Sign in to follow this  
Gben

Forum layout Suggestion

Since I only hang out in the forums now, and only visit the main page by mistake, I'm often struck that there are no obvious links to some of the other sections to the website from the forums.... like a link to the 'features' section for instance.

Maybe you could reconsider that next time you work on layouts etc.

I have the forums bookmarked, so I never accidentally go to the main page.

The only reason I ever do is actually to link to those extra sections inaccessible from the forums.

Same as Nmenth here. The main site is nice but I get everything I need here.

same as nmenth & BioBen .. :P

I visit the main page when I post news to see my name sparkle. :P

Aside from that, I'm a forum kinda guy. :)

Since I only hang out in the forums now, and only visit the main page by mistake, I'm often struck that there are no obvious links to some of the other sections to the website from the forums.... like a link to the 'features' section for instance.

Maybe you could reconsider that next time you work on layouts etc.

I thought about it awhile back but I'm reluctant to add more links. The more links and stuff you begin added the more cluttered and messy it becomes. I like the less is more approach. I can understand your reasoning in terms of speeding up and making navigating the site/forums easier. But how hard is it to go to www.cncnz.com then click on one of the big menu links right at the top of page.

I have the forums bookmarked, so I never accidentally go to the main page.

The only reason I ever do is actually to link to those extra sections inaccessible from the forums.

I find it some what concerning that none of you guys have the desire to hit up the main site.

Guest Stevie_K

I do!, mainly because I'm too lazy to press ctrl + D though.

I actually like starting up at the front page to see what new banners and stuff you've spend your time making, and then move on to the forums.

It seems to me that you update the front page look more often than the forums. Maybe it should be the opposite?

I find it some what concerning that none of you guys have the desire to hit up the main site.

I thought you might, but nearly everything I need appears in the forums. All the news in the News Forum, any new polls or Round Tables get posted with their respective links, even updates to the main page are announced here. The main site may look nice and professional, but appearances are not what I come looking for.

I thought you might, but nearly everything I need appears in the forums. All the news in the News Forum, any new polls or Round Tables get posted with their respective links, even updates to the main page are announced here. The main site may look nice and professional, but appearances are not what I come looking for.

Yeah, pretty much everything Nmenth said :P

It seems to me that you update the front page look more often than the forums. Maybe it should be the opposite?

Yeah I guess it does appear to be that way. I'm always tinkering with the main site. But I can assure you the forums are not ignored. Changes and updates are made, albeit small and minor, but there is always work done behind the scenes to ensure the forums remain clean and spam free.

I thought about it awhile back but I'm reluctant to add more links. The more links and stuff you begin added the more cluttered and messy it becomes. I like the less is more approach. I can understand your reasoning in terms of speeding up and making navigating the site/forums easier. But how hard is it to go to www.cncnz.com then click on one of the big menu links right at the top of page.

I'm just asking in particular for you to consider adding a text link next to these links already...

CNCNZ.com | Gallery | Downloads

I think it's kinda natural for the veteran posters here to just go on the forums - we're here for discussion (well, I'm not able to be active, but when I get a chance, I come to the forums) as well as news, and the forums give both, as well as quicker access to a greater portion of the news (text is smaller than pictures and nicely formatted articles :P)

Personally, I check the main site sometimes because it looks awesome, but when I just want to get news I'd rather go to the forums because I not only get news easier & quicker, but I get opinions of people as well.

While many of the posters may not check the main page as much, I'd risk a guess that most of the people that visit the domain visit the main page instead of the forums, since they're looking for the latest news, not as much discussion.

I think it's kinda natural for the veteran posters here to just go on the forums - we're here for discussion (well, I'm not able to be active, but when I get a chance, I come to the forums) as well as news, and the forums give both, as well as quicker access to a greater portion of the news (text is smaller than pictures and nicely formatted articles :P)

Personally, I check the main site sometimes because it looks awesome, but when I just want to get news I'd rather go to the forums because I not only get news easier & quicker, but I get opinions of people as well.

While many of the posters may not check the main page as much, I'd risk a guess that most of the people that visit the domain visit the main page instead of the forums, since they're looking for the latest news, not as much discussion.

Yeah F15 summed things up quite nicely here.