Nyerguds

1.06c development topic

Heh, that just means your resource editor can't handle the transparent PNG-based icons format. It's rather new, but Windows can show it perfectly fine.

And those dithered ones ARE the originals. I collect C&C files, remember?

It's supposed to work for vista icons. I use Restorator 2007, because it can handle both individual icons and icon files, separately. Well, maybe the icons you have are originals, but they are different from the ones Kevin uploaded.

Care to upload the extracted icon file or recommended a resource editor so I can take a closer look?

Nyerguds, is it possible to fix the ages old bug of how the AI doesn't recognize walls? As much as I like exploiting the AI during the single-player using this, it seems too much like a cheat. I know that you can't modify the AI but isn't it possible to just change the attributes of the different wall types so that the AI view them as normal, destructable objects?

Also is it just me or do the Covert Operations missions not play the associated Covert Operations videos even if you have them in the game folder? Since I expected to see that video of everything turning off in the Nod base during the GDI mission Blackout, but in v1.06c it plays the video of the Obelisk at the start and, IIRC, the video of the A10s bombing a Nod base at the end.

EDIT: A bit of a random question, but what do FreeScrolling and AutoScrolling do?

EDIT 2: On a very minor note, would it be too much of a gameplay change if you allowed buildings to be built at least one tile away from other buildings? It doesn't even have to be for every building, maybe just base defenses since it's awkward to build them right up against your base meaning that by the time they start firing, enemy units are already within range of other buildings. Though you can exploit the wall trick it seems again to be a bit of a cheat. If you do this, maybe the walls should not count as "buildings" since I don't think Westwood intended for players to wall all the way up to the enemy base and start building base defenses to attack them.

Edited by KevinLancaster

Nyerguds, is it possible to fix the ages old bug of how the AI doesn't recognize Sandbags as walls? As much as I like exploiting the AI during the single-player using this, it seems too much like a cheat. I know that you can't modify the AI but isn't it possible to just change the attributes of the Sandbags or something so that the AI sees it as a Chain Link Fence/Concrete Wall?

Call me stupid, but I don't understand what you mean. The IA ignores sandbags as well as concrete wall. I don't see any distinction here... If tanks could run over sandbags and chain link fence (like they do in red alert), I'd understand, but not the other way around...

On that note, maybe the walls should not count as "buildings" since I don't think Westwood intended for players to wall all the way up to the enemy base and start building base defenses to attack them.

Then don't do it, it's as simple as that. I use them to build defenses at a safe distance from my base. And maybe to block my own harvesters so I can preserve a tiberium field. And that's it.

The AI doesn't try to shoot through Sandbags, but does try to shoot through Chain Link Fences and Concrete Walls.

EDIT: I swear I saw it once in the campaign but I'm not so sure now after I tried testing this in Skirmish.

On another note, why does the AI get super fast if you "pause" at the fastest speed in Skirmish mode?

EDIT 2: Yeah, it seems to work with all walls. I only used Sandbags when I was going through the campaign and in one instance the AI tried shooting through pre-placed Concrete Walls so I though it only worked with Sandbags. But yeah, now that I know this, is it possible to make the AI recognize walls and try to shoot through them?

Also, is it possible for Tiberium to damage infantry that is standing still in it, and not moving through it? Because it seems kind of silly when a minigunner I forgot about ages ago is standing in the middle of a Tiberium patch that has grown around it and is still perfectly fine.

EDIT 3: You can't sell without a Construction Yard? That's strange. Oh, and as much as I like music for multiplayer, the scoreboard music seems strangely cheerful if you lose. Is there a way to disable it through the rules.ini you included in v1.06c? I know there's a section for changing the scoreboard music but I can't just leave it blank can I?

Edited by KevinLancaster

EDIT 3: You can't sell without a Construction Yard? That's strange ?

Yes, you can. At least I can. I did it a few days ago. What you can't sell is pre-placed walls and some special buildings.

Edited by Nyerguds

Nyerguds, is it possible to fix the ages old bug of how the AI doesn't recognize walls? As much as I like exploiting the AI during the single-player using this, it seems too much like a cheat. I know that you can't modify the AI but isn't it possible to just change the attributes of the different wall types so that the AI view them as normal, destructable objects?

Fence types are a kind of dirty mix of the Structure and Overlay types. I have no idea how it works internally. but since they're not actually seen as buildings (tiberium, and the indestructible farmer fields you sometimes got on maps are also "overlay") it doesn't get targeted.

