Sonic

Renegade X: Operation Black Dawn

After the teaser that kept everyone guessing, the Renegade X team have announced their latest project called Renegade X: Operation Black Dawn. They have been busy working on porting Renegade X over to the Unreal Development Kit (UDK), which would will make Renegade X into a free, standalone game.

renx_blackdawn.png

But to get you ready for that, you will get to try out Renegade X: Operation Black Dawn. It is a standalone singleplayer demo, featuring the UDK. Captain Nick "Havoc" Parker is back, and in a new original level designed from scratch. The Brotherhood of Nod has captured the renowned GDI scientist Dr. Ignatio Mobius, and have taken him to an island stronghold. GDI's only hope in getting back Mobius is through the use of force!

• Capture the enemy beachhead under the covering fire of Gunboats!
  • Fight in large scale and covert battles!
  • Witness cinematics, A-10 strikes, cruise missiles, Ion Cannons, hovercrafts, and much more!
  • See the new, improved, and standalone Renegade X visual and audio experience!
It will act as a preliminary demonstration and a first-hand experience of the new face of Renegade X on the UDK, and what it has to offer. Most of what is being made for Black Dawn will be incorporated in the later multiplayer release of Renegade X - this will act as a step-up towards that final goal. Check out the brand new Renegade X: Operation Black Dawn trailer below.

For more information, including some great screen shots, take a look at this thread on the Renegade X forums.

Words.. Can't... Express. ZOMG! *explodes in a fit of joy*

Guest Stevie_K

Awesome! loved that grin he made ^_^

Even though theres a good chance i wont be able to run Renegade X, i will certainly try. This looks absolutely bad ass. I cant wait.

So Renegade-X will no longer require Unreal Tournament 3, right?

If that is so, maybe it's time for a Renegade 2 already. :rolleyes:

They have been busy working on porting Renegade X over to the Unreal Development Kit (UDK), which would will make Renegade X into a free, standalone game.

OMG finally some good CnC news! :dance:

Edited by Johnnyxp64

So Renegade-X will no longer require Unreal Tournament 3, right?

If that is so, maybe it's time for a Renegade 2 already. :rolleyes:

Not precise, although I want the game or mod to be standalone as well. But too bad, the respective games are from different companies and laws must follow, therefore most likely a standalone is not possible, not even in the future which I'm afraid of.

Anyway, I hope if that's one of the singleplayer missions, then I'll be happy to watch this show. :)

Edited by Silverthorn

Not precise, although I want the game or mod to be standalone as well. But too bad, the respective games are from different companies and laws must follow, therefore most likely a standalone is not possible, not even in the future which I'm afraid of.

Anyway, I hope if that's one of the singleplayer missions, then I'll be happy to watch this show. :)

I'm not sure if you've read this update or the last couple, but Renegade X in its entirety will in fact be standalone and no longer require Unreal Tournament 3, starting from Black Dawn to any future releases.

Even though theres a good chance i wont be able to run Renegade X, i will certainly try. This looks absolutely bad ass. I cant wait.

Same here.

It looks awesome! Nice use of A7X music ^_^

I'm not sure if you've read this update or the last couple, but Renegade X in its entirety will in fact be standalone and no longer require Unreal Tournament 3, starting from Black Dawn to any future releases.

Err, nope, I have no idea about it since I rarely surf for mods like I used to. If it's a standalone, I'll be really happy about it. After all, many of us prefer to play Ren-X without Unreal 3, last time we used to buy Unreal 3 just for playing Ren-X only.