Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Starcraft II release

Starcraft II release  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy Starcraft II once it's released?

• Yes
    • No
    • Rather wait later.

No. She's just a bitch.

Yeah. Bitches are bitches, with or without clothing. Without would make it better to stand her, though :P

... apart from being on the other side of the 'fence' she didn't tick me off. Maybe I missed something?

She had a good cut-scene to end her story though!

:)

I was actually more surprised that after reading through walkthroughs and screenshots of SCII, Blizzard still failed to put in support powers in a RTS game. Both Relic, EALA and other RTS developers did to their games. SCII could have been more fun if support powers are put ingame. No wonder why COH is still better than SCII imo.

I was actually more surprised that after reading through walkthroughs and screenshots of SCII, Blizzard still failed to put in support powers in a RTS game. Both Relic, EALA and other RTS developers did to their games. SCII could have been more fun if support powers are put ingame. No wonder why COH is still better than SCII imo.

No support powers? What do you call MULEs, warp gates etc. then? There are a lot of "support powers" in SC2...everything from creep expansion to larva...

Blizzard still failed to put in support powers in a RTS game. Both Relic, EALA and other RTS developers did to their games.

A failure is when you try, but don't succeed. You cannot fail if you don't try.

And why the @#$%&? is Blizzard required to add support powers just because other RTSs are doing it? That is what is generally referred to as "ripping off" here in the gamer's world.

You are quite possibly the most ignorant person I have had the displeasure of meeting.

You are quite possibly the most ignorant person I have had the displeasure of meeting.

I'd have to agree.

I don't. Blytwo wins that contest.

I haven't played much skirmish/multiplayer... but I assume that's what Purplescrin is referring too not the SP.

Meh... I don't really like support powers.

I think Westwood era C&C games got the balance best... 1 destructive 1 tactical.

Generals onwards... the support powers just got crazy... a bit like score multipliers in the Lego games.

If some of you guys played Company of Heroes, you would know by now that COH is more complex than SCII in terms of gameplay, mechanics, quality and features. COH remains unique for its game engine (from most games) due to the way on how you move on the battlefield with pathfinding, zooming and camera rotation. As for support powers in COH, they are rather good to use.

I have played CoH before. It was good, but it's no StarCraft II. For a few main reasons: CoH is World War 2 and it's a squad-based RTS. StarCraft 2, on the other hand, is not squad-based, based on its own ****ing lore and is worth playing over and over again. CoH is worth a few playthroughs, unless you're a diehard fan. StarCraft 2... well... it's worth a lot of playthroughs.

If some of you guys played Company of Heroes, you would know by now that COH is more complex than SCII in terms of gameplay, mechanics, quality and features. COH remains unique for its game engine (from most games) due to the way on how you move on the battlefield with pathfinding, zooming and camera rotation. As for support powers in COH, they are rather good to use.

Company of Hero's sure does look nice, but pathfinding etc. can be discussed. The pathfinding of SC2 is great, my units actually does what I tell them to, no C&C harvester syndrome. I don't understand what you mean with "quality", CoH wasn't exactly "bug free" when it was released.

Just FYI, CoH and Dawn of War have a lot in common, everything from cover to the camera. CoH isn't the only RTS Relic has made.

For the support powers. In SC2 you are required to use support powers every game or else you will loose. A Terran which doesn't use MULEs is a dead Terran, same for a Zerg which doesn't use Queens to hatch extra larva or expand creep.

SC2 might look easy on the surface but as with many RTS'es, when you dig deeper the game gets more and more complex. Just watch a few games from professional players. And yes they are professional as in they have SC2 as their job...

Most support powers in most games are unbalanced, useless or just plain unnecessary. But that's just my 2 cents :P

I would disagree. I like support powers in Zero Hour. They added a new dynamic to the gameplay that C&Cs before it didn't really have and that was a good thing. They really were able to slightly help with people who turtled like noobs. But then they went crazy with them in Tiberium Wars, but managed them nicely in RA3. It's strange what EA designers do sometimes.

I played SC2, wasn't my type of game. My opinion ain't shared by anyone though. I have to admit however, the campaign was very fun. But the battle.net requirement was very lame, it was worse than C&C4's.

any good starcraft communities? I'm looking for one that is for starcraft what cncnz is for c&c, you know any?

edit:

this seams good enough

edit2:

http://forums.sc2mapster.com/

StarCraft Legacy is a good one, so is StarCraft Arena

I played SC2, wasn't my type of game. My opinion ain't shared by anyone though. I have to admit however, the campaign was very fun. But the battle.net requirement was very lame, it was worse than C&C4's.

How? In SC2 you could at least play offline without an Internet connection.

Did you heard HotS maybe 18months away!?!

Linky pinky!

18 months is still way to long for me to wait. :(

Guest Stevie_K

18 months? That seems like a long time considering the engine is already there.

Link would be nice.

Update in the first page. The new news link from Kotaku proves that.

18 months is still a very long time. I mean all they are going to be doing is developing some new mission MAPS, and some fancy FMVs and such... But 18 months seems way to excessive...

And this is why I hate Blizzard. :(