Sign in to follow this  
CnC_Thomas

What is your favorite RTS universe?

What is your favorite RTS universe?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite RTS universe?

• Tiberium Universe
    • Red Alert Universe
    • Generals Universe
    • WarCraft Universe
    • StarCraft Universe
    • Age of Empires Universe
    • Age of Mythology Universe
    • Krush, Kill 'n' Destroy Universe
    • Rise of Nations Universe
    • Dawn of War Universe
    • Dune Universe
    • Supreme Commander Universe

I was thinking about all the RTS-games that I've played and what universe I actually enjoyed the most. It kinda got me thinking about what universe the CNCNZ.com people favor the most (most likely a C&C universe :rolleyes: ) and I wonder what u guys vote the most.

Note: I am not picking all universes, just the ones I played. Also, I'm only picking ones for the PC.

U can pick between:

Tiberium Universe - Tiberian Dawn + The Covert Operations, Tiberian Sun + Firestorm, Tiberium Wars + Kane's Wrath, Tiberian Twilight

Red Alert Universe - Red Alert + Counterstrike + The Aftermath, Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge, Red Alert 3 + Uprising

Generals Universe - Generals + Zero Hour

WarCraft Universe - WarCraft: Orcs & Humans, WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness + Beyond the Dark Portal, WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos + The Frozen Throne

StarCraft Universe - StarCraft + Brood War, StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Age of Empires Universe - Age of Empires + The Rise of Rome, Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings + The Conquerors, Age of Empires III + The WarChiefs + The Asian Dynasties

Age of Mythology Universe - Age of Mythology + The Titans

Krush, Kill 'n' Destroy Universe - KKnD + KKnD Xtreme, KKnD 2: Krossfire

Rise of Nations Universe - Rise of Nations + Thrones and Patriots, Rise of Legends

Dawn of War Universe - Dawn of War + Winter Assault + Dark Crusade + Soulstorm

Dune Universe - Dune II, Dune 2000, Empire: Battle for Dune

Supreme Commander Universe - Supreme Commander + Forged Alliance, Supreme Commander 2

I wonder what universe u liked the most, I'm sure that most of the ones u have played are in here. I hope I didn't forget any, but these are the ones I myself played for sure, might have been some other ones too.

(If this has already been posted then my fault. If u don't like this poll because u can't choose or because it is too big, then don't post.)

Edited by Tesla Trooper

Can I start a thread for all the RTS's you haven't played?

:)

No Star Wars love???

Polls need some limitation, lest they have hundreds of different options...

Total war?

Anyway, Dawn of War.

I can only pick from the C&C universes. Haven't played or have no interested in the others. So Red Alert it is.

I would say Red Alert and Starcraft. The rest really don't appeal much to me, with the exception of Tiberium.

I would say Red Alert and Starcraft. The rest really don't appeal much to me, with the exception of Tiberium.
This, since Renegade is in the Tiberium universe I suppose.

I also like the Tiberium, Red Alert, Generals, WarCraft, Starcraft, Age of Empires and Age of Mythology universes. Why isn't Company of Heroes in there too, by the way :P

Red Alert Universe. :)

I like everyone, so everyone gets an imaginary +1 vote! :D

If we're only talking about the lore of the universe then Tiberium is my favorite.

Actually Age of Empires Universe & Red Alert Universe but since no votes for Age of Empires so yes Age of Empires :P ..

Guest Stevie_K

Early Tiberium universe. Reminds me of the 90's which I love. The rest of them means nothing to me, except for Red Alert and it's messed up storyline ^_^

Why isn't Company of Heroes in there too, by the way :P

I have never played that game myself, so I didn't think of adding it and if I added a few more then the poll would have gone really big. :mellow: I think it is ok like this.

Edited by Tesla Trooper

Yeah I can easily think of another few more RTS series that are more 'deserving' than some of hte ones listed. Anyway...

I'll go with Dune, its my old favourite and its a shame there aren't any future plans for it. As its truly a rich little universe once you get into it.

Dune II is awesome :)

Dune II is awesome :)

Any Dune is awesome, really ;)

Any Dune is awesome, really ;)

Did you like Emperor: Battle for Dune aswell? I found Emperor: Battle for Dune a very poor sequel and RTS. Oh my, the gameplay was so bad, same for the graphics and everything else. Quit that game after a few hours of trying it out if I'm right, and I never touched it again.

Did you like Emperor: Battle for Dune aswell? I found Emperor: Battle for Dune a very poor sequel and RTS. Oh my, the gameplay was so bad, same for the graphics and everything else. Quit that game after a few hours of trying it out if I'm right, and I never touched it again.

Well it played a lot different and it definitely had some flaws, but it also had a few strong points the other Dunes didn't have. I always felt it was rather underrated, it's really quite a good game.

Well I enjoyed my Emperor experience... but it didn't apparently hold my attention for too long.

The tiberium one has really gone to **** unfortunately. I really like the Myth universe, something a lot of people probably haven't been exposed to. If you haven't looked up Bungie's old RTS before for its Marathon/Halo connections, you should take a look sometime. It's a quality old RTS. Or perhaps, real-time tactical. It is all about effective unit deployment, literally every arrow that misses or manages to hit in a volley makes a different potentially; no bases, no buildings, you're dealing with men versus the undead and neither side is limitless although at times it seems the undead have the advantage.

It sees the last bastions of men on the edge of the continent struggling to fight against what seem to be unstoppable hordes after a long peace has weakened them. It's very atmospheric, and has a lot of background lore and mysteries about it. Not a lot is force-fed storywise, it begins sort of "in the middle" and you just absorb what's going on through it happening as if you already understood, which is kinda nice since sometimes your men are just as uncertain as you are.

The tiberium one has really gone to **** unfortunately.

Sad indeed. Tiberium would have been my pick, but even though I haven't played C&C4 yet, I know the storyline is ineffectual and I just can't manage the respect I once had for it anymore.

Because of this, I have yet to vote. The other series' do not have the same appeal and Red Alert was more enjoyable gameplay-wise due to its crazy disregard for reality, but I far preferred the serious tone of Tiberium over the cheese buffet.

I guess at this point, I am indifferent toward most of these universes. Hopefully whatever EALA does with C&C in the future can tip the balance back in the right direction, but I must admit, if history can be an indicator of anything, doubt in this is merited.

Sad indeed. Tiberium would have been my pick, but even though I haven't played C&C4 yet, I know the storyline is ineffectual and I just can't manage the respect I once had for it anymore.

But thanks to the magical power of denial you can pretend everything after EA took over didn't happen!