Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

New CNCNZ.com|C&C365 Poll: What's Next for Command & Conquer?

Its the start of a new month, we are halfway through 2010 already. So that means its time for a new poll. And for this one we are asking you to look into your crystal ball and tell us What's Next for Command & Conquer? Will it be a new Tiberium or Red Alert game, perhaps the long awaited sequel to Generals, a new C&C game set a new universe or maybe a reboot of the franchise is needed.

If your reading this update on the main page just look to your right and vote in the poll box, if your reading this via the forums click here to cast your vote. And, as always, don't forget to share any feedback or comments about this poll as well.

50.png

Here are the results of our previous poll, What is your preferred class to play as in C&C 4? 35% of you who voted like to go in all guns blazing as the GDI Offense Class. The full results of this poll can be found right here.

Guest Stevie_K

I'm definitely thinking "A new universe based C&C". And I hope they do. It's about time they make something original that actually works instead of humiliatingly attempt to recreate.

I voted for the Generals Sequel as I've always liked Generals and Zero Hour in particular. I loved Red Alert 2 the most out of all C&C games, but Red Alert 3 really let me down compared to its predecessor, so I'm not really waiting for part 4 of that series. The Tiberium universe got its new game, Tiberian Twilight, not so long ago, so I wouldn't want a rushed sequel on that series.

About the "A new universe based C&C", I kinda feel like they tried that with C&C 4 already, but then inside the Tiberium Universe. Unless you mean with basebuilding and all. Also, 3 universes is good enough for me. I'd rather have them make those better.

Edited by Tesla Trooper

Voted for Generals, seems something like EA would do.

But I kind of hope they'll reboot Tiberium.

They need to reboot the franchise. I dont trust them with a Generals sequel.

I don't think there will be a C&C game for at least 2 years, but if there is one, I think it will be an Iphone game (like that RA3 iphone game). As for IP, I don't know. It's a toss up.

Reboot for tiberium and red alert universes. need to get rid of the stains that are red alert 3 and C&C4

generals sequel would be awesome

C&C Generals 2 or _real_ Command & Conquer 4. The one that EA made was a very bad joke...

Otherwise no more bad C&C games please.

Edited by Jarzka

New Universe based C&C please! (with better story plot and proper gameplay and using new engine)

Edited by Malevolence

Might as well throw a dice tbh

No. No reboot please. We have suffered enough.

I vote for a new franchise. At least then I can ignore the next game if it turns out to be crap.

Tbh I'm bored of ye ol' C&C formula, It's fun an hour or so, but then I'm over it for a week. Even C&C4 doesn't seem that fresh. A reboot with a shiny new engine would hit the spot.

C&C gens or a reboot of the tiberium universe. Perhaps an MMO or a reboot of the renegade. I think the renegade option should be their in the poll.

I'm waiting for the next Red Alert..

Or what about a new Dune game?

Dune II/2000 was awesome, but Emperor Battle for Dune was one of the worst RTS's. I think Dune should rest in peace as the chances are really high that is would get another bad game :(.

Edited by Tesla Trooper

Dune is not C&C and has no connection to C&C. Besides EA doesn't have the licensing rights to Dune, no clue who does actually.

It'll probably be a new generals game. C&C Generals, but with only half naked women generals in it. :thumbsup:

BOB! was wrong last time, so I wouldn't buy stock in his intuition. :P

I say a 3 year wait. :)

Then we'll get a starcraft clone, but with a <<Enter C&C theme>> theme. :)

BOB!'s intuition says franchise reboot with a new universe.

That wouldn't be a reboot thought. That's just a new story/new universe thing.

A reboot would be to take GDI/Nod/Kane/Tiberium and tell the story differently. Kind of like what happen with the two most recent Hulk movies. Hulk (2003) and The Incredible Hulk (2008).

But the more I think about EALA doing something like that, it doesn't feel right. So a new IP set in the C&C universe would be the best way to go. But the next C&C game has retain the classic gameplay (not the C&C 4 crawler system) and offer something new and innovative. Easier said then done though.

BOB! was wrong last time, so I wouldn't buy stock in his intuition. :P

Shhhh, I left that out on purpose. :P

That wouldn't be a reboot thought. That's just a new story/new universe thing.

A reboot would be to take GDI/Nod/Kane/Tiberium and tell the story differently. Kind of like what happen with the two most recent Hulk movies. Hulk (2003) and The Incredible Hulk (2008).

But the more I think about EALA doing something like that, it doesn't feel right. So a new IP set in the C&C universe would be the best way to go. But the next C&C game has retain the classic gameplay (not the C&C 4 crawler system) and offer something new and innovative. Easier said then done though.

Well, yes and no. I don't think they're going to do another "traditional" C&C, so I meant "reboot" in the sense that they're going to remake what C&C is with something completely different, which is a different meaning to "reboot." But yeah I didn't mean the other usage of 'redoing the old stuff.'