Sign in to follow this  
Inferno

Zero Hour serious error

I just installed Zero Hour through TFD. That didn't work, so I tried repairing it, uninstalling, deleting folder and reinstalling, but my ZH still decided it hated me.

My generals, however, does work.

The error I get is the standard serious error

30mxpxs.jpg

I'm running Windows XP home SP3.

Intel Pentium D 945 3.34GhZ

2 GB DDR2 ram

NVIDIA GeForce 260 GTX (yeah I know, I still sort of need to upgrade the rest of my computer :P)

If anyone could help me out please that would be great. And yes, I did search on google and no, nothing I found works.

First of all:

1. You said you are using Windows XP SP3 but the image I saw has a Windows aero theme. Are you using Virtual XP mode under Windows 7 or somehow you got the Vista theme for XP?

2. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Generals all over again before reinstalling Zero Hour? Have you uninstalled and deleted all mods relating to Generals/ZH?

3. Have you updated all drivers especially DirectX?

Edited by purplescrin

Well everything's fixed now. I uninstalled TFD altogether and reinstalled in a different directory. I tried that before I read your reply, but thanks anyway.

Also, this topic can be locked I s'pose.

Hi, I have the same error when trying to start my ZH. I tryed everything from this one: http://forums.cncnz.com/index.php?showtopic=12319.

I use win 7 home edition 64 bit. I also tryed reinstalling the game. It still does not work.

My Generals does not work too. It tells me there would be a problem with my Game.dat.

Some help would be awesome.

Ah. The trick could either be running the game as administrator, or, more likely, running the game in compatibility mode (don't diagnose; just have it run in Win XP SP2 mode). Had the same troubles for Starcraft 1 and the Sims 2. The administrator and compatibility modes often take care of problems in a jiffy.

I installed Generals and Zero Hour on Windows 7 Pro x64 with no real hassles. I have both checked to run as XP SP2 and Run as Administrator is checked as well. The game is flawless.

Well, if Starcraft 1 runs... Why should a newer game not run, right?

>:D

Hahaha. Point taken. I was never really a fan of Westwood or EA RTS game engines anyway. And they are quite buggy at times.

>:D