nathancnc

Red Alert Buglist

The 16x16 version is still 16 colour though... not too great.

Yeah I just focused on creating new higher res (and incidentally higher bit-rate to take full advantage of the resizing algorithms) Icons. The original 4-bit and 8-bit 32x32, and 4-bit 16x16 are still used. Here's another version with a second 32-bit 16x16 made again from the soviet radar icon (but extra cropped to emphasize the arm and sickle). However it still looks pretty illegible. Creating a 16x16 icon that takes advantage of things like 32-bit color and anti-aliasing, while still making something recognizable is a much harder task than I doubt I'm up to.

Red_Alert.ico

Edited by Sonarpulse

I take a note about a bug that really annoys me. When you set a team (CTRL-1..)that's a Bigger-than-a-half of the team you currently selected, when i try to directly unselect the currently team you are using pressing 1 , It simple do not responds. As example. I got 6 Minniguners, 2 Engineers and 2 Medics, then i Set the 6 Minniguners at the CTRL 1 , Enginers at CTRL2, and Medics at CTRL3, select then all, then press 1 for select only the minnigunners, but if i press 2 and 3 it responds.

And when i unselect all with right click of my mouse then Press 1, it select all the Minnigunners.

I may have encountered another bug. When playing sometimes the courser disappears. It is no longer visible :-(....

Got the original versoin of TFD official patched with the original 1.02 patch first. Then patched with with the 1.03(with the newest version available) and i use the Window-mode supplied by nyerguds.

You may wanna add this to your bug-list :-(...

P.S.: Just ask if you need more info.

Edited by Zuender

yeah, disappearing cursor is a known and documented cnc-ddraw issue.

a thanks^^ it works without ddraw but the colors are not displayed correctly^^ this is why i downloaded it in the first place :-(

You can add to your list, it's not really a bug, more a mistake.

In the french version, the allied heavy tank is called "Tank Moyen" (medium tank) yet, the picture in the side bar says "Tank Lourd" (heavy tank).

a thanks^^ it works without ddraw but the colors are not displayed correctly^^ this is why i downloaded it in the first place :-(

You can try this patch from hifi, supposed to fix the missing cursor issue. It works for me so far, i also had the missing cursor bug.

It appears as though in RA the French still fire 10% slower and that England has 10% less armor.

What's wrong with that? I think that the only differences between the skirmish countries are stats like those you mentioned.

The problem is that countries are supposed to have a bonus in a specific field, but due to the people making these multiplayer stats misinterpreting the rules systems, they accidentally gave those 2 NEGATIVE bonuses.

This means there's obviously no reason whatsoever to use these 2 countries now.

Random freeze/lockup/crash issue

display freezes during gameplay and the music keeps playing for some seconds, then stops.

Unfortunately, there is no error info, it just freezes. Ctrl+Alt+Del -> End Task -> back to Windows.

Specs

Windows XP SP3

Red Alert 95 v3.03 (TFD Edition)

Random freeze/lockup/crash issue

display freezes during gameplay and the music keeps playing for some seconds, then stops.

Unfortunately, there is no error info, it just freezes. Ctrl+Alt+Del -> End Task -> back to Windows.

Specs

Windows XP SP3

Red Alert 95 v3.03 (TFD Edition)

Try CNC-DDraw, OR set the compatibility mode in RA95.EXE to WIndows 98.

for god's sake! Do not use blue fonts on a blue background forum!

Error reports like that really don't help much. You should at least say what you were doing or what was happening in the game that might have been related to the freeze.

Well, this ain't easy. Sometimes it happens after 20 minutes, sometimes after 1h 10min. How to determine this s-h-i-t if no error message appears! :mad::)

Man.., I play and then suddenly -> freeze -> rien ne va plus. All I know is that if I save more often, then there will be no freeze.

If you mean this CNC-DDraw, I have tested this once before, it runs unsmooth meaning gameplay slows down, kinda like if you play in multiplayer (LAN) with large amount of units.

for god's sake! give the Edit a button!

Let's see, what do we have here...:

RA95%20application%20error.jpg

Application Error: RA95TLF.dat

RA95%20application%20error%202.jpg

Application Error: ra95.dat

Both errors happened when I was trying to build the radar.

I didn't mean you were doing anything wrong.... just that some bugs can't really be solved from reports since there's no leads to them until you're knee deep in CPU bytecode and accidentally stumble on the actual bug :-\

The radar one seems interesting though. Hyper, are there any known radar-related crashes in RA?

You can add to your list, it's not really a bug, more a mistake.

In the french version, the allied heavy tank is called "Tank Moyen" (medium tank) yet, the picture in the side bar says "Tank Lourd" (heavy tank).

Hmm, not sure what Hyper's plans on language support in the game are though.

(Hyper: pretty sure I got all French and German files though, if you want to add a language system into it. And you can always ask for the language system code I put in C&C95.)

deepblue22: Is this the english or the german 3.03?

In a few days could release something that might make hunting down the problem easier.

Nyerguds: YES as i already told you there is another bug related to the Radar which is the following:

If you have a Radar Dome and then you go low on Power then sometimes this very annoying and Game crashing Bug occurs:

RA Power Bug Screenshot1.bmp

post-7262-0-65771400-1322231757_thumb.png

Game Version: RA 3.03 ECSAM english The First Decade Edition with inofficial 1.03 TFD Patch

AlexB: What the **** are you talking about? :-D

Edited by Bullet

I wrote a small dll back in February. It works like Ares for YR, injecting code into the game to add featues. One of the features was to generate a dump of the stack, that is, making it is possible to see what path through the game functions lead to the crash. Your crash seems to be related to decoding a SHP file.

hmm, the addresses of both instructions are very close.

005b4ed1
03c4a000

005b4ed1
03dc2000

005b4cf1
0d062000

If it is the english 3.03, 005b4cf1 is inside SHP decoding, but 005b4ed1 is in the middle of an instruction (which is why I asked for the edition).

seeing that he said ra95.dat and ra95TLF.dat, and they had the same instruction, I'd guess 3.03. Maybe he applied a patch which would move everything around. Might this have anything to do with the elusive radar bug in cnc95?

AlexB: Yes it is the english 3.03 Version :)

Do you know how to fix the decoding of the shp file?

Would you just have to change a certain shp file or rather edit the exe (ra95.dat) ?