Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Metallica Returns to New Zealand....Photos Posted!

After almost 6 years the worlds most powerful rock band is finally making its way to New Zealand shores. Metallica will be performing 1 show at Auckland's Vector Arena on October 13th as part of their very long World Magnetic Tour that began back in September 2008. I'm so pumped for this because despite being a Metallica fan for many years now I've yet to see them live. This will probably my last chance to see them.

FINALLY . . . Australia and New Zealand!!

4/28/2010

We'll be there . . . this Fall!

We know, we know . . . it has been WAY too long since we visited this part of the world, but we're here to tell you that it is game on!!!! We can't wait to head over to New Zealand and many parts of Australia bringing the World Magnetic Tour to places it has not rocked yet. Starting October 13, 2010 in Auckland, NZ, we'll also be in Brisbane, Perth, Sydney, Adelaide, and Melbourne . . . dates and venues are below.

Tickets go on sale Thursday, May 13 at 9:00 AM in the local time zone. As usual, Met Club members should check www.metclub.com for all the pre-sale details.

We look forward to seeing all our friends there who have patiently (or maybe not so patiently!) waited over six years!!!

• October 13 Auckland, New Zealand Vector Arena On Sale May 13
  • October 18 Brisbane, Australia Entertainment Centre On Sale May 13
  • October 22 Perth, Australia Burswood Dome On Sale May 13
  • November 10 Sydney, Australia Acer Arena On Sale May 13
  • November 15 Adelaide, Australia Entertainment Centre On Sale May 13
  • November 18 Melbourne, Australia Rod Laver Arena On Sale May 13

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=603144

Time to round up some mates (plus I think my sister wants to go) and arrange the tickets, they will sell out fast!

Fans here in NZ are already guessing that a second NZ show maybe added, look at the dates between the first show in Auckand and the next show in Brisbane.

Why does everything have to be in Jaffaville? :(

I'm guessing tickets won't be cheap either.

Is Metallica not worth a trip to Auckland Luk3us? At least I don't have that far to travel.

I'm guessing tickets won't be cheap either.

Yeah no pricing details yet. Cheapest could be around $150 range. But that's just guessing.

Damn. Would be nice to have them roll through again. I wanted Iron Maiden to come through Kansas City, but no such luck...

Yeah no pricing details yet. Cheapest could be around $150 range. But that's just guessing.

I think $150 may be for the FanPit zone. Dunno exatcly...

It's 500 kn's in Croatia... (wich is about $150 converted)

Edited by CraftYuriManiac

Just got the email and I came here to post it. I should have known you'd already be all over it, Sonic. :P Too bad it's not one of the 'big four' shows they're doing, but I'm sure it will still be awesome. Wish I could go with you. XD

If all goes to plan I should be able to secure my tickets on the 11th of May rather than the 13th. All I need now is some prices.

Thanks for the link. I already the ticket price info though ;)

I just secured my tickets for the show :) Took advantage of a early media pre-sale deal. Roll on October 13th!! :headrock:

Tickets are selling fast through pre-sales, they have added second shows in both NZ and Aussie...

October 13 Auckland, New Zealand Vector Arena On Sale May 13

October 14 Auckland, New Zealand Vector Arena On Sale May 13

October 18 Brisbane, Australia Entertainment Centre On Sale May 13

October 19 Brisbane, Australia Entertainment Centre On Sale May 13

October 22 Perth, Australia Burswood Dome On Sale May 13

November 10 Sydney, Australia Acer Arena On Sale May 13

November 11 Sydney, Australia Acer Arena On Sale May 13

November 15 Adelaide, Australia Entertainment Centre On Sale May 13

November 18 Melbourne, Australia Rod Laver Arena On Sale May 13

November 20 Melbourne, Australia Rod Laver Arena On Sale May 13

Bumping this thread, why start another one. Anyway I now have my Metallica tickets in hand. Key info blacked out though.

tickets.jpg

So exited for the 13th of October. Only 4 weeks away!!

:huh: You've been waiting all that long, when you started this thread I thought It's on May, June or something but I didn't notice that line!

Metallica will be performing 1 show at Auckland's Vector Arena on October 13th as part of their very long World Magnetic Tour that began back in September 2008.

Anyway enjoy the show Sonic ;)

Home from the Metallica concert now, well got back around 2.30AM this morning but I hit the sack to get some much needed sleep. Took around 70 photos, some good, some crappy ones. My camera only has 3x optical zoom. Best of them are below.

Totally mind blowing show. Metallica know how to put on great show, their performance is so powerful. I've heard Sandman so many times over the years, but man it was so awesome live and with everyone singing it. I stood for the entire show, singing along for every song except Breadfan... I forgot most of the words to that one blush.gif Surprised they played No Leaf Clover, it doesn't get performed live to often from what I was told.

James' voice was bang on as well thumbsup.gif

Metallica - Vector Arena Auckland - 13th October 2010

Set list:

• The Ecstasy of Gold
  • That Was Just Your Life
  • The End of the Line
  • For Whom The Bell Tolls
  • Creeping Death
  • One
  • Broken, Beat and Scarred
  • Wherever I May Roam
  • Sad But True
  • Rob Bass Solo
  • No Leaf Clover
  • And Justice For All
  • Kirk Solo 1
  • The Day That Never Comes
  • Master of Puppets
  • Blackened
  • Kirk Solo 2
  • Nothing Else Matters
  • Enter Sandman
  • Breadfan
  • Motorbreath
  • Seek and Destroy

Photos:

Just before Metallica hit the stage.....

dsc000632000x1124.jpg

Laser light show begins....

dsc000652000x1124.jpg

Metallica starting rocking....

dsc001102000x1124.jpg

Kirk's solo

dsc001112000x1124.jpg

For Seek and Destroy at the end of the show the house lights stay on and these black blow up balls drop from the arena roof.....

dsc001182000x1124.jpg

Full Gallery 40 Photos http://img176.imageshack.us/g/dsc000522000x1124.jpg/

View as Slideshow http://img176.imageshack.us/slideshow/webp...522000x1124.jpg

Damn good photos, really cool. I'm sure that now you'd be ready to die if you had to face the Angel, eh? :P

I really like how the stadium looks and how the stage in the middle looks as if it's being selected by all those things that are hanging from the top.

Hard to believe is been nearly 4 months since that awesome night.

The stage set up was great. Not a bad seat in the house with a stage like that. That stage was used all around the world for the World Magnetic Tour. But there were a few shows along the way where the stage would not fit in the arena. Such as the Christchurch shows in September.

I just hope its a not a 6 year wait for Metallica to come back to New Zealand.