Also is it just me or do the Covert Operations missions not play the associated Covert Operations videos even if you have them in the game folder? Since I expected to see that video of everything turning off in the Nod base during the GDI mission Blackout, but in v1.06c it plays the video of the Obelisk at the start and, IIRC, the video of the A10s bombing a Nod base at the end.

That mission definitely starts with the Obelisk video, and has BLACKOUT set as win video. I never changed that. Do note that if you loaded it from a savegame, then the mission's settings are irrelevant since video configurations are stored in the savegame.

EDIT: A bit of a random question, but what do FreeScrolling and AutoScrolling do?

Probably nothing. I'm guessing they're just leftovers from Dune II. In Dune II, touching the side of the screen doesn't scroll unless you click. The AutoScroll option in the game changed that. But since C&C has no click-scroll logic, I doubt the option does anything. As for freescrolling, not a clue.

EDIT 2: On a very minor note, would it be too much of a gameplay change if you allowed buildings to be built at least one tile away from other buildings? It doesn't even have to be for every building, maybe just base defenses since it's awkward to build them right up against your base meaning that by the time they start firing, enemy units are already within range of other buildings. Though you can exploit the wall trick it seems again to be a bit of a cheat. If you do this, maybe the walls should not count as "buildings" since I don't think Westwood intended for players to wall all the way up to the enemy base and start building base defenses to attack them.

First of all, that's a huge gameplay change, second of all, I don't know where the function is that does the "valid build spot" check.

The AI doesn't try to shoot through Sandbags, but does try to shoot through Chain Link Fences and Concrete Walls.

EDIT: I swear I saw it once in the campaign but I'm not so sure now after I tried testing this in Skirmish.

Walls can't be shot over, so the AI units can destroy a wall by shooting at something they try to hit that's behind it. That's all. The AI doesn't see any fence as valid target.

On another note, why does the AI get super fast if you "pause" at the fastest speed in Skirmish mode?

Because there is no "pause" in skirmish, and because "fastest speed" literally means "as fast as your CPU runs". Add to that that opening the menu removes any need for the game to spend CPU cycles on drawing stuff on screen, and yes, it tends to get quite fast.

EDIT 2: Yeah, it seems to work with all walls. I only used Sandbags when I was going through the campaign and in one instance the AI tried shooting through pre-placed Concrete Walls so I though it only worked with Sandbags. But yeah, now that I know this, is it possible to make the AI recognize walls and try to shoot through them?

Not a clue how. Feel free to dig into the bowels of the game yourself though.

Also, is it possible for Tiberium to damage infantry that is standing still in it, and not moving through it? Because it seems kind of silly when a minigunner I forgot about ages ago is standing in the middle of a Tiberium patch that has grown around it and is still perfectly fine.

Again, not a clue how, but I wouldn't change that anyway because it changes how the game works. I only upgrade and fix. I don't make changes in game behaviour, even if the original way is slightly illogical.

Oh, and as much as I like music for multiplayer, the scoreboard music seems strangely cheerful if you lose. Is there a way to disable it through the rules.ini you included in v1.06c? I know there's a section for changing the scoreboard music but I can't just leave it blank can I?

Did you, um, try? A game crash isn't the end of the world, you know; I cause them on a regular basis. :P

To answer your question though, as far as I know it should work fine. The game has a code ("-1") to indicate "no theme", and actually uses the command to start playing theme "-1" to stop music. So putting nothing there should default it to that "-1".

I just tested it, you can sell buildings, but not walls, even the ones you built.

You can't sell stuff after you got no buildings left. As I already said in relation to the AI behaviour, walls aren't seen as real buildings by the game. You can sell them just fine if you do it BEFORE selling all the rest.

That mission definitely starts with the Obelisk video, and has BLACKOUT set as win video. I never changed that. Do note that if you loaded it from a savegame, then the mission's settings are irrelevant since video configurations are stored in the savegame.

Yeah, I must have remembered wrong. The last time I played it I hadn't gotten the Covert Ops video pack from your website, and I thought it still played something at the end but that must have been some other mission. Without BLACKOUT.vqa in the game directory nothing plays at all, and with it the video works fine.

By any chance, do you know how score is calculated after each mission? I noticed some very strange things when I was testing Blackout for the video, namely that I was getting more points if Nod destroyed more buildings with their nuke. Eventually after a few tests it seems that for GDI, the more units you have, the higher score you get, since I decided to sell every building I had before attacking the Temple of Nod and I ended up getting more points than I ever had before on the mission.

