Nyerguds

1.06c development topic

I could give it a try, but it's possible the DOS memory mechanisms were just too different; after all savegames are a kind of memory dump.

Yes, they are a bit differents, the DOS version of C&C dump it on less lines, and there are a bunch of differences where all the codes are locates, BUT, i can't dissasembler it because it isn't a Win32/16 EXE file, of corse.

Yes, they are a bit differents, the DOS version of C&C dump it on less lines, and there are a bunch of differences where all the codes are locates, BUT, i can't dissasembler it because it isn't a Win32/16 EXE file, of corse.

Anyway, thanks for trying!

Actually it's a DOS 16-bit program that then switches to 32-bit through some dirty workaround. I'm not sure if there are any other ways for a DOS program to do 32 bit though. Stupid MS.

Err, changing subject and not of much importance: do you know if the GDI and Nod missions has names? Or is it just "scenarios ##" and a number?

I got the names in the official strategy guide. I might look em up and put em in the missions if I got some time.

I got the names in the official strategy guide. I might look em up and put em in the missions if I got some time.

Ahn, never mind about that, it's not necessary at the moment.

I think I've seen this list of names some time ago.

GDI

SCG01EA: War is a Beach

SCG02EA: Save that Base, Mister!

SCG03EA: Fry the Friendly Skies

SCG04EA: A Few Good Soldiers: Bobyrusk

SCG04WA: A Few Good Soldiers: Gdansk

SCG04WB: A Few Good Soldiers: Byelistok - Town Under Attack

SCG05EA: The Media and the Military

SCG05EB: The Media and the Military

SCG05WA: The Media and the Military

SCG05WB: The Media and the Military

SCG06EA: One Magic Bullet

SCG07EA: Get it done right!

SCG08EA: Bring Them Back Alive: Repair and Defend

SCG08EB: Bring Them Back Alive: Defend & Destroy

SCG09EA: Let There Be No Light

SCG10EA: ORCA: Compact Killer Whale

SCG10EB: Romanian Revenge

SCG11EA: Spy in a Jam!

SCG12EA: To The Rescue

SCG12EB: Clean Sweep

SCG13EA: Eliminate Kane

SCG14EA: Gone Fishin'

SCG15EA: The Bitter Ends

SCG15EB: A More Bitter End

SCG15EC: Kane's Last Revenge

I just updated the first post to add more of the recent fixes I've done:

• The same savegames can now be used in all game resolutions
  • Snow theater water crossings no longer look like they are two cells wide while only one cell is passable
  • The player can now choose how the game fills in the in-between lines when stretching the videos
  • Network timing code has been enabled for LAN, to allow smooth online play with CnCNet
  • A crash that happened in multiplayer games with a high number of players and a high amount of units on the map has been fixed
  • All water animations in the rivers and shores of the snow theater have been fixed

"A crash that happened in multiplayer games with a high number of players and a high amount of units on the map has been fixed"

If this is the 004dadde error, it seens to be cncnet related one, i did a few tests in LAN and didn't get it... But Nice work anyway!

We want moar nyer! moar! :P

Well Myg told me that one, and told me what to fix for it... since it's multiplayer related, it's not necessarily just cncnet... could appear on crowded LAN games just as well.

Hi !

I would to create the MOVIES.MIX with the videos in French, to don't have to play with CDs.

I own both original game & addon in French, so I think it is possible but I don't know at all how ".mix" file works.

I know how to extract from .mix (with VQAtoAVI) but don't much more.

I will apreciate your help ! (and thanks for your great patch, I don't know if it's an issue but after being patched with 1.06c my game was in English even if I select French during patch install. I just have to change the language in the ini file but I report it, don't know if it's useful.)

I don't think vqa2vi can be used to extract videos. It just converts them. You won't have the original vqa files the game needs.

Here's what you should do...

