Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Forum Layout Updated

Based on the discussions and idea suggested in this thread http://forums.cncnz.com/index.php?showtopic=13631, the forum layout has been updated. Here's a quick run down of the changes.

• The News and Open Forums have been merged into one category.

• Hardware Discussion & Tech Support, Introduce Yourself, Artwork & Graphics are now sub forums of the Off-Topic Discussion forum.

• All of the C&C games are now inside the new Command & Conquer Universe of Games category. Each forum is order of the game's release date.

• All modding related forums for C&C games is now in the Command & Conquer Modding Community category. Each forum is order of the game's release date.

• The Classic C&C Related Maps & Modding forum now covers Renegade, Red Alert and C&C modding.
At this stage no forums have been deleted. I hope you find this new layout more to your liking. If you have any other ideas or suggestion I'd open to listen to them.

Lol, now I keep scrolling down to the bottom of the forums to get to the Open Forums out of habit.

Yeah one of the draw backs to changing things around.

For those who don't know. If you feel the index page is to long to scroll you can "hide" categories you don't look at by clicking on the little exp_minus.gif buttons, expand it again by clicking the exp_plus.gif.

Another change related to the forums is on the main site. On the main navigation menu at the top of the page, the "FORUMS" menu now expands to show login/register links and links to jump to the main categories.

I agree. That's the problem with sub forums, they are hardly noticeable on the main index. So you will probably see the Hardware Discussion & Tech Support forum move back sooner rather that later.

A minor comment that I think news and open should be separate too...

Then why didn't you say that in the other thread that proposed the changes?

It's different to see an all text proposal compared to the actual changes.

I saw that Off-Topic was going to be categorized with News on your preview, and at the time I thought it looked good. Now that I can see it, I have to agree with gben, it doesn't look right putting the two together in the same box.

I think News is the most important forum, and Off-Topic is the most popular, but least important. The two just don't belong together.

Anyway, I’m not that picky about it, I can live with any arrangement we have, its just my opinion.

Made some more changes. Split the News and Open Forums. Renamed Open Forums to General Discussion Forums.

I think* it looks good now... :thumbsup:

(*Reserving right to change my mind at any later date)

At least this is what I was hoping for. A right change.