I just tried leaving the multiplayer scoreboard music line empty - it ended up playing outtakes. -1 works in stopping the music though. (EDIT: Acutally, putting any random number there seems to work, which is kind of strange. Also, would changing this cause desync problems in multiplayer?) (EDIT 2: After some fooling around, it seems that leaving the multiplayer scoreboard music line empty causes the game to play whatever the Nod credits music is - and by default it's outtakes. I thought something that might be nifty is if the scoreboard music changed depending on what faction you play as, but I doubt that's possible because there's only one scoreboard for all.)

While extracting the rules.ini I noticed there are radar icons for EA and Westwood alongside the regular GDI, Nod and Dinosaur ones. Are those actually used in any mission?

Edited by Nyerguds

About the scores: Meh, I dunno. It's different for GDI and Nod. For Nod I know that efficiency simply means ending with more money than you started with, and leadership oddly drops further below 100% for every enemy building you need to destroy to finish the mission. I think GDI efficiency is the same, but not a clue about the leadership there. It definitely reacts different than the Nod score though.

About the music: You misunderstand. The game handles tracks by index, internally, so the first track in themes.ini is just track #0 for the game, the second is track #1, etc. Track -1 is used for "none". It's unrelated to the string read from the ini. It's just the internal number. Anyway, if empty doesn't work, any string that isn't a valid theme name will just default to -1 internally. So in good Westwood tradition, like it is in the missions, just put "No Theme" there ;)

What you describe there about it taking the value of another key seems like a bug to me... I'll check it out. but I think I updated that system already after releasing 1.06c, so it's possible it doesn't act like that anymore anyway.

About the radar logos: No, those were added mostly for fun... I did a mock test with the EA one to show off the "RadarLogo=" mission feature (and the custom house colours, and custom capturability), and some people said "leave it in"... so I did. The Westwood one came as a request in response to that pic.

Hi Nyerguds,

The other day, Pichorra and I were commenting on CnCnet one effect that we miss or didn't note in patch 1.06 which is, when you destroy a building or a large unit the screen shakes due to the impact of destruction. Not that it would be totally essential, but can you give us an idea why is it not present anymore? (Im' really not whining, just curious about limitations of the game)

Hi Nyerguds,

The other day, Pichorra and I were commenting on CnCnet one effect that we miss or didn't note in patch 1.06 which is, when you destroy a building or a large unit the screen shakes due to the impact of destruction. Not that it would be totally essential, but can you give us an idea why is it not present anymore? (Im' really not whining, just curious about limitations of the game)

I did some testing, and you're right! But it seems to have been always like that in C&C Gold. I tried testing it using 1.04a off the disk and the screen shake still did not happen. However, on the DOS version it works perfectly fine! I wonder if Nyerguds knows more about this.

Oh, for Skirmish Nyerguds, is it possible for the AI to be constantly reinforced or respawn? Because as it is right now all you have to do is survive the initial onslaught and then you can easily finish the rest off. Even with 12 units it still feels a bit too easy. If this could be done it would last longer and in my opinion, it would be a bit more fun. Though, it would become a survival mode of sorts, but it already kind of is compared to regular C&C Skimish modes.

Also the Skirmish AI seems obsessed with targeting your base, ignoring units firing at them and going directly into your base defenses. Not that this is your fault, as this behaviour is sometimes present in Westwood's campaign AI too. If this can't be changed though, I wouldn't mind.

Hi Nyerguds,

As Kevin said, it's not related to my patch; from what I've seen that was simply disabled in C&C Gold. Though I think Hyper pointed me to the 'screen shake' function once; it's still in there.

Mind you, if I remember correctly the actual gameplay progress kinda paused/froze for a second during those shake animations, so it's possible it was taken out for multiplayer desync reasons.

Oh, for Skirmish Nyerguds, is it possible for the AI to be constantly reinforced or respawn? Because as it is right now all you have to do is survive the initial onslaught and then you can easily finish the rest off. Even with 12 units it still feels a bit too easy. If this could be done it would last longer and in my opinion, it would be a bit more fun. Though, it would become a survival mode of sorts, but it already kind of is compared to regular C&C Skimish modes.

Yeah, you can set up the map to have Reinforce triggers for the Multi1-Multi6 teams. I even added extra destroyable triggers to the game (raised from 3 to 6) so the reinforcements can be stopped when a certain condition is met (like, when a target building is destroyed, or simply when all of the side is dead). Do note that such triggers can't discern AIs from human players, so the human players will get the same reinforcements.

