Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

C&C Battlezone for Yuri's Revenge Released

Old school gamers from the 1980's may recall the old wire-frame graphics arcade game by the name of Battlezone. Ever wondered what it would be like if it were a top down style game and had more than one tank? Wonder no more because now you play the C&C Battlezone mod for Yuri's Revenge, released and created by YurisArmy. Check out this short video to see how looks.

C&C Battlezone has no story though, its strictly for skirmish and online multiplayer. If you want to try for yourself, check out this thread in the Project Perfect Mod forums.

I think it looks horrible. :(

Maybe it's the YouTube quality.

I think it looks horrible. :(

Maybe it's the YouTube quality.

I thought it's the graphics quality. I can barely see the units fighting each other.

Edited by purplescrin

Guest Stevie_K

Of course it's a whole lot different when you play it. The video is very bad quality. I'm sure it looks delicious when the screen resolution is optimized.

Brilliant idea to port this over, fresh air on a orignal TC.

Never played the game but this is an interesting concept. It's really hard to distinguish all the different units etc in the video - so it needs so refinement in contrasting colours or perhaps thickness of unit/building lines to distinguish background more.

Screen shots....

BZ055_004.png

BZ0564_002.png

BZ0564_001.png

Eh... unless you are obsessed with Battlezone, that is really bad... :mellow:

But... it would be so easy to mod! :D

BZ055_004.png

Looked for some original images to compare...

Atari_BattleZone_Screenshot.gif

battlezone.gifbattlezone_arcade.jpg

battlezone.gif

So for me, the game would be infinitely more appealing if they cleaned up the landscape and just made it empty like the original.

Lol, retro stuff! Gotta try that once I'm free!

Edited by Malevolence

Eh... unless you are obsessed with Battlezone, that is really bad... :mellow:

No it isn't, it's a great and original idea, the only things that bring it down are the Infantry graphics, those are actually horrible to look at. Something doesn't have to have perfect graphics in every criteria to be good or fun to play (which I know sounds strange coming from me of all people).

No it isn't, it's a great and original idea, the only things that bring it down are the Infantry graphics, those are actually horrible to look at.

The tanks and buildings look ok, but the terrain, infantry, and explosions (due to being a completely different style) are cringe-worthy, and that makes it bad.

Something doesn't have to have perfect graphics in every criteria to be good or fun to play (which I know sounds strange coming from me of all people).

I do agree, I still sometimes play Gameboy games, this however, looks like it would make my eyes hurt if I played it for more than ten minutes.