Sonic

The Final BattleCast Primetime

Here it is, the Final BattleCast Primetime. After 2 years and 25 episodes it all ends how it began, with a special "BattleCast 10" showcasing some of the best multiplayer matches from the likes of Command & Conquer 3, Red Alert 3 and even C&C Generals and Zero Hour. You can watch it below.

Some of the team at EALA who helped with bringing BattleCast Primetime to your computer screen each and every month have shared some special comments on the Official C&C Site.....

bcpt_gg.jpg

"Who said we wouldn't last this long?! What was deemed a web show experiment back in August 2007, blossomed into an incredible monthly Command & Conquer online TV series from BattleCast Primetime to Command School to AfterMath, and wouldn't have stood a chance at thriving this long if not for our dedicated and passionate fan-base, and our incredible crew. BattleCast Primetime was created for the fans, and survived because of our fans, no doubt about it, and I sincerely hope other video game franchises attempt creative community driven experiments such as BCPT. This was an incredible fan-service show, I hope it's remembered and inspired from for a long time to come. Thank you C&C fans, I will sincerely miss my 1x1 corner."

- Aaron "APOC" Kaufman (C&C Community Manager)

"Battlecast Primetime has given me an opportunity to interact with and serve the most awesome fans in the world. My dedication to the community is only surpassed by their overwhelming love and support. Knowing that I get to reach out every month and bring a slice of C&C to those who crave it the most brings me a satisfaction that is tough to sum up in words. All of the hard work we put into our games is completely for the fans, and having been able to interact so closely with the community over the past few years has been an honor."

- Raj "Boom Boom RicoUSA" Joshi (BCPT Co-Host)

"I would like to that all of the fans for their undying support over the past couple of years. C&CTV was only a small idea and it’s because of you that it has become an overwhelming success. I want to personally thank all of you for making C&CTV one of the best memories I have at EA."

- David "Eye of the Tiger" Silverman (BCPT Co-Host)

"BattleCast Primetime was more than just a job. It was a portal to communicate, inform, and interact with thousands of C&C fans worldwide. It was proof that even with a skeleton crew and practically no budget, dedicated developers, marketers and post-production people could produce an entertaining, successful newscast that excited its audience as it informed. And most of all, it was a way to get all of Raj Joshi's excess energy out, and for that, I will be forever grateful."

- Jackson Lanzing (BCPT Lead Editor)

"You are a fiercely passionate group that demands the very best, inspiring us as developers to always put our best foot forward. BCPT was more then a podcast for me - it was my break into the games industry, and it launched my career as a producer. I'm sad to see the Command & Conquer TV studios go dark, but I'm also incredibly proud of what the team accomplished. It was an honor serving you for nearly three years - now let's blow this thing and go home!"

- Matt "EA Shadow" Ott (C&C Producer)

BattleCast Primetime was a revolutionary creation for the C&C Community. It inspired other sites to create their video web shows as well, even here at CNCNZ.com, we experimented with our "LiveWire" concepts, to some success. But in then end it was left to the BattleCast Primetime team at EALA for our month fix. Goodbye BattleCast Primetime.... perhaps we will indeed see you on the battlefield in the future once again.

The C&C generals replays were awesome, but.... I was expecting more then just a top10 for a EPIC last BCPT :(

The C&C generals replays were awesome, but.... I was expecting more then just a top10 for a EPIC last BCPT :(

Epic conclusions aren't exactly their strong point :thumbsup:

But seriously, it was good to see these guys one last time. BCPT had a great run, it was a great way to tie the community together, and I appreciate the effort put into making each episode.

APOC posted this on the Official C&C Forums about what happened with the final BCPT.

Hey everyone,

Well, this is one of the few times in over 5 years as your Community Manager when I sincerely feel a brutal heart-beating with the words that are about to follow. So I'll cut the sentimental vibe and get to the point, or rather, the hard facts.

If you asked me 2 years ago, would BattleCast Primetime end on this note, I would have said you are crazier than Joe Kucan. If you asked me 2 months ago, I would have said the same thing, when I cheerfully proclaimed our final episode would go out with a glorious epic bang. After all, the show was always over-the-top, enough cheese to satisfy Wisconsin, and enough fan-service entertainment to keep even the most casual C&C fan entertained for 30 minutes. Things were on track...

