Sign in to follow this  
Guest squall

tanya or boris or yuri prime

Tanya is good to destroy building and tanks, but she is invulnerable. 2 Boris and 2 Yuri can take out an entire base, and it would be easier if you have 2 Tanya. But, I don't like using them all to destroy a base, I more like them to guard my base.

I send prime on little scouting missions, collecting an apoc tank here, a prism tower there etc, anything to increase my potential.

But if i do have 3 then i send all, with masses of Yuri stuff to assault a base, Yuri & Boris take out the defences, & tanya finishes the rest, all supported by the best Yuri can muster.

I just dont think Yuri fights fair. So I dont use him. and him with boris when I am up against him.

Guest Dude Man
I just dont think Yuri fights fair. So I dont use him. and him with boris when I am up against him.

Yuri dosen't fight fair? Okay in war there is no FAIR or UNFAIR. There for there is no reason why nobody should think that....

I mean, you are fighting someone and they take over all of your units. tell me that seems fair. I know it is war, but it is also a game.

It's not easy to capture enemy units, you will need a good tactics. Use your brain to capture important thing, such as superweapon wich is ussualy heavy guarded.

Its not as easy as you think being Yuri you know, in fact it makes playing as the other sides look too easy!

Yuri has very poor defence against units, all he has is the gat can (which is good against inf & aircraft but sucks vs tanks) & the psy tower (who attacks Yuri using mind controllable unit?)

Also Yuris units suck, but if you use them right then it can be fun to play as Yuri, & a good stratagest will do well.

His defense in weak, but his mind controlling units is very powerfull against enemy unit. I always build a lot of psychic towers to defend my base. It's both very usefull to stop the enemy invasion and raise your money.

I don't just use psy tower. I always use the maximum advantage of Yuri's mind control ability, I made a lot of Yuri clones and Masterminds. Yuri's UFO is good too, both for destroying unit or steal money from my enemy.

Bah those UFO's are useless... Just throw a few flak tracks out the front of yer base. Least the Kirov can cause some serious damage. You need way to many UFO's to make a serious attack....

It's defense maybe weak, but it's ability is very unique. It can shut down enemy base and steal money. Once the enemy power is down, I send 'em a full scale attack.

By the way, what's bring you here luk3us? Rare to see you around in this forum.

I have seen lots of people who underestimate Ufos get their bases completely wiped out by them. I usually use 6. 2 go for pps & 2 go for money while the other 2 go & destroy stuff. Once i have gotten rid of the WF & Barracks then they have no more AA stuff. Perfect for YP to come in & sell everything

Hmm.... Can't say it's un heard of... I still stand strong on my view that Yuri is weak and useless....

I'm allowed to go where ever I want thank you very much!... cept bars, clubs, not old enough.... But just you lot wait 2 months time!!!! :twisted:

I've wiped out entire bases just using UFOs! It lagged like hell, but I was laughing so much :D

UFO is very unique, it's laser is powerfull, it's ability is great, only it's armor weak. So, I ussualy build UFO not less than 8, with that I can destroy anything easily. When my UFOs have succesfuly enter the enemy base, quickly I target the enemy powerplant to shutdown the enemy power. Then, it's time for Yuri's turn to infiltrate the base, I capture a lot of things with his mind control units.

Guest RA2 Addict

Tanya

Pros: Great at mowing down infantry, can swim, moves a little faster than Boris, cant be mind controlled, can c-4 tanks, can take a lot of abuse, really hot :D

Cons: Has to get in close to use c-4, defenseless on airstrikes and giant squids, snipers can pick her off easily.

Boris

Pros: Great at mowing down infantry, cant be mind controlled, can destroy tanks with that ak-47 hes got, can mig-airstrike buildings and defenses, cool action phrases, cant be mind controlled.

Cons: Cant swim, vulnerable when calling in an airstrike, airstrikes take awhile to call in, aistrikes can fail if there is enough anti aircraft defense, can be overrun by tanks, vulnerable to airstrikes and snipers.

Yuri

Pros:Can mind control infantry, can mind control buildings, can hover with that little floating wheelchair he has, can fry infantry brains at close combat, cant be mind controlled (DUH!)

Cons: Can be overrun easily, vulnerable to airstrikes, would die if fighting the other 3 because he cant mind control them so he is thus screwed :P

i dont know if this has been said but even though i hate the side yuri and i wont use them i think Yuri Prime is by far the best unit, you can walk into their base with a grinder and tower ready grind the mcv when any units come to kill the yuri prime you can grind 3 things at a time while taking over even more buildings and selling them. So not only are you destroying there army and base you are getting rich as ****, a tanya and boris can blow up building and tanks but they dont make money.

Yuri's mind control ability can make you very rich. Just mind control any unit, and then send 'em to the grinder. You will get cash ASAP.

Guest favetvshows1x3
Tanya

Pros: Great at mowing down infantry, can swim, moves a little faster than Boris, cant be mind controlled, can c-4 tanks, can take a lot of abuse, really hot :D

Cons: Has to get in close to use c-4, defenseless on airstrikes and giant squids, snipers can pick her off easily.

Boris

Pros: Great at mowing down infantry, cant be mind controlled, can destroy tanks with that ak-47 hes got, can mig-airstrike buildings and defenses, cool action phrases, cant be mind controlled.

Cons: Cant swim, vulnerable when calling in an airstrike, airstrikes take awhile to call in, aistrikes can fail if there is enough anti aircraft defense, can be overrun by tanks, vulnerable to airstrikes and snipers.

Yuri

Pros:Can mind control infantry, can mind control buildings, can hover with that little floating wheelchair he has, can fry infantry brains at close combat, cant be mind controlled (DUH!)

Cons: Can be overrun easily, vulnerable to airstrikes, would die if fighting the other 3 because he cant mind control them so he is thus screwed :P

So, as you can see, Boris is clearly the best, though I'm not knocking Yuri. He's still awesome. And so is Tanya for certain missions.

really hot :D

Amen to that!

Boris

cool action phrases

Wow! a Boris action figure!

Yuri is the best. END

Yeah, no one can beat him. Yuri is the best heroe. First, he can mind control unit and building, second his mind blast can damage even vehicle and tank, third he can fly over the water so he can sneak up to the enemy base.

Maybe its cause they don't like Yuri players... Which is sort of a shame. But I hate Yuri so it wouldn't worry me if they didn't let em' in to a game.

But since Yuri is so crap I'd let em' in. Just so you could get an easy win.