Sign in to follow this  
Gben

12-core Mac Pro

I might have to sell my house to buy the fully customised Mac Pro...

The top standard-model price in the line is $4,999, but that figure can rise quickly with the addition of a slew of options -- ranging from faster processors and additional hard drives to more memory and solid-state drives.

The most expensive configuration of the 12-core Mac Pro, for instance, comes to USD$17,249 when equipped with 2.9-GHz processors, 32GB of memory, two optical drives, four SSD drives totalling 2TB of storage, a pair of graphics cards, a RAID card and a quad-channel Fibre Channel card.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/918...s?taxonomyId=89

...hmm first thing I need to do is buy a house!

You know people will buy that because they're stupid.

Is there a video on how Steve Jobs does his marketing hype in his black shirt and blue jeans over this product?

You don't need to pay for a super PC and you don't need to sell your house, Just buy something good that you can pay for :P ..

But itunes will run like a dream....

Wow, chill on mac-bashing guys. I mean we have those power guzzling monstrosities in the graphic card thread to think about. + macs are nice and stable for A/V editing and production... but not 12 cores worth I admit. but then, what is?

I don't think you can play much games on Macs right? and I don't hear any tech fanboys overclocking Macs for that Futuremark3D scores. So other than video editing and production, whats the use of fitting in the ssds, graphics cards, 12 core processors in? I think its such a waste.

ehh, increasingly more games run on mac too these days. SC2 simply includes a mac installer when you buy it; it's not even a separate version.

$17,249 USD?!! I could almost buy a car for that!

Meh, that Mac should only be worth it if it's a 16-core PC. I should be seeing 16-core PCs already but development is slow steam. But what about Intel? When is Intel getting to the 12 and 16 core CPUs yet?

As to all of you guys, Macs are perfect for multimedia, art and audio/video creation experiences, but not for entertainment (such as gaming), Internet (speed and bandwidth are slower than the PC) and multitasking.

Edited by purplescrin

Meh, that Mac should only be worth it if it's a 16-core PC. I should be seeing 16-core PCs already but development is slow steam. But what about Intel? When is Intel getting to the 12 and 16 core CPUs yet?

WTF are you talking about? The processors in this Mac Pro is by Intel. 12-core is possible by having 2 pieces of Intel 6-Core processors together.

Please read up the tech specs before saying things that doesn't make any sense.

http://store.apple.com/us_smb_78313/browse.../family/mac_pro

WTF are you talking about? The processors in this Mac Pro is by Intel. 12-core is possible by having 2 pieces of Intel 6-Core processors together.

Please read up the tech specs before saying things that doesn't make any sense.

http://store.apple.com/us_smb_78313/browse.../family/mac_pro

Well then I must have forgotten the fact that Intel's the one doing all the CPU mainframe for the Mac. I thought there's a 12 core CPU all-in-one by now. *scratches head*

$17,249 USD?!! I could almost buy a car for that!

You have high asperations for a car... there are plenty of them you could buy for less than US$17,249.

Internet (speed and bandwidth are slower than the PC) and multitasking.

Sorry, that just makes no sense.

Internet (speed and bandwidth are slower than the PC) and multitasking.

Uh. What?