-end. It's not strictly necessary for Worldbuilder to have the file transfer system in the game engine, but without it the usefulness of Worldbuilder is significantly diminished. Without map transfer, it becomes very difficult to have any large number of players using a particular map, so supporting map transfer was something that was important to actually releasing Worldbuilder. Therefore, it was decided to make sure that both Worldbuilder and the necessary engine changes were released at the same time, rather than leading with Worldbuilder.

Releasing Worldbuilder did require some work (there were certain technologies which are EA internal only which needed to be removed), but mainly the delay was due to the network transfer back-end. It's not strictly necessary for Worldbuilder to have the file transfer system in the game engine, but without it the usefulness of Worldbuilder is significantly diminished. Without map transfer, it becomes very difficult to have any large number of players using a particular map, so supporting map transfer was something that was important to actually releasing Worldbuilder. Therefore, it was decided to make sure that both Worldbuilder and the necessary engine changes were released at the same time, rather than leading with Worldbuilder.

Well I agree that was a good decision, but as Nmenth said this is probably one of those things that should have been ready at release.

I hope that doesn't offend you, I wouldn't think you have control over the amount of time you have to work with.

Ah I see, so it wasn't because the Worldbuilder absolutely needed that map-transfer architecture, but because of some other stuff. Thanks for the infos again. ;)

Darn it, just one month of delay in the release date would have helped so much the game, sure you wouldn't have sold a million more copies, but the knowledge you could customize your games and create maps may have attracted some more people to play C&C, after all the gameplay is the main positive point of Tiberian Twilight.