Sign in to follow this  
Malevolence

Extreme: Asus overkills with multiple graphic cards setup!

ZOMG!! :o

Really on how anyone could setup additional motherboards to fit additional video cards? Besides this would be too big to fit in a mega size tower PC and it would take a 1200+ watt tower PC to handle this all right.

From the link, I was surprised Turkey finally come up something big.

Edited by purplescrin

That is just stupid, there is no point to it whatsoever.

It's Asus promoting their new daughter boards, the ROG Xpanders for their Asus Rampage Extreme III motherboard. I have no idea how it is going to work. I need to see the benchmark scores if it really works.

It's Asus promoting their new daughter boards, the ROG Xpanders for their Asus Rampage Extreme III motherboard. I have no idea how it is going to work. I need to see the benchmark scores if it really works.

Each daughterboard has 2 nF200SLI bridges on it, and (I THINK) a control module to allow the daughterboard(s) to communicate with the main motherboard (which is what the fans cover).

Those that are unaware, Donanimhaber has turned out a crapload of inside info ahead of product releases in the past year, but because it's all in Turkish, only a small percentage of users can even read it, let alone parse what Google Translate pukes out.

WTF? That's practically overkill, a waste of money, and pointless. I mean, you gotta buy multiple motherboards and video cards, and chances are you'd have to go for the high-end ones. That'll leave a burning hole in your wallet, and sooner or later that'll be obsolete anyway. Why bother? Just hook up two ATI or Nvidia mid-range GPUs in a Gigabyte motherboard. Runs hella fast, and doesn't cost like hell. And it can be replaced without any regrets.

Topic closed.

rSquar3d, your new here so you your forgiven. Please try to not post in really old threads ok.