Sign in to follow this  
Predator

Files

Hello guys, I have TibEd 2.1a and I created a small modification of C&C: Generals Zero Hour (:zh:). When I'm going to release it, I need the mod files. Where to find them? Where are they stored? :huh:

Edited by Predator

Are they BIG files? If so they're placed in a special folder under your Generals folder..

Oh, thanks! I'm new. ^_^

I found the files but how to make them work? I placed the BIG files on the Zero Hour folder. Because the people won't download the program and press "Play mod" :lol:

Sorry for the stupid question.

Edited by Predator

It's Ok, You can use Generals Mod Selector when your mod is done because it allows you to easily use your mods, And It's very important that you don't have any mods installed while using the Generals Mod Selector..

by the way Welcome to the forums..

Yes, yes but I'm trying to to make a launcher. Otherwise, the other people will have to download the Mod Selector? I have no problems with selecting the mod. The mod doesn't work through the generals.exe. I know I miss something. I'm a noob. ;)

By selecting "Export to game" from the toolbar, your mod will be exported so it is usable by Generals Mod Selector or BFME Mod Launcher. It will show up with the name and information you can find in "Mod Settings" in the edit window.

After exporting, your mod is not enabled. It is merely sitting there, until you actually use it. To use your mod, launch "Generals Mod Selector". This program allows you to play one of your mods, or the normal game. No more problems with having multiple mods installed: the launcher handles this properly, it launches the game with the special '-mod' switch present in Generals. If you do not run the game through the launcher, it will run the normal game..

Ok, that's okay. Can I create just a simple .exe that starts the mod? I tried adding " -mod" after the target. No other way to launch the game? Sorry for the bad english speaking.

Ok, that's okay. Can I create just a simple .exe that starts the mod? I tried adding " -mod" after the target. No other way to launch the game? Sorry for the bad english speaking.

I don't know what mod you're trying to make, If you mean getting started here is some simple tips If you need them:

1-Launch TibEd 2 and select a game, like Generals or Zero Hour.

2-Check that the game folder below the game list has been properly detected. Be sure to correct it if needed.

3-You can select a project template from the template list. The "Default project" is selected by default, this is what you will normally use.

4-Press the "Start" button to make your project.

5-You will be asked for a name for your mod, please make sure to use a unique name! See notes below if you want to know why this name should be unique for your project.

6-On the main window toolbar, select "Open window". This will bring up the place where you will do most of your editing: The Edit window.

7-In the edit tree on the left side of the edit window, you can find all the things you can edit. When you select something from the tree, an editor for this item will be shown on the right side of the screen.

Oh dude, sorry. I mean the launch file. I have no problems with editing. I wanted to know how will people start the mod. Will they need the Mod Selector? And thank you for the answers. You are great! :)

Once you have the BIG file, it's packaged in the same way most mods are. You don't have to use Generals Mod Selector (there are other tools on the internet as well), and you can definitely launch the game with special command-line options to avoid using the mod selector. Just be sure to put your mod in a subfolder of the Generals or Zero Hour game, and use the correct switch to launch it (Google it).