Nyerguds

1.06c development topic

I know what you meant, but it's not really useful to mention it because

1. it was an issue caused by the patch itself (because I re-ordered the menu items' internal order)

2. it could make people think Westwood Chat mode actually still WORKS. From what you just told me, I can assume it simply DOESN'T, right?

IF I mention it it'll just be as "fixed an internal issue with the main menu keyboard order fix"

No No, you do not understeanded it right (oh, damn english), Westwood Online STILL WORKS. i can play on it, but it is a crap. 2-players only and it requires a LOT of port-fowarding... The good thing is the almost non-existent lag.

When i mean "It frozen", it was because the Hifi application. it is on development stage, and we was with troubles.

Edited by pichorra

Ahh, okay. Well then it is somewhat worth mentioning, I guess.

I never got a game running with wchat, personally.

PimpUigi sent me a PM today, informing me that the "Heartbreak" theme was missing from the list. After some testing, it turned out that "Reaching Out" was also missing.

It took me a while to figure out what went wrong, but I managed to fix it. It seems that when I cleaned up the music-related functions in the exe (when making the themes.ini system), I moved the new "get theme length" function on the exact spot that previously held the "does theme file exist" check.

Long story short, the function that does a series of checks to see whether a theme is allowed to be played, which should start with a check if the file exists, now checks whether the theme length is not 0 instead.

The fact this affects the "Heartbreak" and "Reaching Out" themes is because they are hidden themes, meaning they ONLY exist as "alternate theme" (.var file instead of .aud). Since the length of the remixes is often different than the original theme, I separated the theme length in "Length" and "AlternateLength". Since these only have an alternate length, the normal length is 0, and since this was mistaken for the result of the "does file exist" function, the themes were ignored -_-

Needless to say, this is now fixed for revision 2. If you can't wait for that, a quick workaround is to extract themes.ini (from updatec.mix) and put their Length to something higher than 0.

I FINALLY disabled the fact minimap zoom is enabled by default :)

Do note that this is set from the start of a mission, meaning savegames where you haven't built a comm center yet already have the zoomed mode saved in them, and thus the minimap will still be zoomed after you build the Comm Center.

Personally I don't see the point of zoomed mode in general, but just to be sure... should I make it a rules.ini option?

On a related note, I also fixed some errors in the stretching of some world map animation related scenes. The Nod mission map of Africa and the Nod mission info screen of the final South-Africa mission both used the stretching table of their GDI counterpart.

Since these stretching tables are palette-dependent, and the palettes of these scenes aren't the same, this caused messed up pixels to appear in the scenes. It wasn't too bad for the Africa map, since the palette of the Africa and Europe maps are almost the same, but on the South-Africa info screen this was very noticeable.

bug-southafrica-fixed.gif

Detail:

bug-southafrica-fixed-detail.gif

Well, i've noted something, I don't know if it is an bug, an issue or an random Issue.

Lets Start.:

On the N64 Nod Special Ops 2, On my Nintendo 64 console, i had the following error when i does those things:

1°- Build Up the Airstrip

2°- Capture the SoutEast GDI Construction Yard.

3°- Build up an Weapons Factory.

What i've got? I can't build any units with airstrip, no matters if i sell the airstrip or the Weapons Factory, or rebuild the airstrip, I only can build up units with the Weapons Factory. Detail: AWAYS when i play this mission i get this error, if this is a randon error, i'm with VERY LUCK. :P

Recently, i was playing with my coisin on a LAN game, and i did those things:

1°- Build Up the Airstrip

2°- Builded up Another Construction Yard and unloaded it on somewhere to buil-up a basem

3°- Build up another Airstrip.

What issue i get? simple, i can't build up units with my old airstrip, even if i sell the new one. So, if this issue is related on N64 C&C and in C&C1, probably it is some kind of issue or something. I think it will be Hard to fix, just i wanted let you know about that.

BTW Nyer: Could you make the Construction Yard get the "Primary Buildings" mode? by this way i can chose what CY i will get if i hit the "H".

Thank you, sorry for the book i wrote here.

Edited by Nyerguds

Oh huh. I d know the game doesn't correctly connect the delivery plane destination to the airstrip you set as primary. I remember it always going to the one closest to the right edge of the map, but I could be wrong about that.

I've never seen it stop delivering altogether after building a CY and then more airstrips though... I'll see if I can test that out on missions and in sandbox mode.

I don't have any data on how the delivery plane logic works though, so I don't think I'll be able to fix that any time soon, unless I accidentally stumble upon it.

As for the construction yard thing... I don't think 'H' works that way. I think it's just connected to the first MCV or CY you got. Selecting a primary construction yard just determines which one will do the build animation. Also, the "can select primary" key IS enabled on construction yards, but seems to be disabled by some internal logic, probably since it's irrelevant because they don't spawn anything anyway.

