Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Starcraft II release

Starcraft II release  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy Starcraft II once it's released?

• Yes
    • No
    • Rather wait later.

In two weeks the release of this epic game shall own the RTS gaming once again. But chances of this game be better than HL2 and COH can be challenging. As for me, I won't be buying this game for another several years unless the price drops or the game releases as a compilation game pack with two expansions. Besides I never play Starcraft before. :mellow:

JimRaynor in GR.org posted an article regarding that Blizzard did indeed worked on a mysterious LAN package for SCII when people are already screaming for the missing feature in SCII:

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/port...t-2-lan-package

....and then it gets even better. He posted an article about SCII having possibly beating a one-day record on all time PC sales:

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/port...642748&home

Also in case if you didn't know, the budget of developing this SCII game now ties up with GTA4 and Red Dead Redemption:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180434

Chances are great that SCII sales numbers will beat EA's "The Sims" which is still standing at over 16 million units sold as a PC game. The original Starcraft (including expansion pack) got over 11 million units sold.

Last but not least, the reviews for SCII (average percentage now ties up with Company of Heroes):

Metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/starcraf...s?num_items=100

PC Gamer (not yet included in Metacritic): http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/08/11/starcraft-2-review/

New update: first expansion pack for SCII is now 18 months away.

http://kotaku.com/5658610/starcraft-iis-ne...d-18-months-out

Edited by purplescrin

Guest Stevie_K

I'll definitely buy it in the first week of release. I'm eager to support the amount of quality this game is made of, and help kick some life back into the PC game industry. We see countless cheap spin-off games all the time that aren't worth half of their price. It's truly a shame.

I have no interest in this.

That is not to say I dislike the franchise, I am indifferent, and I don't spend money on indifference.

As for me, I won't be buying this game for another several years unless the price drops or the game releases as a compilation game pack with two expansions. Besides I never play Starcraft before. :mellow:

I have no interest in this.

That is not to say I dislike the franchise, I am indifferent, and I don't spend money on indifference.

What these two people said ^

If I have the money, I am so getting it. I've been waiting for a sequel for waaaaaaaaaay too long.

Pre-ordered it last month. ^_^

Never played the original so... meh. I might end up playing it one day.

Hmm, I'm not sure when I might get it. In any case though I need to replay SCI and Brood War first to refresh the story in my mind.

Rather wait later for some reasons :badpc::P ..

Guest Stevie_K
Hmm, I'm not sure when I might get it. In any case though I need to replay SCI and Brood War first to refresh the story in my mind.

Just read it :) I think SCII offers a lot of introduction as well.

Zero or little interest in getting Starcraft II.... well none at all to be honest. Got bored with Starcraft many years ago and the sequel has come about 5-7 years to late I feel.

Blizzard isn't like everyone else. They don't just cut out a release of a sequel in a year or two after the previous game was released. This is perfect timing for StarCraft 2. Any sooner and it wouldn't have been as epic.

Blizzard isn't like everyone else. They don't just cut out a release of a sequel in a year or two after the previous game was released.

Yeah, although it’s annoying being forced to wait, at least Blizzard's games aren't sub-par and put on the shelves with fifty thousands bugs still present.

It's unfortunate EA doesn't operate this way, C&C4 could have been "epic" too.

Better late than junk.

Guest Stevie_K
It's unfortunate EA doesn't operate this way, C&C4 could have been "epic" too.

True that. Should have been kept it as a Korean online experiment (or whatever it was originally).

Quality over quantity.

:thumbsup: Sick of how big parts of the gaming industry works the other way around!

Quantity isn't a big deal, but it's almost like everything released these days is just built and shipped in six to eight months. Production companies should be spending a little more time on their really big games, or franchises.

I havent seen this game yet so i will rather wait because im not intresting in this game right now, maybe later.

I grew up with C&C and StarCraft so off-course I'm going to buy SC2, I even have it pre-ordered. And I've played the beta a few times, it seems great. Even in the early beta stages it had the quality of a "finished" game.

This is perfect timing for StarCraft 2. Any sooner and it wouldn't have been as epic.

I dunno, twelve years is an awful long wait. Maybe six or seven, but it's been so long that I stopped paying attention to Starcraft and I don't remember most of the story IIRC (hence why I need to re-play it). I would die if it took BioWare that long to make Mass Effect 3.

I dunno, twelve years is an awful long wait. Maybe six or seven, but it's been so long that I stopped paying attention to Starcraft and I don't remember most of the story IIRC (hence why I need to re-play it). I would die if it took BioWare that long to make Mass Effect 3.

Truth.

While I know I still care about Diablo III and that has been 10 years (still with no official release date yet).

Why?

Because Diablo II was a game of such high quality and post-release support that I still play it. Something you haven't seen even coming close in C&C since... well, you know when.

I just don't care about SCII because I don't care about SC.

You at least understand that waiting isn't a big deal and a follow up to a great game needs time to be finely crafted.

EEEPIIC TRAILERRRR!

mmmmmmmmmm 1080p. No wonder it took them 12 years. It must have taken them a day to render each movie frame.

Edited by Mighty BOB!