Nyerguds

1.06c development topic

@Pichorra: try the translation thread: http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/15533-translation-stuff/

@Nyergyds: Oh, of course, the mission save packs. I don't know where I got DOS from (that was what the second does was supposed to be). I guess the renaming algorithm(s) could be put in the configurator or at the "boot sequence" of the game, but would take away the necessity of doing them now. On second thought it might be good to do that anyways, in case people get the game and then the save packs.

Unless he knows French he can't help me much :P

(though I guess I need to update the language packs' ccconfig translations too... I'll release an updated bare English version of the setup translation file ASAP, so the language packs can be adapted)

Just fixed a little oversight which caused the rules.ini LANPlayers option to be completely ignored. With the fix, the LANPlayers limit acts as highest amount of players possible in a map, so if you set it to "2", all maps will show up as 2-player maps in the LAN list. The only real purpose this has is Skirmish though. I should really look into disabling the network traffic in LAN mode to make a real skirmish mode, with a slider for the amount of players. But that'll be for a next patch.

Just reporting an odd behaviour again. In the Nod mission N64 special ops 2, there is a tiberium field on the right, above the GDI base. And this field is ruining the mission ^^'

Once harvesters have depleted the nearest field, their next target is this field. Problem is, the path to access it is too long, or too complicated for the pathfinding to work and the harvesters simply gets stuck against the cliff that is around the tiberium field.

Which means that the IA no longer has any money after maybe 10 minutes, at most.

Could you modify the map to fix that (removing the cliff or the field for exemple), please ?

Picture

Hmm, yeah, I have noticed that :|

I can just make a hole in the wall there. Should fix the issue completely. There are probably enough guard towers around to discourage the player from trying it as back entrance anyway.

Just curiosity, since the release seems close, did you fix the map already ?

Ooh, no, I didn't. I'll take a look at it now.

[edit]

Looking at the map, I think the best solution is just to remove the tiberium there, tbh. Its only purpose there is getting the AI stuck, and they have enough tiberium around on the other nearby fields. And that way, I won't be opening a back door straight to their construction yard.

It's generally not a really well-designed map though... the top left tiberium eventually threatens their own infantry, while their harvesters usually never go there. Personally I'd switch the weapons factory there with the right refinery from the middle base.

But eh, they're official maps. I'll leave them. The tiberium in the top right corner is gone though :)

As I already posted in the Polish translation topic too...

I adapted the new missions menu to read the mission side prefixes from the game's strings file. Originally, it just used hardcoded "GDI: " and "NOD: " strings from the exe file. Now, it uses the strings used on the side choice buttons for multiplayer.

This change was originally requested as modding feature, oddly enough. I didn't realize its language pack implication until I uploaded a picture of it on ModDB (which I promptly replaced by a screenshot using the Polish language pack) :P

[Ennio Morricone Farwest music mode on]

... Nyerguds!! you have 'til sunset to deliver 1.06d stuff or you'll have to leave town ...

rsrsrrsrsrs

Sorry. I'm only releasing tomorrow. If you can translate the remaining German strings though, be my guest :P

[edit]

btw, all language packs are already updated on the site ;)

Just so you all realize... the patch is released :P

Yeah ! Congratulations !

Now, it's time for the post release dumb question :P

How do I replace the english movies.mix by the french version ? I can't use the ones from the CDs, right ?

If you installed the French version of the game, and patched it with the patch, then you can use the CD videos. but the problem then is merging them together.

you can do that like this:

• Make a new folder, and use XCC Mixer to extract all videos from the Nod and Covert Ops movies.mix archives to that folder.
  • Copy the GDI movies.mix to your game folder
  • Open the copied GDI movies.mix it in XCC Mix Editor (NOT Mixer. Use Mix Editor)
  • Drag and drop all the extracted videos in it
  • Save using "compact" (ALWAYS use "compact". The TFD RA1 main.mix was 1.2 GB instead of 800 mb because they didn't use "compact").

However, if the C&C is the downloaded version or TFD, the problem is that the palette stretch tables for the videos (the .vqp files) inside update.mix are those of the English version.

Of course, since you have the French CDs, you can always just use WinPack to open the INSTALL\SETUP.Z file on the CD and extract update.mix from it ;)

I've been meaning to make video installer packs for all 4 main languages, either overwriting the update.mix or putting all loose video files with their VQAs in the language's CD subfolder (one of the features of the language system)

I'll make sure I release these packs as soon as possible.

