Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight Goes Mobile

EA have announced today that Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight has gone mobile and is now available for all compatible mobile devices. A small mini site for Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight Mobile has also been launched. It includes some gameplay videos and some screen shots. Two of the screen shots can be seen below.

cc4_mobile1.jpgcc4_mobile2.jpg

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight Mobile has the following features.

• Command your mobile base -- The Crawler -- a moveable fortress with all the functions of a command center.
  • Choose to play defensive and build turrets around your Defensive Crawler. Or step into the battle and destroy your enemy with the help of the Offensive Crawler.
  • Researchable active and passive abilities make each unit a master in its class on the battlefield.
  • Enter the commandment mode to think through your steps and plan how you solve challenging situations.
  • Evolve your battle strength and deploy Super Weapons. Call for massive destruction with the Ion Cannon or call for help and get the Orca Strike.
  • Play through two campaigns with two fate-changing finals. Choose the path of the GDI or ally with the Brotherhood of Nod -- It’s up to you!
  • Harvest Tiberium Crystals for needed research or currency to keep your army alive and growing.

Visit the Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight Mobile mini site for more.

Yeah, good stuff EA. Milk that cow until every last C&C fan is so disillusioned that they even stop playing the older titles they actually liked!

Has anyone seen the FB page reaction to this EA press release? almost universally abusive...

The RTT style is more suited to a phone. Maybe when they decided to make this experiment into an actual game, they should have made it specifically for this and not PC. Then also not have written the storyline, of course.

If that had been the case, this game would have been so much more tolerable as I do not consider phone games at all canon.

The RTT style is more suited to a phone. Maybe when they decided to make this experiment into an actual game, they should have made it specifically for this and not PC. Then also not have written the storyline, of course.

If that had been the case, this game would have been so much more tolerable as I do not consider phone games at all canon.

Absolutely. In fact the game would have been tolerable if it was released as it was originally intended: as a non-cannon online RTT based purely on multiplayer.

But without the canon or the C&C name, they wouldn't have gotten the budget they needed for this experiment.

They could have called it C&C, and they could have given it a minor (and non-canonical) C&C storyline. It would have been no worse than Red Alert for the iPhone.

But without the canon or the C&C name, they wouldn't have gotten the budget they needed for this experiment.

You're ignoring the fact that the game was well into production when EA headquarters decided to tack a cannon story on and call it C&C 4 just to trick us all.

Master Spark on that stuff.

3584524834_ec7047ab0f.jpg

Sonic, this was a bad moment to put these news, I dont want to get involved making people think I am promoting iPhone games, and even less C&C4 :(

It's good as an iPhone game, Even if I don't prefer the iPhone games..

Cash cow.

Damn straight, is EALA running out of ideas to sell out and maintain the C&C franchise? C&C4 related stuff to sell out is only nothing but making the franchise even worse and thus more fans running away, even if they do give us a downloadable art book, pewter figurine of the Crawler, etc.. It ain't gonna earn back our hearts! You execs, you just wasted precious time over a game which will not sell very well!

Anyway, luckily I lost my interest in the iPhone 4 since its reputation continue to get worse since the Grip of Death, so I won't be touching iPhone games.

Edited by Silverthorn

As I remarked on the cncworld forum... this thing technically has worse graphics than C&C1. The units don't even have real shadows.

Damn straight, is EALA running out of ideas to sell out and maintain the C&C franchise?

News flash.... EALA don't make games like this. Its made the EA Mobile team, a totally different group that really has no connection to EALA.

I don't understand why you guys get so worked up over stuff like this. Its not like your being forced to buy it or something. I laugh when I see comments like "cash cow" or "just another money making scheme".... well here's the cold hard truth, what they hell do you think they are in the businesses of?

You're ignoring the fact that the game was well into production when EA headquarters decided to tack a cannon story on and call it C&C 4 just to trick us all.

Yeah it was either that or throwing away money by not finishing it.

Ok, although I did not make my thorough research, but here's the thing, why do you create a game which is based on an already failed game? If you do, your product will most likely to fail as well.

