Nyerguds

1.06c development topic

ehh what? The teamtype field in the mission itself is a String that's only evaluated as Teamtype. I doubt that ini reading will differentiate becase of a different trigger. And adapting that seems like quite a mess...

Hi Nyerguds,

Just out of curiosity, really not necessary now:

- Is it possible to create SCG/SCB codes to NA and SA, say like you have SCG999EA, SCG999WA, SCG999XA, SCG999NA and SCG999SA

(I got it from E=east, W=west, X=don't know, doesn't matter or center, N=North and S=South) giving us a set of 25 missions;

- Is there a limit at 15, for example?

Problem is, the more I add, the larger the chance on more collision in the mix name algorithm becomes. Meaning, more files that can't be saved in mix files together. Also, I made the extra one 'X' because they will remain sorted alphabetically that way. N doesn't come after 'X'.

hi,

Playing SCG 167 - Ambush, I got a crash, check file attached.

The thing that drove my att in triggers section was this one:

NOD14=Player Enters,Reinforce.,0,BadGuy,NOD14,0

Do you know if the excess of characters in the trigger name crashes the mission or just don't activate the trigger?

post-7289-0-24285900-1408218625_thumb.png

Edited by Chimas

When the game loads a trigger, it copies the first's 5 characters of it's name to an trigger structure, then places a NULL character terminator at the 5th position.

So, NOD14 will now be NOD1 . If there are a NOD1 trigger, then you got trouble.

Not sure if it can cause a crash... but the first thing to do is definitely shortening it and seeing if that solves it.

Hi Nyerguds,

Do you know if the Tiberium distribution of TI1 up to TI12 is UNIFORM (LINEAR)?

I'm using a uniform distribution for some calcs, with 0,0833 (1/12) interval, but it doesn't look like that.

What are the stats of the game?

Edited by Chimas

I honestly have no clue about the internals of that, but it seems that on maps, both the used number and the proximity to other tiberium affect the density. If you put down a field of TI01, it'll be a whole field of barely grown pods without any crystals.

Unfortunately, each number is ALSO tied to one graphics set, so putting a full TI12 field would be very monotonous-looking.

Best practice is probably to use higher values in the middle of fields, and lower ones at the outer edges, but making sure to add some kind of local randomizing in it.

I'm gonna create a small map with 12 one-cell fields, gonna harvest manually and see the results.

Edited by Chimas

Hi Nyer, any ETA of next revision or version of your patch? Thanks. :)

I'm currently not really developing on this, to be honest... there's a lot keeping me busy in real life.

^ That... hasn't really changed :-\

lol. Do note, I never tested the playlist beyond 128 entries. I don't have a clue if that ID is always stored as a full 4-byte int.

Well, I reached 128 music entries today, the menu music refused to play, and the game crashed upon starting a level. :P

Is there any way to increase the limit? I always add a few good war tracks here and there when I find them, and it would be a shame if I have reached my limit. I had a handful of new music tracks to add, too!

Edited by Lightning_Hunter

I'm playing Nod's campaign and on mission 12 the GDI attacks and destroy the village.

Is that suppose to happen or has it been fixed already and I'm playing an old version?

Another doubt: in the Nod's briefing mission list there are 12A and 12B, but I haven't found any 12B.

Is there such a mission or is it an exceptio and it's just the same as 12A?

Well, I reached 128 music entries today, the menu music refused to play, and the game crashed upon starting a level. :P

Is there any way to increase the limit? I always add a few good war tracks here and there when I find them, and it would be a shame if I have reached my limit. I had a handful of new music tracks to add, too!

Yeah, but it involves checking every single place where the IDs are used to make sure it's always handled as signed value... and then the limit is still only 256 -_-

Not sure if I can be bothered actually converting it to 4-byte value.

I'm playing Nod's campaign and on mission 12 the GDI attacks and destroy the village.

Is that suppose to happen or has it been fixed already and I'm playing an old version?

It's possible there are still some misaligned alliances in there, yeah...

Another doubt: in the Nod's briefing mission list there are 12A and 12B, but I haven't found any 12B.

Is there such a mission or is it an exceptio and it's just the same as 12A?

There never was a 12b. Must be a mistake.

Also in that mission: why gunbotas never fire at anything? I destroyd the whole Nod base and saved boats but they are useless. In Nod campaign gunboats is the most powerful and dangerous units

The mission exists purely to show off the Obelisk. They're fodder.

Apparently, Gunboats are completely useless when reinforced in the middle of a mission. Their weapon refuses to function. On top of that, the game has code specifically to make them die from one laser shot, which shouldn't do enough damage for that.

another thing that bugs me alot but I'm not sure that is fixable is misaligned score screen. am I the only one who noticed this?

0a17621e30753310531d6e6b96ba05ff.jpg

also I strongly remember killing nod buggy in 1 gdi mission but while making this shot I didn't encounter it

So, I know the problem with the Orca's ignoring the command to attack has been discussed before, but this is ridiculous! I uploaded a video to show just how stupid they are. I couldn't even get enough Orca's to attack an Advanced power plant to destroy it. It seems impossible to get these Orca's to destroy the power plant in this particular mission.