This can be sort-of circumvented though, by adding a 'built it, dstry trig ????' for each side, with the construction yard building ID as value. That would result in a side's reinforcements stopping when they deploy their MCV.

The main problem is that triggers have to be specifically put into a map.

Another problem is that the reinforced teams can't be made side-sensitive in any way, except by determining in advance that "multi3 will get Nod stuff". It's very possible this doesn't match with the actual random side definition given to it by the game though, so its reinforcements could be of the other side than its starting units. This is probably a minor inconvenience though, if you just make 3 teams get GDI stuff and the other 3 Nod stuff.

Also the Skirmish AI seems obsessed with targeting your base, ignoring units firing at them and going directly into your base defenses. Not that this is your fault, as this behaviour is sometimes present in Westwood's campaign AI too. If this can't be changed though, I wouldn't mind.

They don't ignore units. It's MUCH, MUCH dumber than that: they always target the most northern enemy. Unit or building, doesn't matter. Just like the AI Airstrikes in the campaign. And yes, I am planning on looking into that, because it's quite retarded.

One time I saw AIs actually passing my base and going off to attack something further up north. It turned out to be a visceroid. They're apparently not part of the Great AI Alliance in multiplayer games :P

Yeah, you can set up the map to have Reinforce triggers for the Multi1-Multi6 teams. I even added extra destroyable triggers to the game (raised from 3 to 6) so the reinforcements can be stopped when a certain condition is met (like, when a target building is destroyed, or simply when all of the side is dead). Do note that such triggers can't discern AIs from human players, so the human players will get the same reinforcements.

This can be sort-of circumvented though, by adding a 'built it, dstry trig ????' for each side, with the construction yard building ID as value. That would result in a side's reinforcements stopping when they deploy their MCV.

The main problem is that triggers have to be specifically put into a map.

Another problem is that the reinforced teams can't be made side-sensitive in any way, except by determining in advance that "multi3 will get Nod stuff". It's very possible this doesn't match with the actual random side definition given to it by the game though, so its reinforcements could be of the other side than its starting units. This is probably a minor inconvenience though, if you just make 3 teams get GDI stuff and the other 3 Nod stuff.

Seems quite simple to set up, but the problem is I don't know how to use XCC Editor properly. Is there a manual somewhere?

I tried setting up triggers to reinforce the AI, but it only works once. Is it possible for the AI to get reinforced every time they lose all their units? (Though, the game would then go on forever. It would also be boring to see the same units and numbers attacking each time, though I doubt it's possible to change that. Maybe that "number of units destroyed" trigger could be used so that more advanced and numerous units show up eventually. It could also be used to end the game after a set amount of waves are destroyed.)

Also, I found two other problems:

1. All the multiplayer factions own the north edge in the default multi maps, and they can't be distributed evenly between the four edges due to there being 6 factions (The ability to limit player amounts in the next version may help with this). In addition, the player starts in a random spot, so they may end up with enemy units spawning inside their base.

2. With this system, a player playing with bases off would still get reinforcements after losing all their units. Though, this doesn't really matter as when I tried it, the game still recognized that I lost, but before taking me to the scoreboard the game also said "Reinforcements have arrived." Another issue is that the player probably won't be able to hold off the constantly reinforcing AI hordes.

If I knew how to do it properly, and if these problems could be avoided somehow, then I would probably try making a skirmish pack for the default maps. I don't mind doing something tedious if I feel like the end result is worth it. I also have too much free time right now.

They don't ignore units. It's MUCH, MUCH dumber than that: they always target the most northern enemy. Unit or building, doesn't matter. Just like the AI Airstrikes in the campaign. And yes, I am planning on looking into that, because it's quite retarded.

Nice to see it being worked on!

One time I saw AIs actually passing my base and going off to attack something further up north. It turned out to be a visceroid. They're apparently not part of the Great AI Alliance in multiplayer games :P

What faction are the visceroids on anyways? Special?

While we're on the subject of visceroids, have you ever tried getting them to spawn in single-player, or was there a problem?

Lastly, out of nowhere, have you ever tried putting in unused EVA sounds? I know that some of them aren't very useful (l"Enemy approaching," "Enemy unit destroyed," "Insufficient power") but others could be quite helpful ("Civilian killed" - for GDI mission 8b, "Enemy Planes Approaching," - for A10s in the Nod campaign, "Structure Lost" - especially since the screen shaking was removed, "Repairing," "Need Harvester"). While I'm on the EVA, why does it sometimes say "New construction options" while you're selling buildings?

