nathancnc

TFD 1.04 Dev Update (12/05/2012)

I know I haven't posted in a while, but I've been (and still am) very busy with school.....I don't even get my summers off.

So down to it then. I recently have lost a bunch of stuff of my hard drive, from my old computer. Among some school work and labs, I no longer have the source files, and the (in progress) new patch installer from my TFD 1.04 patch.

As I do not have much time to do so, I will be pausing all work on the patch for the time being. If anyone would like to pickup the project, just send me and email/message and I will be willing to help in any way I can.

Update: So I was deploying some servers for my networking course and during the windows update for server 2008 (It had 106 updates and took 2 hours) I logged on to Kane's Wrath online. Why you ask? Because that's what I had installed on my netbook. Previous to this I had never played Kane's Wrath online.

I joined up in a game, and instantly people were asking if I was the "1.03 patch guy". I replied "TFD 1.03?" They replied "yeah!". I said that I'm the guy, and they seemed pretty excited to chat with me. They asked if I was continuing the project etc, etc. I told them what I have above in quotes there.

Anyway with all that said, yes TFD 1.04 will be getting into action. When? Probably 2014 if all goes well with school. And yes, the fact that a number of people actually recognized my screen name is pretty awesome and that (the happy people part) is why I want to continue this project.

Reckneya (Renz0r Forums) just told me that there's an awful error in the theme Voice Rhythm II in the original Counterstrike expansion (the error is around 3:47 in the track. Sounds pretty awful for a few seconds).

However, he also told me that Frank Klepacki recently uploaded a CORRECT version of the track on his site. I extracted it from the Flash player at frankklepacki.com. So, it would be a nice extra to add that to the next patch.

Since this is just an update of my own main.mix patch, this shouldn't be too hard, either :)

nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/audio/Frank Klepacki - Voice Rhythm 2 - error.mp3

nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/audio/Frank Klepacki - Voice Rhythm 2 - fixed.mp3

[edit]

The aud file of the fixed version:

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstuff/vr2.aud

I thought there wasn't one of these tracks when I was playing RA Aftermath and Counterstrike until last year I knew the other title this song was named.

The track names of these tracks are messed up in RA; they just show the filename. Which is another thing we can fix...

Err, my computer is dead, and i might not be getting replacement for sometime, everything on hold again! lol

I miss the old dedicated site, any news on this?

where is Hyper's stuff/updates located?

any word on dune 2000 patches?

Command & Patch has a dedicated site. Go to http://cnp.cncnz.com.... Although there isn't much in terms of news on their yet. Any news about anything to do with Command & Patch will be posted here in the forums so this is best place to be.

I wonder when Nathan is going to get serious about this again...

hi guys

because i admire the effort you are puting in keeping alive the CnC classic games, i have opened a new section in the Community Bug Database where you can now post and Generals Zero Hour bugs that this team hopefully will address!

if the moderator wants more control over the database please pm me and i can make you an account to see the expoloits that normally are not viable to public!

this online database can help you collect all the existed bug and allow people to post new to help you out in your work!

lots of advenced filters apply and as you probably known it was used a lot in the past by the EALA dev team to make their patches!

so go to the http://cnc.com.gr/ and post bugs that exist in the Generals Zero Hour 1.04version that this C&C patch team can fix!

than you and dotn give up this project!

maybe sonic is a good idea to make some sort of news update on this to let people know that Generals Bug are now also accepted and give this dev patch team a motivation to go back to "work" ;-)

Edited by Johnnyxp64

so go to the http://cnc.com.gr/ and post bugs that exist in the Generals Zero Hour 1.02version that this C&C patch team can fix!

Why don't you make room for other C&C game bugs (TD, RA1, TS, FS, RA2, YR, REN)...

BTW, the last version of Zero Hour is NOT 1.02, but 1.04.

Yeah... that site seems kinda lacking to appeal to us TFD-oriented people.

By the way, with 1.06c revision 2 coming in (hopefully) fast, I'm considering taking over this project. The 1.06c installer itself already contains complete cleanup code for TFD C&C95, and I remember Nathan telling me a while ago he lost the setup source for the TFD 1.03 patch anyway, so it won't matter much if I'm the one to remake it or Nathan.

Yes, please do Nyer. This patch helps a bunch with TFD.

the older games are not available because this database was made for EALA use and let be realistic they had no intension to make patches for the older classic games! :(

so anyway for me its only a matter of few seconds as long as i will know that it will be used in a proper way and it will not be there....well just to be their empty or full with bugs that will never gona get fixed!

i am opening this older section then but i would like from Nyerguds a complete list of the games that he thinks its good to be included in the at the dabase and that really have a hope of geting new fixes!!!!

so i am waiting! ;-)

Well... C&C95 is definitely getting updated, just check out my forum. The link in my sig goes straight to the development thread, which starts with a list of recent fixes and additions. An actual centralized bug listing could serve me well in looking for things that are left to fix.

CCHyper is still researching RA1, and there's quite a bug list on the forum there too. He's also collecting crash information of TS, and working hard to make a full patch for it. And the Ares project is already pretty busy fixing and expanding internal issues in RA2:YR.

Not sure if anyone really cares about vanilla RA2 though. And while CCHyper is also looking into Sole Survivor, the issue of there not being a working server for the online-only game kinda makes it useless to collect bugs on it :P

ok i will open everything besides sole survivor then if i understood corectly.

i will let you know when this is ready very soon!

thank you

Not sure if anyone really cares about vanilla RA2 though.

LOL

XWIS' Ladder Tournaments are, unfortunately, open only for vanilla RA2

Really? Well, I don't know, I don't really play these games online :P

I gues it might be better to add RA2 then too, lol.

Plus, it would be fair to all those people who want to play the vanilla campaigns again on Hard, hoping they'll get lucky ;)

Eh? Even if a bug DB is set up for vanilla RA2... the fact remains that at this point, no one seems interested in patching it.

Well, I might help out in small SHP and some INI coding... but I can't hack the EXEs :P

THAT is not the problem. The problem is your aforementioned online community. Good luck getting an unofficial patch out and getting people to use it if they see that using the patch makes you unable to play online with people who don't have the patch.

Good luck getting an unofficial patch out and getting people to use it if they see that using the patch makes you unable to play online with people who don't have the patch.

I didn't say I'll make the patch. I could only help out. Who cares about people who don't want some advancement in gameplay? :P Plus, if there was a great number of people who don't want these patches for their incompatibility with unpatched versions, I don't think your TD 1.06c project would get anywhere. People would dig up their old Win95 PCs and play TD on XCC servers if what you say is true.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

You don't get it. My patch succeeded BECAUSE there was no C&C95 online community. In fact, we BUILT OUR OWN by adding an unofficial online play tool inside the 1.06b patch. And unlike Westwood Chat, which only allows 1v1, CnCNet, in combination with the patch, allows up to 6-player online play :P

And because of this tight cooperation between me and the cncnet developer(s), I can dictate whatever I want in terms of patches. Because the cncnet online play guides start with "patch C&C95 to version 1.06" :)

The fact there IS quite an RA2 online community makes it hard to get any patch out that is universally accepted by the players.