Pichorra,

Just to remark.

I got this undesirable effect of the airstrip, at least twice in other missions.

The same has happened with the repair bay that doesn't repair. In this case it got damaged after an attack. I sold and rebuild it.

In the case of the airstrip, in one situation it was simply because of the lack of space to deliver the vehicles and weapons.

There was space to deploy the building but it got "jailed"on the rocks. The unit finished constructing but the "ready"message was put on hold (blinking).

Pichorra,

Just to remark.

I got this undesirable effect of the airstrip, at least twice in other missions.

The same has happened with the repair bay that doesn't repair. In this case it got damaged after an attack. I sold and rebuild it.

In the case of the airstrip, in one situation it was simply because of the lack of space to deliver the vehicles and weapons.

There was space to deploy the building but it got "jailed"on the rocks. The unit finished constructing but the "ready"message was put on hold (blinking).

Well, i know about this, and you can easly confuse what i've said with the not engonth space and the airstrip was/is busy delivering... In what i've talking, the airstrip do not work even if i click on the "Ready" unit icon, or the space thing. This can be easly confuse by eachother. This is an jurassic issue where seens to be present on all version of C&C1 (even N64, as i said).

Ehh, just to clear this up... the N64 version is a port of C&C made years after C&C95. I think it was released in 1999.

Nyerguds Hello, I would not bother you because you did a great job with this project, I would like to know if I can provide subtitles for the missions: GDI5, GDI8a, GDI8B, GDI9, GDI11, GDI13, GDI15, and maybe make a tutorial for add captions, I know it's a tall order, but this would be a breakthrough please.

Nyerguds, you are awesome and you should feel awesome. I've never played any of the PlayStation or N64 missions, so those are just icing on the cake. How did you extract/program those?

For the PS one I got a program... and they were originally extracted by Rusty Le Cyborg anyway.

For the N64 ones, it was a giant mess of extracting the 2 files (the .ini mission script and .bin terrain map) from memdump quicksaves in the Project64 emulator, and then restoring the terrain map by hand with a map editor because the N64 map type was different, with the only recoverable information being which cells were 100% clear.

wolfstain: Yeah, I'll see if I got time to dig into it tomorrow.

Oh my... um, I just beat the final NOD mission, and my ears were literally assaulted by some remix of "Do it up" that I'm SURE isn't official.

*twitch*

Why was this done? Are there any other "surprises" I should know about, and is there a way to fix this?

That's not a remix of Just Do It Up, that's the C&C bloopers credits theme, taken from Frank Klepacki's site. It's made using bloopers of sound clip and FMV recordings made during the game development. So yes, Frank Klepacki made it, AS C&C1 credits theme, so that makes it official. I just put it in the game :P

Seriously, why are you complaining about something like that? It's just some harmless fun. Did you actually listen to it?

I just completely fixed the 'savegames bug', which prevented high resolution savegames from being used in low resolution, and vice versa. This means it's now entirely possible to add an 800x600 resolution in the game... what do you people think?

That's not a remix of Just Do It Up, that's the C&C bloopers credits theme, taken from Frank Klepacki's site. It's made using bloopers of sound clip and FMV recordings made during the game development. So yes, Frank Klepacki made it, AS C&C1 credits theme, so that makes it official. I just put it in the game :P

Seriously, why are you complaining about something like that? It's just some harmless fun. Did you actually listen to it?

:thumbsup:

Sure. Another resolution wouldn't hurt. :)

I'm complaining about it because it totally killed the mood of having totally slaughtered all GDI forces.

There's a difference between enhancing and patching the game, and adding totally new content.

No one complained about the Snow theater yet :P

If it really bothers you, go extract rules.ini from updatec.mix and change the credits themes -_-

Would it reasonable to request an option on future installers to add that, or any other music?

Some people enjoy the original music, some enjoy mixing original and remakes, and some like totally new content.

I'm not trying to be a pain about it, it just would be the best for customization in my opinion.

I'm thinking maybe even a stand-alone tools with checkmarks, to toggle what is installed.

I'll add EnableCreditsMusic= in conquer.ini, mkay? Sheesh -_-

.... This means it's now entirely possible to add an 800x600 resolution in the game... what do you people think?

You mean, we will be able to open these games that doesn't have an INI/BIN files?

You mean, we will be able to open these games that doesn't have an INI/BIN files?

I do not think so, i belive the DOS savegames are a bit different from the Windows ones, but maybe with some kind of hacking it...

I could give it a try, but it's possible the DOS memory mechanisms were just too different; after all savegames are a kind of memory dump.

[edit]

Doesn't work. I changed the internal version number in the savegame, but it still gave an error when loading, so they're really incompatible. Repeated tries only made the game crash.