EDIT: Something that just hit me was that C&C95 doesn't have difficulty settings. Were they ever implemented, and do you have any intention of implementing them? I'm fine if you don't. On a random note, and I doubt you could provide a clear answer to this, but why are there build icons for the A10s and various other items (some of which are mentioned in the manual but not others) that aren't actually buildable?

Seems quite simple to set up, but the problem is I don't know how to use XCC Editor properly. Is there a manual somewhere?

I tried setting up triggers to reinforce the AI, but it only works once. Is it possible for the AI to get reinforced every time they lose all their units? (Though, the game would then go on forever. It would also be boring to see the same units and numbers attacking each time, though I doubt it's possible to change that. Maybe that "number of units destroyed" trigger could be used so that more advanced and numerous units show up eventually. It could also be used to end the game after a set amount of waves are destroyed.)

Setting up XCC Mixer: http://www.cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=435.0

Thorough guide on using triggers: http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstuff/cctxt/ccmanual.txt

1. All the multiplayer factions own the north edge in the default multi maps, and they can't be distributed evenly between the four edges due to there being 6 factions (The ability to limit player amounts in the next version may help with this).

I don't really understand what you mean. There is a fixed set of possible player start locations on each map, and all players are randomly distributed over those. I doubt the game makes any difference between AI and human players when that happens.

In addition, the player starts in a random spot, so they may end up with enemy units spawning inside their base.

You're right. Though I tihnk this can be avoided by starting without units and putting all starting points in one central location, which will make only your MCV show up. Might be hard to build up enough defense against the first waves then though.

2. With this system, a player playing with bases off would still get reinforcements after losing all their units. Though, this doesn't really matter as when I tried it, the game still recognized that I lost, but before taking me to the scoreboard the game also said "Reinforcements have arrived." Another issue is that the player probably won't be able to hold off the constantly reinforcing AI hordes.

Well okay, but playing a constant-reinforcements game with bases off is silly anyway, as you get killed by 5 times your own force ANYWAY.

Nice to see it being worked on!

I'm not actually working on it yet, but it's certainly on my todo list.

What faction are the visceroids on anyways? Special?

Not a clue. I could look it up in the spawning code, but I don't think it matters much. Could just as well be GDI or Nod; they're not used in multiplayer anyway :P

While we're on the subject of visceroids, have you ever tried getting them to spawn in single-player, or was there a problem?

Um, why would I enable that in single player? This isn't like TS, you know... these visceroids don't come from tiberium deaths. They literally spawn randomly on the map, all the time. This could SERIOUSLY mess up the missions where you start with only a few soldiers.

Lastly, out of nowhere, have you ever tried putting in unused EVA sounds? I know that some of them aren't very useful (l"Enemy approaching," "Enemy unit destroyed," "Insufficient power") but others could be quite helpful ("Civilian killed" - for GDI mission 8b, "Enemy Planes Approaching," - for A10s in the Nod campaign, "Structure Lost" - especially since the screen shaking was removed, "Repairing," "Need Harvester").

A lot of those have no real use, or no real place where they could be played. For example, airstrikes in Nod campaigns don't use any special superweapon logic; it's just a reinforce trigger which sends in some A10s.

The "GDI/Nod unit/structure lost" ones can be enabled with the "DeathAnnounce" option in conquer.ini. but it gets old REALLY quickly, trust me :P

While I'm on the EVA, why does it sometimes say "New construction options" while you're selling buildings?

Because it triggers on ANY change in the construction options, including losing them.

EDIT: Something that just hit me was that C&C95 doesn't have difficulty settings. Were they ever implemented, and do you have any intention of implementing them? I'm fine if you don't.

I've found out that the game has command line parameters "HARD" and "EASY", but I haven't noticed any differences with either of those options enabled. I haven't traced the value they change either though, so it's possible it does some more subtle stuff like changing your production speed and/or unit damage. Especially speed-related things are very hard to check.

On a random note, and I doubt you could provide a clear answer to this, but why are there build icons for the A10s and various other items (some of which are mentioned in the manual but not others) that aren't actually buildable?

we found a defunct game mode in which all projectiles are disabled, triggered by the command line parameter "EDITOR". From that I can assume that the game's missions are built from a map editor that was embedded in the actual game. It seems logical for them to have made icons for all stuff to use in that editor mode.

