Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

C&C 4 Still Holding Strong in the Sales Charts

Lets face it Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight is not greatest C&C game ever made but I guess its somewhat encouraging to see that 4 months after it's initial release, Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight, is still in the top 10 and holding on to the 6th spot according the ELSPA. This sales chart is for the week ending July 24, 2010 in the United Kingdom/Europe.

cc4_news.png

1. (1) The Sims 3: Ambitions (8)
  2. (2) The Sims 3 (60)
  3. (8) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (21)
  4. (4) World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King (89)
  5. (3) The Sims 3 World Adventures (36)
  6. (5) Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight (19)
  7. (6) Sniper: Ghost Warrior (4)
  8. (-) The Sims 2 (200)
  9. (10) ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead (4)
  10. (11) Modern Warfare 2 (37)
There is some other extremely popular other RTS title that releases this week so expect to see that rocket straight to the number 1 spot. Check out the full list at ELSPA for more.

Can't believe this ._. People just buy the game because there is "Command & Conquer" in the box cover, no matter what's inside.

The reason why many fans will probably make noise about this... I'm sorry I have to admit that C&C4 isn't good, and this chart, it doesn't make any sense.

Its not a bad game, IF you're not a C&C fan. :)

I found it strange when it hit number 1 two weeks in a row after its release, but that it is still this high confuses me...

I don't know about that... I kept an open mind while playing the beta, but I found it just plain boring.

Even not regarding the story, the game was still **** to play.

Do anyone play the game online anymore? Or do people just buy it for the singleplayer part?

I haven't played for months.

I do not believe that C&C4 could possibly be doing that well. It's a complete flop and I don't believe this list is correct.

I would need to see how ELSPA come to these conclusions and how realistically accurate it actually is.

C&C4 boxes are stacked up in the corner of the game stores over here. Nobody is buying it all. It's even been in the bargain bin next to the checkouts for 7 quid and after weeks of being there, they're still piled up..

I have no reason to believe this is different anywhere else. I spoke to the staff about it and they said the same thing, it jsut isn't selling and it's cluttering their store.

Edited by Proudy

We want sales numbers for C&C4, not rank!

Even people are now starting to question how did that website get such info out of this without sales numbers.

How the hell is Modern Warfare 2 positioned lower then C&C4? And how can The Sims be 4 times in this list? I wonder with what facts they made this list, because this doesn't really represent the top11 games...

I don't think they have their measurement methodology anywhere on their site.

Can't believe this ._. People just buy the game because there is "Command & Conquer" in the box cover, no matter what's inside.

or, god forbid, some people actually enjoy the game!

This.

or, god forbid, some people actually enjoy the game!

Not really a 'god forbid' sort of a thing, merely unbelievable. Only 4.4% of reviewers on Amazon.com gave it 4 or 5 stars, 87.8% gave it 1 star.

Well, if this is true then at least EA Danger Close will have enough money to keep rebuilding the C&C team.

But we definitly need numbers, I cant believe Chaos Rising, for example, it's not in the list.

Well I'm surprised by this high position, but I admit I'm also surprised to seeing it for full price still in the big retail chains here in Sydney last week. So the latter gives some credence to the former.

Of course this is meaningless without numbers to compare...

Well, if this is true then at least "EA Danger Close" will have enough money to keep rebuilding the C&C team.

EA Danger Close is a temporarily new studio name for the Medal of Honor team, not the entire EALA team. A chance that the studio may revive C&C may be too early to tell. Maybe very soon EALA will start rehiring new developers for C&C.

Not really a 'god forbid' sort of a thing, merely unbelievable. Only 4.4% of reviewers on Amazon.com gave it 4 or 5 stars, 87.8% gave it 1 star.

I would imagine nearly 100 percent of that 87.8 percent is rabid fanboys who hate EA and rated it poorly without playing it. I don't even trust Amazon.com reviews most of the time because there is no screening criteria. Just because those idiots said it sucks doesn't mean everyone is the same, nor does it mean everyone who bought the game commented at Amazon. So yeah... not a great metric for measuring success honestly.

Still holding strong?

I bet they counted the ones they gave out for free :P

I would imagine nearly 100 percent of that 87.8 percent is rabid fanboys who hate EA and rated it poorly without playing it. I don't even trust Amazon.com reviews most of the time because there is no screening criteria. Just because those idiots said it sucks doesn't mean everyone is the same, nor does it mean everyone who bought the game commented at Amazon. So yeah... not a great metric for measuring success honestly.

Well if you'd like to test that theory simply go and compare it with the Amazon ratings for the other EA produced C&C titles like C&C3 and the expansion. I think you'll find that the "fanboy" element is fairly weak there in comparison and that alone surely serves as something of a barometer for the general feeling toward this title.

An interesting fact about sales. I read that the pre-orders alone for StarCraft II were over 6 million... that would put SC sales ahead of at least the last 4 C&C titles put together. Says something about Blizzards quality over quantity approach doesn't it? And it says even more about EA's quantity rules approach...