[lol]

Great Fight. Nyerguds was Lost to Ponnies and his Job, but he remembered from where he is and who he are, reacumulating all his strenght and forces back. Nyerguds is back, and he just accomplished one of his mission, The v 1.06c_r2 patch.

He is stronger again, Perhaps just for a undefined period of time. Who knows if he can fall again to the evil that disturb him? Nobody knows...

[/lol]

Great Job nyerguds! after months waiting and development! :D:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hehe hey everyone. :) I've been with C&C for ages although not on this forum... until now! Hello.

Great work Nyer. :D

I was asked to post this issue here:

"The SSM launcher graphic has a frame on its turret that isn't remappable (it's greyish). It's more noticable on a red or orange unit, but yeah. :o"

Edited by Kilkakon

Hi Nyerguds,

Great Job.

I'm very excited with the 800x600 mode + original aspect ratio.

The "mod manager" is handful also, I hope this stimulate more MODs in the future.

I'm having some trouble configuring DDraw.

It's not working well as before, it seems truncated. I'm testing CCConfig to stablish if "it is me or it is me squared", let me see and I'll tell you later.

Anyway, I believe now will be less stressful to my eyes.

/edit

oh yes, the "right" zoom for the minimap deserves another note: Thanks, finally!

Edited by Solo

Hey. Just some questions:

- Windows 95 compatibility mode is enabled by Default AND SO DO the cnc-DDraw! this isn't a problem for peaple that Uses AMD Cores but it's a Pain for the Intel Cores, since they use HT Technology for Pentium 4s Prescotts and highter!

- BackBufferVideo is set 1. That isn't supposed to be set as 0 by default?

Solo: Disable the Compatibility mode and the Back Buffer in Video memory. Edit the DDraw.ini and mess it arround. on my configuration, Singlecpu=false, maxfps=76, filter=nearest and render=opengl. Try those.

Ehh, I thought cnc-ddraw NEEDED Back Buffer in video memory? And if you disable it without cnc-ddraw, you get the scroll speed bug.

As for the compatibility mode, well, not sure if the game still needs it anyway... not even sure what exactly it does. I'm considering building a system into ccconfig to enable compat mode if you disable cnc-ddraw and vice versa, but overall, yeah, I'm not sure if it's needed.

weird. If i disable the backbuffer, my performance is way better.

Windows 98 mode disables all but 1 core. The HT Technology makes all cores works like 2 cores. This mean that 1/2 core will be used for C&C95. It is really not a problem if you do not use DDraw, but turns in a one if you use it. In your case, there is no problem since Athlons do not have HT, meaning 1 core will always work at C&C95.

Done, everything working, thanks Pichorra.

The only thing different is that I've enabled "windowed". It's not working fine in full screen, so i've set almost full screen.

One detail, my HD has still 9Gb free over 74Gb (old!!) Maybe it "helps" make things worse eehehhehe

I'm making some tests and right now I've put 720x450 and the snow theater became so cool!!

Patch 1.06C R2 documents: "Fixed the firing sound of the SAM site..."

Was there a problem with it? Was it a bit distorted, is that it?

No, it was disabled completely. Despite the fact the sound was set in the settings for the weapon, it didn't play when the SAM fired, probably due to the automatic popup logic. I fixed it by instead linking the sound to the dust cloud animation that plays when the SAM fires.

If you look at the list of "The most important changes of patch 1.06c" at the top of the document, you'll see it says

-The SAM site now has a sound when firing its rockets

Good stuff once again Mr Nyerguds!

Thank ye kindly! Glad to see you're still alive!

On a related note, I totally forgot to post this in the official forums :P

Solo : It is not a problem if you have a large amount of RAM memory and a defraged HardDisc. I had 3gb of 80 free in my old HDD. But since i was needing one fastly, i've bough a 500GB Sata HDD by 100R$ (about 50U$D).

I was just making a little mod pack with the German censoring (some people asked for that), and noticed that my custom rules file didn't get read from the mod mixfile

Upon closer inspection, I found what went wrong... It reads the mod name from the settings, adds ".mix" behind it, uses that "[modname].mix" string to read the addon mixfile, and then takes that same string to read the addon ini settings.

I better make it change the string to "[modname].ini" before that last step :P