Also, a lot of units and structures have been shuffled around during balancing stages, so some of these things might have been meant to be buildable at some point during development. This is also one of the reasons multiplayer has more units than single player.

I split off the scripting discussion in a separate thread; it was getting a bit off-topic here.

Hi,

One doubt - Inside the INI files for single player missions:

A ) the order of the SECTIONS is important somehow

or

B ) there is no effect, the game just consult each section and get the data it needs?

The reason of the question is because I find different orders, but [bASIC] almost always is the first one.

If you have a suggestion of what order might help or optimize the game to process the data, let me know.

Edited by Solo

I know from Red Alert the game reads the first 2000 bytes to retrieve the mission name, which is in the [basic] section. I don't know how TD manages to get the mission names for the Covert Ops, but maybe it's similar.

Yeah, I think it only reads a small part of the ini file to read the Covert Ops name, so the Basic section should definitely be on top. I could change that, but it'd only make the New Missions menu slower, and it's already slowed down considerably since I expanded it to read up to 999.

For other things, the order doesn't matter at all. The general ini reading system isn't linear; it just looks for the section, and then looks through the keys as long as it doesn't encounter differently-named section.

... I could change that, but it'd only make the New Missions menu slower, and it's already slowed down considerably since I expanded it to read up to 999 ...

No, no. Don't have to change anything. I was just asking to understand how the game works.

Another related doubt is: There's a pack of missions in German where the author created an "AUTOR=Jon Doe" line in the basic section. I think he invented that, since I haven't seen it anywhere else. If I could do that in the [bASIC] section of the INI file without harming the game, I would register the names of the authors in the respective missions.

Many of them use to register their "copytrights" in the first line of the INI file after a ";" in many formats. The idea would be to have a standard format in a single line of the BASIC section.

But again, it's not necessary/essential. just a matter of organization. If your intuition says "wouldn't be a problem, but we'd better not do that", so not a problem.

Edited by Nyerguds

When i play C&C95 on linux (that`s becomming common, since i don't use Windows much anymore), i see that If i press "Alt", it locks the mouse buttons. This means that ForceTrampe can't be done. There's a way to make keys "changeable" or even, give the HEX code for change it for whatever i want?

How about, you just get your WINE configured properly? I honestly can't believe there won't be any other programs ran in WINE that need the alt key. -_-

No, no. Don't have to change anything. I was just asking to understand how the game works.

Another related doubt is: There's a pack of missions in German where the author created an "AUTOR=Jon Doe" line in the basic section. I think he invented that, since I haven't seen it anywhere else. If I could do that in the [bASIC] section of the INI file without harming the game, I would register the names of the authors in the respective missions.

Umm... that key is definitely just made up... but since such extra keys are never read by the game anyway, they couldn't possibly do any harm.

Many of them use to register their "copyrights" in the first line of the INI file after a ";" in many formats. The idea would be to have a standard format in a single line of the BASIC section.

But again, it's not necessary/essential. just a matter of organization. If your intuition says "wouldn't be a problem, but we'd better not do that", so not a problem.

Well, I found out a long time ago that ';' comments don't really work in C&C anyway. Anything above the first section is ignored simply because it isn't in a section, and if you try commenting out a trigger (or a teamtype), all you have really done is renaming the trigger to start with a ';'. You can imagine that for triggers that aren't specifically linked to something, this changes absolutely nothing.

On unit/structure/etc lists it has even less effect, since those numbers are nothing more than unique identifiers. They're not actually read as numbers.

The only place where it can really work is in the Waypoint section, But there, again, all you do is renaming it to a key which starts with ';', turning it into an extra key that isn't read by the game, since waypoints are read by going through all numbers from 0 to 27.

(technically the same applies to the [base] section, but since [base] can't handle empty entries, it probably crashes the game)

if you try commenting out a trigger (or a teamtype), all you have really done is renaming the trigger to start with a ';'. You can imagine that for triggers that aren't specifically linked to something, this changes absolutely nothing.

... one exception could be TEAMTYPES dependent to AUTOCREATE trigger, right?

Well yes, for autocreated teams (or any team set to be produced), it will make no difference, that will still happen, but manual usage of the teams won't work.

But that's all entirely besides the point. The point is that you'll just be renaming them, with all consequences of renaming them.

so... 1.06c Revision 2 isn't out yet right?

what is the newest version and when was it released? I've been out of the loop for a bit.