• Download and install the XCC Utilities pack. You can get it from here. (Click "Utilities" in the sidebar, and download the "XCC Utilities" pack.)
  • Copy the movies.mix from the GDI CD to your game folder.
  • Start XCC Mixer, and in the program, browse to the Nod movies.mix on the CD, and open it.
  • Make a new folder on your disk, and in XCC Mixer, select all VQA videos in the Nod movies.mix file and extract them into that new folder using the "Copy" function.
  • Close the mixfile by pressing Backspace (the [<--] key), insert your Opérations Survie CD, open that one's movies.mix, and copy the videos from that one into the same folder, in the same way.
  • In XCC Mixer, go to Launch -> XCC Mix Editor.
  • In XCC Mix Editor, open the movies.mix file you copied into your game folder.
  • Drag all videos you extracted from the Nod and Opérations Survie movies.mix files into the XCC Mix Editor window. You will see they are added to the list of files.
  • Save the mixfile by pressing "Compact" (Don't use "save", use "Compact"). This will take a while, because it has to write an 800 mb file.
  • Close XCC Mix Editor, and delete the folder with the extracted Nod and Opérations Survie videos.

(and thanks for your great patch, I don't know if it's an issue but after being patched with 1.06c my game was in English even if I select French during patch install. I just have to change the language in the ini file but I report it, don't know if it's useful.)

Oh, thanks for reporting that. I'll see if I can fix it for the next version.

As the French commando says... "Pas d' problème!" :D

The msg got too long, I'm sorry:

===============================================

Last night we were playing CnC95 and it started getting desync.

First we've played for a while and the first problem happened when one of us tried to build a helipad.

Then, we tried some restarts, but it was ruined.

Then, I commented on the chat room that the same occured to me some days ago, just when I tried to build a helipad.

I'm not a programmer, but i mentioned that "maybe it is because I have a rules.INI customized with SEPARATEHELIPAD=TRUE".

Then the folks of the game said "you gotta be kidding us" and then they advised me (with torches and swords) that I should get rid of the rules.INI when playing online, which I promptly did.

I don't delete it, I just change it to the desktop folder and when we finish the section in the end of the night, I move it back.

For me it was just a suspicion, not so obvious and I don't mind taking this action as a contingency, but even when another player tries to build something it will affect the whole game?? Or that would only be a coincidence?

Anyway, after that, we didn't get any crashes, but the game was still too slow. I've sensed that when playing with Europeans that will happen, somehow, but I can assure that when playing with Americans there is no slow down and the Netcode is really working fine. One last detail: I use a C&C95.EXE prepared by Pichorra for online playing. Before state or change anything else I'll play for a while to see which suspicions are true or false.

But I've commited to the guys yesternight to come here and report these events.

Any doubts, ask me. I've tried to sum up and I don't know if everything is clear.

For me it was just a suspicion, not so obvious and I don't mind taking this action as a contingency, but even when another player tries to build something it will affect the whole game?? Or that would only be a coincidence?

You don't get it... if a helipad is built, every connected game mimics "building a helipad". They don't mimic what happens in your game, they mimic the action. This means that according to their games, you got the free helicopter, while in your game, you didn't get that.

The result is obviously that the games are no longer the same... AKA, desynchronization.

There's a reason rules.ini starts with a big warning about the options in it causing desyncs in multiplayer.

;;

;; RULES.INI

;;

;

; You expected awesome text-based modding settings here? Tough luck.

; I only split this because it became a mess in conquer.ini, and because many

; of these options cause desync errors in Multiplayer. So change these settings

; at your own risk.

;

; -Nyerguds

SafeScrolling Can affect other players too! if someone get it enabled, then everyone (in Multiplay) will have this option enabled!

Oh bloody hell, of course, that byte with options gets sent through -_-

But I think only the host can transmit the options though.

Anyway, I can fix that. All I need to do is make it save and load that option from some other byte.

no, the Player (not the host) can transmit this one too! (really annoying :P)

well, as I said, I know which byte transmits these options. If I simply store it someplace else it won't be transmitted.

Just for curiosity: would it be possible to insert more EDGES like northeast, southwest and etc.?

You mean for reinforcing? You just control that by making impassable borders just outside the mission area. This one's a perfect example:

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstuff/mappics/special-n64-gdi/scg52ea.png

GDI is set to North, but reinforces from the north-west corner because that's the only north spot they can come from.

I was aware about that, but the Chinooks might come from everywhere within the edge, that's Why I asked.

When you have 2 or 3 coming in, you might get a delay in one or 2 of them.

Unless you put a "MOVE TO waypoint" in the middle of the edge to diminish the delay among them.

/edit

But hey, this is really not important, just to know what sort of thing can be changed for the game.

Edited by Solo

Well really, they're map edges. The maps are rectangular, and by definition a rectangle only has 4 edges :P