Nyerguds

1.06c development topic

Might be a idea to hook some self destruct code perhaps to the loop procedure?

What on earth are you talking about?

well, I released revision 1. Have fun with it :)

Great to hear that you've released a new version but a full changelog about your new additions and changes in this version would be good.

And only the changes which have been made in this version not the basic stuff which was already present in your last 3 versions or so. :)

I also recommend to add dates on your websites.... That way people can easier detect when a new version was released and if they are outdated or not.

Revision 1 doesn't look much different than the last file name you had on your website so it's a bit hard to see that it is actually a new version.

ehh... did you try the readme file? It kinda has a full changes list at the end, as indicated in the table of contents. And that full changes list is shown as information in the installer too, just after the license agreement.

Anyway, as you can read in the news topic about the release, there was a problem with some experimental extra units I forgot to remove.

Honestly I didn't download your update yet just because I've read already that it has errors. I will wait for a bug free version.

As for the readme I read it and downloaded it from your website. Guess I should have scrolled down I just checked the beginning of the the text and thought "Wait where are the newly implemented fixes?"

My bad sorry. However I still recommend to add dates on your website. So that people can see it easier when it was released.

Yeah, okay. you're right about this. The patch still DOES have bugs, and the website DOES need release dates.

As for these bugs... the people playing CnCNet just found out that engineers went on a global strike in multiplayer. It turned out to be a problem in my custom capturability system, which was supposed to disable completely for multiplay, but this had unforeseen side effects, instead disabling all capturability in multiplayer unless you had already started a single player mission before it.

So yeah, there's indeed still errors. I'll just release hotfixes for the exe for now, until all bugs have been ironed out and I can release a fully bug free revision 2.

October 3 hotfix released on the site:

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/

Just letting you know, AI engineers try to capture turrets. It breaks the game because the turrets can't be captured, so waves upon waves of engineers go into it, but I still maintain control of it.

I've never noticed this happen before, so it might of been caused by 1.06c ^_^

Just letting you know, AI engineers try to capture turrets.

This have happened since the dawn of time. :D

I've had many engineers try to capture my defenses. XD

Yeah, that's an AI issues that has always been in there. It can't be fixed; which actions can be targeted at which objects is controlled by the mouse cursor function, and the AI doesn't use that anyway. It's pretty much the same problem as the AI commandos attacking buildings with their sniper.

I think the fact that when AI engineers infiltrated the technically UNcapturable Advanced Com Center it simply DID capture it was a far worse bug, and that one's FIXED in 1.06c :P

Yeah, that's an AI issues that has always been in there. It can't be fixed; which actions can be targeted at which objects is controlled by the mouse cursor function, and the AI doesn't use that anyway. It's pretty much the same problem as the AI commandos attacking buildings with their sniper.

This is easy to fix, these are all just exclutions from a common function.

Eh? You mean I'd have to go and build in exceptions for the AI? Not a clue how the AI issues commands... also, don't know if telling it it can't capture a building won't just make it stop instead of selecting a next, valid target.

I guess I'd have to mess with that... the 'find valid target' function.

but the AI ahould have some "find valid target" function for that, no?

the turrets issue: it happened to me in N64 C&C, so it is probably a bug from the begining of the game. (most especificly in NOD Mission 13 Variant A)

I was just playing Red Alert 2 and the engineers were doing it there aswell. I guess it's just one of those Westwood things XD

I was just playing Red Alert 2 and the engineers were doing it there aswell. I guess it's just one of those Westwood things XD

Whaaat? Engineers need to be scripted for specific targets in RA2, you would have to intentionally instruct them to try capturing an uncapturable target... which makes no sense. Were you playing the normal game or a mod?

Whaaat? Engineers need to be scripted for specific targets in RA2, you would have to intentionally instruct them to try capturing an uncapturable target... which makes no sense. Were you playing the normal game or a mod?

Normal game. I was on the pearl harbour mission (Allied Campaign). The AI dropped in engineers and they all went into a SAM site.

Normal game. I was on the pearl harbour mission (Allied Campaign). The AI dropped in engineers and they all went into a SAM site.

I have seen this also only with that mission and the SAM site. I was confused why they was trying to take a SAM site.

On topic please. This is about 1.06c, not Red Alert 2.

On topic please. This is about 1.06c, not Red Alert 2.

I don't see a 'moderator' tag next to your name, and I don't see how it was off topic. I mentioned a bug in the game that I thought might of been caused by the 1.06c patch, because I have never seen it before. Someone informed me that this bug has always been in the game. I then noted that I had also just seen it in Red Alert 2, and joked "It must be one of those Westwood things". That is all. The rest was someone backing me up on my claim, and one person who was surprised that this bug had survived all the way to RA2.

NOW you've made me go off topic :rolleyes:

nyerguds Congratulations for your work, I have only a few questions:

1 do not need the cd of Covert Operations to play these missions?

2 language patches only translate voice and text but not add translated subtitles to the videos?

Thnks

1. The Covert Operations can be played with any CD. It's one of the first things I fixed, since it allowed me to include the Covert Operations into the patch, and allows everyone to play fan-made missions from the New Missions list :)

2. I have thought about this, but subtitles are hard to do. I don't know much about the functions used to show messages on the screen, and I don't even know if they work during video playback. On top of that, every video (actually, even, every scene in the video) has its own colour palette, making it very hard to determine which colour index on the palette to assign to the subtitle text.

I am planning to release video packs with the official dubs of the German, French and Japanese languages though.

I don't see a 'moderator' tag next to your name, and I don't see how it was off topic. I mentioned a bug in the game that I thought might of been caused by the 1.06c patch, because I have never seen it before. Someone informed me that this bug has always been in the game. I then noted that I had also just seen it in Red Alert 2, and joked "It must be one of those Westwood things". That is all. The rest was someone backing me up on my claim, and one person who was surprised that this bug had survived all the way to RA2.

NOW you've made me go off topic :rolleyes:

Godly-Cheese is Godly. You will obey him :P

Really though, I agree, that was rather off topic.

I think the text blitters work over the VQ layer, but hooking them into the playback loop would be a nightmare. I worked on copying this into TS, from RA2, but never finished it.

I would suggest to just to put text in the videos and re encode them.

I think the text blitters work over the VQ layer, but hooking them into the playback loop would be a nightmare. I worked on copying this into TS, from RA2, but never finished it.

I would suggest to just to put text in the videos and re encode them.

Yes, i think the same.

2. I have thought about this, but subtitles are hard to do. I don't know much about the functions used to show messages on the screen, and I don't even know if they work during video playback. On top of that, every video (actually, even, every scene in the video) has its own colour palette, making it very hard to determine which colour index on the palette to assign to the subtitle text.

I am planning to release video packs with the official dubs of the German, French and Japanese languages though.

1-just one more cuestion, what happen with the dubs of the spanish language?