Nyerguds

1.06c development topic

That won't be necessary. On second thought, it seems I wouldn't understand much of it anyway lol

Thanks guys.

Eh. It's just like writing asm code, only the framework automatically fits the bytes into the exe for me instead of me having to do it manually.

Hmm, this sounds like an interesting type of port. Good luck!

Sorry, don't think he made any kind of web page for it.

Well, there's this: https://github.com/hifi/ra303p . Assuming this is the same "framework", that there is the framework+asm hacks for RA1

Ah yeah, you're right, they're in the tools/ folder there. Still uncompiled though :P

You mean anyone with a little programming experience ^^'

I'm a translator, I'll pass lol.

Welp, patch is ready, but I'm a bit ill, so it might take a few days to get the manuals converted to html and all that. Also, releasing on the first of April didn't seem like a good idea :3

That's true. XD Please get better soon Nyer!

Will you need me to update British? I assume that one is pretty much okay as is though.

Wasn't much that needed updating though. I seem to be missing the "Too many players" string for the Brazillian pack though.

Feel Better Nyerguds!

You mean anyone with a little programming experience ^^'

I'm a translator, I'll pass lol.

Try downloading MinGW. You will find it easier than you think. Or try GCC on a real *nix, even easier than that.

Yes. Because unix or linux are what one would typically describe as "easier" <_<

Welp, patch is ready, but I'm a bit ill, so it might take a few days to get the manuals converted to html and all that. Also, releasing on the first of April didn't seem like a good idea :3

Agreed :P

But you could have done something like "I'm dropping C&C to make a Starcraft patch" lol

lol. Nice idea, except... not very believable, since Blizzard really never stopped supporting Starcraft. The latest SC1 patch is from 2009 :P

MinGW or GCC in Windows is painful. Good luck compiling there!

Nyerguds: Betas?

MinGW or GCC in Windows is painful. Good luck compiling there!

Yes, in most cases this is, but I am pretty sure this was developed with MinGW.

Yes. Because unix or linux are what one would typically describe as "easier" <_<

Installing software with lots of dependencies? undoubtedly easier with APT. I honestly find Windows harder to use than Ubuntu.

Silly argument. Windows software generally has no dependencies, or conveniently includes them all. Linux is definitely not an easy system to use for those not used to it, and the very EXISTENCE of the system of program dependencies definitely doesn't make this easier.

Anyway, stop talking about Linux and compiling stuff and C programming in my patch dev topic, or I'm going to have to clean this topic out -_-

#include <forum.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int cleanforum()
{
int i; /* post number */
char poststring[maxletters][numberofpost];	
for (i = 0; i < numberofpost; i++)
   {
        if ( poststing[i] == useless)
             deleteit(&poststring[i]);		
  }
  return 0;
}

:P

Anyway, v106patch will be opensource now? A good way to study asm code :D.

The problems is that the hifi's "Make" script do not have commands for the Windows's mingw and nasm. That would make it easy to compile under Windows. I had to make some changes in the script to make CnCNet buildable in Windows.

As Nyerguds asked, Let's stop talking about Linux, C and all stuff like this in this forum.

Edited by pichorra

It's going to take quite some work before I got all my hacks rewritten as clean asm code in his system. And when I'm done with that, next step is implementing all those ini rules. Interesting times ahead... might even be 1.07 :)

Silly argument. Windows software generally has no dependencies, or conveniently includes them all. Linux is definitely not an easy system to use for those not used to it, and the very EXISTENCE of the system of program dependencies definitely doesn't make this easier.

I find it a problem for me, but perhaps that's because I use a lot of *nix programs. Maybe lack of a consistent, reliable way to update programs would be a better example. [i'll stop now.]

Anyway, stop talking about Linux and compiling stuff and C programming in my patch dev topic, or I'm going to have to clean this topic out -_-

I could see that coming ;)

The patch is released. Have fun with it :)

Great, thank you !

If I may ask, why haven't you released the video packs yet ?

We talked about it some time ago :

Yes, I got installers ready for the video packs, and I got all videos in English, French, German, Japanese and even an unofficial Russian dub on my hard disk. I might ask your help to translate the strings for the installer, though it's possible I already did it myself.

EDIT : Huh... May 2011, time sure flies lol

Edited by Kamikave

Time Flies when you don't need it, but slow down when you are bored. (True!)

Contdown to bugs started at 17:14 :D

SWEET! (you should update Moddb). Also, how different is the Desura installer from the NSIS one?

I HAVE updated moddb. They just haven't approved my files and news post yet -_-

I'll leave the big announcement until they appear.

As for the Desura stuff, moddb throws those things on without even asking. I have no idea how they handle that stuff. I never uploaded anything besides my original installers, though.

Great, thank you !

If I may ask, why haven't you released the video packs yet ?

We talked about it some time ago :

Gah, I keep forgetting about those. They're just a bother to upload, being about half a gigabyte each. X_x

It's okay. I'd offer my help, but then you would have to send me the files, which doesn't help in the end lol