The Mobile Team can create a C&C4 game, but make sure it's not purely C&C related, they can have the Crawler and stuff but do not use the GDI & Nod factions. If they do, people will know it's the failed game and therefore, will not buy it! But in this case, since they wasted tons of time creating it, it only makes the franchise even worse. Is money means everything in the whole EA business? Look at Blizzard & Valve, does money means anything to them? You can say yes, but frankly, money is not their priority, quality IS their priority!

Enough with that, you can say we're not forced to buy it, yes, we're not forced, but we have the right to shout out, and we say no! If C&C is already in extremely bad shape, DO NOT create some more stuff which only ends up in more epic failures! Just think, Starcraft 2 for instance, if Blizzard finishes the "Heart of the Swarm" within this year (There are some bad fans want the story as soon as possible), quality will fall pretty bad for sure both in terms of gameplay as well as storyline. Whether if it's EALA or the Mobile Team, focus on improving C&C or touch something else, we are the REAL judges to your product. Don't let money get into your head!

Edited by Silverthorn

Is this really available for the iphone? O_o

Is this really available for the iphone? O_o

Yep, I think it's for iPhone 4. :rolleyes:

Really I don't see the future of C&C getting to see the light of day anytime soon but add-on mods for C&C saga of course.

Guest Stevie_K
I laugh when I see comments like "cash cow" or "just another money making scheme".... well here's the cold hard truth, what they hell do you think they are in the businesses of?

One they won't be able to stay in for long if they continue this way.

The natives of C&C are restless, man. WW fanboys are the most common, but there are others who were betrayed, that's why they're expecting (not hopefully anymore, but possibly forcefully) EALA to fix & clean every messes they made. In this case from the looks of it, they're still making more messes (Although Sonic did say it's the Mobile Team who made it and it's not part of EALA) & make the franchise even worse by the minute.

As usual, Starcraft 2 continues to heal our wounds, but it's going to take years until C&C gets a new & fresh (AND 100% WW-era genuine) game or the "Heart of the Swarm" expansion to release. But a new C&C game, I doubt about it since the whole EA company still continue to pump out cash instead of giving it a RIP.

Edited by Silverthorn

an already failed game

Define "failed". As long as they are raking in the cash, they will not consider it a "failure".

I laugh when I see comments like "cash cow" or "just another money making scheme".... well here's the cold hard truth, what they hell do you think they are in the businesses of?

That is the right answer. I award you 15 NmenthRespect points. NmenthRespect.gif+15

I don't understand why you guys get so worked up over stuff like this. Its not like your being forced to buy it or something. I laugh when I see comments like "cash cow" or "just another money making scheme".... well here's the cold hard truth, what they hell do you think they are in the businesses of?

It didn't use to be a business.

-edit- grammar.. sort of..

Edited by Mighty BOB!

I know you think you're enlightening "fanboys" of the realities of the gaming business, but I think you're missing the point here.

It's not that we (or at least some of us) don't understand that "they're in it for the money", we just wish that in trying to make their money they could have a bit of care for what they're doing as well. This is why people are pissed. StarCraft fans get a product that is drawn out into 3 games to increase revenue (but really this is no different from sports games being released each year at full price with minor updates and improvements), but they also get one that the team creating it had a level of care and devotion that simply wasn't allowed in EALA due to the disconnect between the goals of the devs and EA central management.

I have no doubt that EALA would have produced a fabulous C&C4 had they been given the time, resources and creative autonomy. But they weren't. They were tasked with making a multiplayer title that management forced them to change into a full blown sequel at the last minute. THAT's the problem; there is no unity of purpose in EA. The devs pour their heart and souls into making these games, only to be blindsided by short sighted profit goals by central management.

So yeah, we know they're in it to make money, but that doesn't mean that EA's way of going about it isn't sh#tty.

Edited by CABAL_12

Well I think this game mechanic is perfect for the iphone... simple RTS on a one-hand-sized computer.

If this game (mechanic) came out on the this sort of hardware first, I think the community would have been much more forgiving of it's limitations.

I'll never buy it... but when I saw this news and I thought it was a good move and good news.