Nmenth

Fixing RA2 and YR errors

I bought the original CD and I cannot install the game on my windows 8.1, Setup is not running

I recently started playing RA2 but after few mission loading saves got extremely slow. It takes nearly 5 minutes to load. I have clean game and compatibility settings turned on. Game runs normally except the loading. I play on windows 10 64 bit.

Can you help me please?

Edited by Alven

Yes.

Hello, I am trying to get TFD's version of Yuri's revenge to work on Win7 x64, I'm using the unofficial 103 rev4 patch, Here's what happens: I click the button on TFD launcher and it loads for a second and then it pops up a message that says "***FATAL*** String Manager Failed to Initialize Properly" I press "OK" and it boots me back to the launcher. This is what I have tried to get it working:  1. Run as Admin,  2. Compatibility mode for 98/ME,  3. Compatibility mode for XP SP3, 4. Disable DPi  Scaling, 5. Combos of 1 2 3 & 4, 6. Re-Installed twice. What am I missing? It works flawlessly on another computer I own (but it's the only thing Installed on that one). Thanks for your ideas in advance 🙂  

Thank you vary much! I had no idea that it was so complex to get working.

Hi,
I installed cncnet in yuri's revenge to play online. Works fine, thanks for the chance :) But sometime we would like to play with the normal game LAN mode with the sonic mod. The blue hedgehog is very popular in the family. In the cncnet version the mod does not exist as i see, but after i installed cncnet the LAN option not working in the normal YR game. When i clicked on the LAN button the menu refreshing and i still the main menu.

Is it possible to use the two program parallel? Or is cncnet starter program can use the RA2 mods in LAN skirmish?

Thanks for the answers!

Edited by forumuser