nathancnc

Red Alert Buglist

[*]The Missile Silo Icon has a wrong name: On the Icon for the Missile Silo stands: Missle Silo

Could this be of any use?

missile_silo.zip

Could this be of any use?

I can answer you that question if you tell me how you edited this Icon and what programs you have used :-)

I can answer you that question if you tell me how you edited this Icon and what programs you have used :-)

I extracted the original icon from REDALERT.MIX\HIRES.MIX, and then edited it with OS SHP Builder v3.36, found here on YR Argentina.

Preview made in MS Paint. Zipped with WinRAR.

Though I don't know why do you ask...

Because OS SHP Builder can't correctly save C&C1 type SHP files... the file is corrupted. The only useful thing in that zipfile is the preview.

Because OS SHP Builder can't correctly save C&C1 type SHP files... the file is corrupted. The only useful thing in that zipfile is the preview.

OH NOES! Now I see that too... Will converting the preview in XCC Mixer do any good?

not unless you convert the image to the RA ingame palette first. At the moment it's hi-colour.

i fixed it in one minute...

XCC

GIMP

MM351 for DOS

msloicon000.png

How could you edit the text without moving the entire image part?

How could you edit the text without moving the entire image part?

I've moved that, but it is imperseptive wihout an good zoom.

[edit]

Ah, i'm seing it now... Is isn't hard, is just image-editing skills, i've moved only the Text part, making the restant of the image untouched, and then, i've drew an 'I' on it...

Edited by pichorra

It didn't look to me like you did... My work is clumsier in whole :P

Pichorra your Icon you have made is ****!

The Background behind the letters is not at the right spot as you said, then you took the wrong black and you forgot a shadow on the last letter!

If you had tested your icon, you would have noticed that it is shown smudged ingame.

I made a Icon with the right colours where i moved the "MISS"-part by selecting it via a rectangle and moved it two pixels to the left.

I don´t know a program where you have an option where you can exactly select only the pixels you want to move.

Do you know a program with a function like that? Pichorra you said you had only moved the text part, but you moved the whole thing with the background behind it because the letters have still the same original background, although you moved them one pixel.

So do you have a function for selecting every single pixel, so we can select only the letters without the background??

Here is my Icon:

msloicon.rar

Edited by Bullet

I don´t know a program where you have an option where you can exactly select only the pixels you want to move.

Do you know a program with a function like that?

GIMP can. However, cameos are so simplistic, it seems overkill to need such a function. When I edit cameos, I just manually fix them one pixel at a time, it isn't very hard or time consuming.

GIMP can. However, cameos are so simplistic, it seems overkill to need such a function. When I edit cameos, I just manually fix them one pixel at a time, it isn't very hard or time consuming.

Which function in Gimp would you prefer to move only the letters: "MISS" without their background two Pixels to the left?

And how would you proceed?

Edited by Bullet

The normal standard paint brush, to manually paint over the text pixels, and then write the text back on on the correct spot :P

Which function in Gimp would you prefer to move only the letters: "MISS" without their background two Pixels to the left?

And how would you proceed?

Realistically, I would do as Nyerguds suggests, but if I really wanted to put more effort than necessary into the job, you use the selection tool, then switch to "Add to the current selection" mode, or alternatively, use the "Subtract from the current selection".

tmp-68.png

Then draw the select box around every pixel you wish to move.

tmp-69.png

As you can see, only the pixels in the letters MISS are selected.

Hey Nmenth you said use the selection tool, but there are many selection tools, so which selection tool should i take to easily and exactly select the letters without their background?

Edited by Bullet

It says Free Select in the picture, but Rectangle works too with "Subtract from the current selection".

While playing N3tRunn3r's RA+, I found this graphical error: when you order a Tesla Tank to fire somewhere, the Tesla Bolt doesn't come from its portable Coil, but from its treads!

I can't give you a video of the error, as I don't know any freeware screen recorder that can record footage from games like RA1

Also, when forcefully ordering the Ore Truck to unload ore at the Refinery, it will sometimes get near the Refinery, and unload it EVEN if it is not inside the structure (once I saw the SHP of the Truck OVER the SHP of the Refinery!)

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

I have no Idea why the icons i made was whith wrong colors... This already happened to me while i Translated C&C95 for portuguese.

not really a bug, but here's an expanded icon file with 128x128 64x64 and 48x48 icons based off the soviet radar logo. If anyone could somehow cross reference the soviet wallpaper from the CS funpack with the soviet briefing background (only two high res soviet logos i can think of), maybe we could get a 256x256 icon too.

Red_Alert.ico

(replaced with updated version containing a 32-bit 16x16 icon in addition, see posts below)

Edited by Sonarpulse

lol, seeing as Hyper is a graphics designer in real life, who recreates C&C logos in scalable vector format as a hobby, I highly doubt that that will be necessary.

Woops, well I guess I’ll wait and see what hyper comes up with. The RA logo doesn’t look like something easy to vectorize so this should be interesting.

Great icon, works perfectly on XP.

Thanks. only issue i noticed was that windows [at least vista] apparently priorities bit-rate over resolution, so it for example shrinks the 48x48 32-bit icon rather than use the original 32x32 8-bit one when it needs a 32x32. Apparently because the editor i used made everything 32 bit before and windows loaded the correct sub-icon.