Sign in to follow this  
neogrant

Playing Red Alert 2 Over the Internet

This guide will instruct you as to how to play Red Alert 2 over the Internet.

As of Current, Red Alert 2 is run by the community server XWIS. EA sponsor the community server to maintain an anti cheat enviroment whilst you play online.

You can access realtime ladders by visiting XWIS, or their Official Support forum here.

Instructions on how to play:

Download Red Alert 2 Log into the XWIS Control Panel, Add a Red Alert 2 serial and create a nick. If you don't have a serial, buy one legally from SerialCafe.

Start the game as administrator. Click Internet. Click Custom Match.

Enter the XWIS nickname you created in the control panel, along with the XWIS password also supplied.

Enjoy!

Source

I already thought it was easy.

Yup, but the process has changed slighty.

If I have to go to that control panel, it has not become easier. There would be more steps than before.

If you don't have a serial, buy one legally from SerialCafe.

Do you mean if I lost my serial or what?

If I have to go to that control panel, it has not become easier. There would be more steps than before.

I'm only updating the cnc community on how to play online XWIS, also to any staff that instruct anyone new this is the new way. So its to benefit new users too as well the old schoolers.

The control panel manages the maps you want to use in QM, for Yuri's revenge and Red Alert 2. It has a global password for all your nicknames, this is applied to all new nicknames registered in the CP. This can be reset too. You can manage your clans, invite players and join without the invite code now. A few things are changing for the better, its a step in the right direction with this new control panel.

Do you mean if I lost my serial or what?

Yep.

Edited by neogrant

I already have an account so it doesn't affect me really, but what was so tough about loading the game, going to Internet and putting in a user name and password? I never saw the problem there. Simple and to the point. No website bull****, just right in and right out.

Although I don't play Yuri's Revenge online anymore, I have to agree with DD on this one, adding steps and/or extra programs is a massive turn off when it comes to playing a game online. Simple as they may be.

Although I don't play Yuri's Revenge online anymore, I have to agree with DD on this one, adding steps and/or extra programs is a massive turn off when it comes to playing a game online. Simple as they may be.

No extra programs, same steps as before but in a browser.

I'd rather just login to my game and do it in there. Anything extra is an immediate turn off. That's why I stick to Hamachi...

Actually my serial number is not working what's wrong??!!

Actually my serial number is not working what's wrong??!!

What error messages are you getting?

Have you registered it into the control panel? :)

P.s sorry for not seeing this earlier I was on holiday.

Edited by neogrant

What error messages are you getting?

Have you registered it into the control panel? :)

P.s sorry for not seeing this earlier I was on holiday.

1-"Wrong serial number".

2-How to do that?

If the form is yellow, check you have entered your serial correctly (without dashes - )

You will need to sign in with your strike-team account, then you will be able to add your serial.

Hope this helps.

If the form is yellow, check you have entered your serial correctly (without dashes - )

:) Oh the control panel yeah I know it I know it.

Yeah the form was yellow but I don't remember I wrote it with dashes or not I'll check it.

Thanks Neogrant..

I tried but it didn't work ..

Did the serial register, or are you still having problems logging in with the same error message?

Install this http://xwis.net/downloads/XWISC.exe Once open, click serials and see which serial you have installed.

Edited by neogrant

Did the serial register, or are you still having problems logging in with the same error message?

Install this http://xwis.net/downloads/XWISC.exe Once open, click serials and see which serial you have installed.

I still have the problem, thanks I'll try this ..

Now I tried that I found my Ra 2 and YR serials then I did Copy>>paste but it didn't work and the form still yellow!

You will have to make a topic over at strike-team for Olaf to take a look, explaining the steps you've taken and why the serial isn't being accepted.

Have you shared your serial with anyone?

Have you shared your serial with anyone?

Maybe that's the problem!!

:doh: He took my CD, I missed that point that means I should buy new serial right? :doh:

*facepalm*

Indeed ..

:doh: He took my CD, I missed that point that means I should buy new serial right? :doh:

Indeed ..

Yea chances are the serial has been banned, or it has already been registered in the control panel to which you can only register it once.