Oh, and it doesn't matter if you put the Orca's in different groups and order them separately. Only 5 Orca's out of 15 are willing to obey the command.

Edited by Lightning_Hunter

Did you try this?

- land them in that hill;

- Attack with 5;

- When they get empty and returns to load, you send 5 more and so on?

another thing that bugs me alot but I'm not sure that is fixable is misaligned score screen. am I the only one who noticed this?

I don't see what's wrong with that pic? The GDI and Nod score screens are simply different...

also I strongly remember killing nod buggy in 1 gdi mission but while making this shot I didn't encounter it

The buggy appears only when you destroy all of the turrets. If you kill all infantry on the map before destroying the final turret, the "Win" status will trigger before the buggy appears.

I don't see what's wrong with that pic? The GDI and Nod score screens are simply different...

There is a blank/black area behind some words ("Casualties", "Nod", GDI" and so on) to make the red text easier to read infront of the red background lines, but the text isnt centered in the field.

post-7428-0-83758400-1438100987_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stygs

I have had trouble playing the Game: I could not select orca fighter in the air while they were attacking a target.

My mamoth and harvester do not regenerate healt.

My commando does not generate health.

My tiberium silos do not leave tiberium patches when they explode. Though that may be good. But it could be used agianst an enemy.

I noticed that nod did not use a single helecopter unit against me. In the original by west wood I built mamoths to defend my base from air attacks.

But I found that it gets buggy with the editor in some instances.

I guess I am saying it is not the original C&C. I notice this game did not have viceroids.

I modded th game and won gdi in a day or two once I made laser tanks.

But other than that I guess I miss the original in some regards. I may have played a different version. But I noticed the game ai gathers more tiberium than the player this may give it a head start. Or is that my immagination as it hits me right away. Ai should scout, and attack with air units until it can build a large army of mixed tank and land units instead it sent harrasing attacks. That were small waves. The misions lookded different from the main game for some reason. But anyway. I guess I picked different maps than in the original by a bit but that may be because I am playing on a laptop wide screen.

Also tiberium should make some trees into tiberium muntant plants in some cases I thought I saw a tree surrounded by tiberium then it changed into one of thes tiberium spore formers.

But I did use the modder to add more ammo to orca and even transports to do damage. It was supprising that it worked. I may try red alert next.

I could not select orca fighter in the air while they were attacking a target.

I think you never actually could

My mamoth and harvester do not regenerate healt.

They do regenerate only to 50%.

My commando does not generate health.

They never did

My tiberium silos do not leave tiberium patches when they explode. Though that may be good. But it could be used agianst an enemy.

I think I remember something similar but not sure.

I noticed that nod did not use a single helecopter unit against me. In the original by west wood I built mamoths to defend my base from air attacks.

Also remember that but it might be from Covert Ops or Red Alert.

I guess I am saying it is not the original C&C. I notice this game did not have viceroids.

Also remember that at least in a demo.

I may have played a different version. But I noticed the game ai gathers more tiberium than the player this may give it a head start.

That's true. 20000 from one harvester IIRC

Or is that my immagination as it hits me right away. Ai should scout, and attack with air units until it can build a large army of mixed tank and land units instead it sent harrasing attacks. That were small waves. The misions lookded different from the main game for some reason. But anyway. I guess I picked different maps than in the original by a bit but that may be because I am playing on a laptop wide screen.

That also might be from Red Alert or Covert. Ops.

Travis Moore:

Honestly, I think you're just thinking of the wrong game. All that sounds like Tiberian Sun. C&C1 never had any of these things. Heck, Red Alert doesn't even have a lot of them. The things you mention there simply weren't developed into the game engine before Tiberian Sun.

You can't select units in the air; you just have to give them team numbers before they take off. The AI never attacks you with helicopters; they are just base guard units with a rather large guard range. The AI never rebuilds destroyed air units, though it does repair them on service depots. Those air units are the only thing the AI ever uses service depots for, though. The only auto-healing unit in the game is the Mammoth tank, and it only heals to 50%. You cannot heal any infantry in any way in C&C1. The only infantry immune to tiberium is the chem warrior. Neither Red Alert 1 nor C&C1 have buildings or units that leave behind harvestable resources when they die. Dune II does have that, though.

There is a visceroid unit in C&C1, but it doesn't spawn from dead infantry on tiberium, but instead just randomly spawns in multiplayer. It never, ever appears in single player, not even in the demo.

It also looks vastly different from the TS one.

visceroid_shadow.gifchemspray-2.gif

The visceroid heals on tiberium, but very, very slowly.

MilkeyWilkey:

The Covert Operations adds nothing to the game in terms of game AI or even units. It is really just a missions pack.

My patch adds all official extra missions to the New Missions menu. Those are The Covert Operations, the Special Operations from the Playstation version of the game, the Special Operations from the Nintendo64 version of the game, and the hidden dinosaur minicampaign, which I've added in both its Nod and GDI variant.