Long non-excuse-story-short, we were plagued on our final episode by some unfortunate internal situations out of our control. Resources getting trimmed, our lead contract BCPT editor being in the hospital during a very critical production week, our other editor strapped on the motion comic, and then over a week ago all of the above resources were critically impacted and left us in an unfathomable position to finish the final episode.

While not impossible, it is certainly unlikely the final episode can re-acquire the resources needed to finish, and they were significant. I'll never say never, but I'd rather be upfront and honest. I apologize on behalf of the BCPT team that the series is currently ending on this note. Given the passion we've poured in the last 2+ years, this was far from the desired outcome.

We did however have "The Final 10" completed, and while it may seem rough around the edges (o it is), I think its still one of our best, especially with the inclusion of Generals and Zero Hour. C&C 4 was omitted for no reason other than we started production on this before the game shipped, and lets be honest, it takes awhile to have some truly classic replays. I will say however, The Main Event was a C&C 4 event pitting some of our past Main Event champions against one another, pretty cool.

At any rate, The Final 10 and some final thoughts can be found here:

http://www.commandandconquer.com/news/fina...ecast-primetime

And finally, the BCPT CREW was ALWAYS separate from the dev team, which means, do not assume the above is any indication of the franchise commitment and future going forward. In fact, I know JVC and our current C&C team are heavily inspired by BCPT, and as we rebuild the future of C&C, a show like this could be back one day yet again. The C&C franchise is in very good hands with JVC and our current team, and I know we look forward to building the future with you.

-APOC

http://forums.commandandconquer.com/jforum...list/40208.page

And just reading through some of the posts in the thread on the official forums..... damn the people who post there are so full of **** and have absolutely no clue :rolleyes:

"EMP pulses" is redundant (@2:45)... Just thought I'd let them know. :P

Raj Joshi was a little embarrassed (cause his game didn't get at least 3/10 metacritic user score...)

Edited by Jarzka

Yeah, I could expect more of this too. But too bad, it's just another epic fail for EALA anyway after all what happened there.

Now what remains of C&CTV is the CNC Motion Comic. I wonder when that series be finished. It won't be long before C&CTV goes to the archives.

Well at least they got something out there.

They still have the motion comic to finish, which I feel is really good anyway. :)

This was another hyped up let down just like C&C4 itself. It's kind of symbolic really. Not only do I feel bad for the devs, but I feel bad for the entire community. It will be a long time before C&C has another chance to return to some of its former glory.

Raj Joshi was a little embarrassed (cause his game didn't get at least 3/10 metacritic user score...)

Stop making **** up please. Especially when you mention EALA developers (current or former).

This was another hyped up let down just like C&C4 itself. It's kind of symbolic really. Not only do I feel bad for the devs, but I feel bad for the entire community. It will be a long time before C&C has another chance to return to some of its former glory.

Total opposite actually. The final BCPT was never hyped up, but yeah they had bigger plans and APOC apologised above and gave reasons for the not so full final show.

Total opposite actually. The final BCPT was never hyped up, but yeah they had bigger plans and APOC apologised above and gave reasons for the not so full final show.

My point is that we were promised more than what we got. This sort of thing happens all the time, be it something little like BCPT, or something big like C&C4. EA seems to always find a way to **** over both customers and developers...

Command and Conquer 4, as much as I love C&C games, is not that good to me. Well it has some new interesting features. It's not the best but it is OK. Interesting stuff can be seen on campaign missions ----->

Look at this -

The Final BattleCast Primetime

Posted by EA_Apoc on 15 Apr 2010

After more than 2 years running and over 25 episodes, the quintessential Command & Conquer "Sportscenter" that featured star-studded fan multiplayer matches, original features, dev team insider looks, community spotlights, Dave-Raj-APOC-Feasel-Bender-Black-Kasavin-KANE to name a few, the flagship one-of-a-kind video game show, BattleCast Primetime, is riding off in to the sunset, but not without one last GG.

While we had originally hoped to have a final full-fledged episode, we decided to end the show with what it did best, showcasing amazing Command & Conquer multiplayer matches in our ever-popular segment "The 10". And this time, we've fueled "The Final 10" with some classic Generals and Zero Hour matches as well. So, Command & Conquer fans, get your popcorn ready one last time for another GG-BOOMBOOM-crazy-RAJ edition of "The Final 10". And please take a moment to read a few final thoughts below from some of the folks responsible for bringing you BattleCast Primetime.