Sonic

New CNCNZ.com|C&C365 Poll: Announcement of the Next C&C

A new months means a new poll. And for this poll we are borrowing a question from our recent Roundtable. Our Roundtable panel had their say so now its your turn. When do you think the next C&C will be announced? Will it be later this year, some time next year or maybe the announcement is even further away, like 2012.

If your reading this update on the main page just look to your right and vote in the poll box, if your reading this via the forums click here to cast your vote. And, as always, don't forget to share any feedback or comments about this poll as well.

51.png

Here are the results of our previous poll, What's Next for Command & Conquer? 41% of the voters want to see a sequel to C&C Generals, closely followed by a reboot of the franchise. The full results of this poll can be found right here.

I think we're in for a long wait, so earliest I think would be late next year. Most likely 2012 though.

2012, the year the world ends. :o Perhaps because the game will be so good existence itself will cease to be? Ominous no? :P

I'll say 2012 and beyond, until EALA gets a new C&C team.

I'm gonna say we get an announcement in early 2011, and then the release will be mid-late 2012. And since EALA actually listened to the C&C fans for the next installment of C&C shortly after the release the universe will implode.

I prefer a sweet long good time and pure quality just like how Blizzard did with Starcraft 2.
This. A new universe with a well-thought out storyline and attention to detail throughout the game would be awesome. No need to change the core gameplay from C&C-style, but there are PLENTY of things that can be changed without hurting that (as the above-mentioned one shows). Edited by F15pilotX

I've been browsing the franchises that Goodman is covering and now I guess that the next C&C will be a Play4Free game (Or C&C4 will have a Play4Free mode without campaign). So, it should take less time to be done than most of us expect. And of course, it will be an online multiplayer only game and not moddable.

Mid 2011, I wished to say 2012 but... its EA. They want profits, so pushing it as early as mid 2011 is very possible.

Mid 2011, I wished to say 2012 but... its EA. They want profits, so pushing it as early as mid 2011 is very possible.

Rush the game again? No way we're going to look into that! C&C3 was awesome when we look at it, but remember how Greg Black told us about the numerous problems during development. If that problem happens all over again, shall we bury the franchise and never let EALA make another one again?

Like I & many had said, "Pure Quality or early money profit? If you want to beat Blizzard, then follow their examples when money is not the thing you must worry about."

Hopefully never...

But if EA still wants to make C&Cs, I think it will be sometime next year.