Sign in to follow this  
Coolness7

Command & Conquer IV: Tiberian Eclipse

Tiberian Eclipse is a new mod that focuses on bringing back traditional gameplay and infusing it with the mechanics of C&C4

moddb page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/cnciv

We are currently recruiting members for our mod team, we are especially low on texture artists, if you are interested in signing up, email [email protected] or visit our about-to-be obsolete forum @ http://reduxmod.darkbb.com/

eclipse2.jpg

2njh95d.jpg

Your entire attitude behind this mod is wrong. Your constant bad mouthing of EA is very off putting. I'm not a modder myself, but I'm sure people don't make mods to "fix" what the devs originally did or did not do.

You criticise EA yet you happily and freely use their assets in your promotional artwork. Kind of hypocritical isn't it?

I'm not trying bad mouth your efforts. Modding is part of our community. I don't like your approach and reasons for creating this mod that's all.

Your entire attitude behind this mod is wrong. Your constant bad mouthing of EA is very off putting. I'm not a modder myself, but I'm sure people don't make mods to "fix" what the devs originally did or did not do.

You criticise EA yet you happily and freely use their assets in your promotional artwork. Kind of hypocritical isn't it?

While I kind of have to agree with your first two statements here, Sonic, I'm going to defend this as well.

Modders normally don't use the word "fix", but even so, yes, a lot of mods are entirely dedicated to balancing, exploit removal, and bug fixing... AKA fixing what the devs originally did or did not do.

Hypocritical? Maybe a little bit, but I am not afraid to put down EA myself when I think they need it, but that doesn't mean I have no respect for what they do or that I will vow to never touch their assets either.

My own opinion, although I am very disappointed with C&C4, I don't think "fixing" it is a good plan and unless this mod ended up exceptionally spectacular, I wouldn't touch it.

Sorry,but is this game (command & conquer IV) new game becuase I haven’t heard of it before?

No its a mod for C&C 3.

A C&C4 remake on a C&C3 mod may be difficult as a C&C4 Mod SDK might not be possible in the long run and putting some C&C4 assets into C&C3 will be difficult due to different format changes. I don't see where this mod is going and I thought they are going to include SP campaign missions in the mod. I can tell that his mod probably isn't going to work to fix the issues that C&C4 lacks.

with the overwhelming hatred behind the latest installment to the Tiberium Universe being expressed in the comments for this I am really on the fence when it comes to supporting this mod. I may follow this mod I'm with Sonic on this one the attitude behind it is wrong.

I'm not trying bad mouth your efforts. Modding is part of our community. I don't like your approach and reasons for creating this mod that's all.

Ok, I realise this comes pretty late, but I stumbled upon this forum while looking for info on TE.

Can I ask you a question? Why would "bad mouthing EA" be "off putting" for you? If you have even the tiniest understanding of the cynical and half-arsed way they approached C&C 4, you'd agree that EA deserves all the bad mouthing they get! What this mod shows is the depth of anger and feelings betrayal that exist in the C&C community as a result of this abomination that was Tiberian Twilight.

Indeed, the palpable response from fans seems even more justified now that there have been revelations that this was supposed to be a non-cannon stand alone multiplayer title that EA management forcibly changed to a sequel by tacking on a campaign at the last minute. This move by EA was specifically designed to trick fans who wouldn't have otherwise purchased what is essentially an online multiplayer game into thinking it was something that it is clearly not. EA management was deceitful, dishonest and disrespectful of the loyal fan base of the series and as a result they deserve all the bad mouthing and public denouncements that have been made against them. To say that an outraged community response to this negligent and arrogant attitude of EA's is unreasonable is ridiculous; consumers don't like being lied to and to expect them to just sit there and take it is unrealistic.

Sorry, but I'm still really angry with EA for the damage they've done to C&C with Tiberian Twilight.

Edited by CABAL_12

If you have even the tiniest understanding

It seems you lack this trait. Who are you to possess such insight into EALA? You sound like a mere fan and no more...

Some of us, Sonic especially, know slightly more about what goes on within the company.

That is not to say C&C4 was a masterpiece, by any means, nor that they managed its production particularly well. My point is that you do not seem justified or qualified to make these accusations against EALA, and probably are no more than a disgruntled fan taking any and every opportunity to bitterly whine about what they did to 'your' franchise.

It seems you lack this trait. Who are you to possess such insight into EALA? You sound like a mere fan and no more...

Some of us, Sonic especially, know slightly more about what goes on within the company.

That is not to say C&C4 was a masterpiece, by any means, nor that they managed its production particularly well. My point is that you do not seem justified or qualified to make these accusations against EALA, and probably are no more than a disgruntled fan taking any and every opportunity to bitterly whine about what they did to 'your' franchise.

And therein lies my point. Reread my post, no where did I blame EA LA. No, I blamed EA management. I've read all the info that has come out from the now former developers of C&C 4 and their level disenchantment with their treatment by headquarters stemming from the unrealistic and unreasonable demands placed on them. It is not the developers I am angry with.

You are right though, I am a C&C fan and not a developer. But I personally don't think this means that I am not qualified to express my disappointment and anger at what the majority of the community has felt is a gross mishandling of this beloved series.

If, however, you are in possession of information that would cast a new light on what happened with C&C4, please share it by all means. I've no trouble changing my position if new information indicates I'm wrong, but thus far it has been conspicuously absent.

Edited by CABAL_12

I am just goin to quote what Louis Castle when asked about Twilight:

Platform Online:EA released C&C4 earlier this year as the final chapter to the Tiberium arc. How do you feel about the ending to C&C4?

Louis Castle: I think that the team they had doing it was a very talented team, they worked on a lot of the other C&C products. They were seriously resource constrained when it came to trying to make the product they wanted to make. I’m a little disappointed by the product at the end of the day. Not because the team didn’t do a good job with what they had, I just think it was under resourced to be the finale. I thought the story was interesting. It wasn’t the way we had originally envisioned it, but that’s OK. They were the ones who were in charge of the canon at that point, so it’s up to them to decide how it ends.

Bolded part of the quote is what I believed happened with Twilight imho.

Edited by Immortal_Joker

A C&C4 remake on a C&C3 mod may be difficult as a C&C4 Mod SDK might not be possible in the long run and putting some C&C4 assets into C&C3 will be difficult due to different format changes. I don't see where this mod is going and I thought they are going to include SP campaign missions in the mod. I can tell that his mod probably isn't going to work to fix the issues that C&C4 lacks.

I see. Now I know. I haven't heard about this before.

Guest Rabbit

Topic is old, moddb page is gone.

Sorry dude.