Sonic

Command & Conquer's 15th Anniversary

15 years ago today the Command & Conquer franchise was born with the highly successful release of Command & Conquer for DOS on the 31st of August 1995, and with that said we officially mark it's 15th anniversary. Its hard to believe it has been 15 years. I still recall being captivated by the game when I first saw it action at a friends place in all of its 320 x 200 glory. Remember how you could use the Nod disc to play the game? My friend never got that disc back for weeks until I purchased my own copy!

cnclogo-trans6.gif

Feel free to share your fondest or most memorable Command & Conquer moment in this news thread, like how you originally discovered the Command & Conquer franchise. After 15 years I wonder many people actually started with the original Command & Conquer. If you would like a trip down memory lane, check out our gallery of past Command & Conquer images the we first published this in 2005 for the 10th anniversary. A large collection of Command & Conquer gaming history. Renders, images and scans from the original Command & Conquer. Some of the images you will find in this special section are extremely rare.

Happy birthday C&C.

My first C&C experience was in 1995, with the demo of the first game. I think it only had four missions, but I played them for hours on end as a kid. I'd even destroy the Nod base, capture the construction yard, and rebuild it exactly the way it was (with turrets and SAMs around the map). Technician attacks too.

I still remember the really cheap, faulty online system in Red Alert before Westwood chat. I'd play with my cousins just a few blocks away, and we'd tell our parents not to pick up the phones!

Good times :)

Happy bday CnC !!!!

I also started with the CnC demo way back in 96. Then my brother got a copy and started playing the game. I remember finishing both campaigns over and over again. It was very good fun. Even before that i was playing Dune. Still remember playing some insane customs maps and a cheat program where you can make units invulnerable and edit unit stats. I used to give Humvee a laser and make its price zero and invulnerable.

I even tried playing with a friend over dial up. Gosh that was good fun.

Ah, I can use my custom icon again... Cake.gif

Happy Birthday C&C!

I wonder if EA will release RA2/YR as freeware to mark the occasion... fingers crossed.

My first experience was at a friends house when I was about 7. We played the original Nod missions, good fun.

:cc: Happy 15th anniversary C&C :cc: ..

And to be honest I haven't played the game before, Just pictures..

Burn the infidel!

15 years damn that is a lllooonnngggg time..

Happy Birthday C&C. ^_^

Burn the infidel!

BURN HIM WITH FIRE! :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn:

Ah, played my first C&C in '95 when my father put our first computer together. C&C95 was the first PC game he ever bought, and sadly he didnt get much time with it because of Navy duties, but i sure as hell did! Love TD to death, still a top ranking favorite of mine!

Happy Birthday C&C :cc:

Burn the infidel!

BURN HIM WITH FIRE! :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn:

Well, does that mean I have to wear a fire blanket when I come to CNCNZ :rolleyes:

:burn: but I will :shotdown::burn: / :P

Do yourself a favour and get the game. Download for free from http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic.

Yeah I must give it a download thanks Sonic :thumbsup:

And happy birthday again C&C :cc:

It's great for C&C surviving for 15 years.

I wish that EA officially gives away the ten year old Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge as freeware to the public, and so far it hasn't happened yet.

Edited by purplescrin

It's only after I finished Tiberian Sun and Firestorm, that I got curious and started playing RA1 and C&C95 :P

Do yourself a favour and get the game. Download for free from http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic.

With the amount of 64-bit users nowadays it might be better to give them my download link... the CD's 16-bit installer doesn't run on 64-bit systems.

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/

(take the Digiex download mirror. It has the best readme and the movies pack)

Anyway... I'm glad this game is still being played. Recently, there's been quite some breakthroughs in the CnCNet system too, which might make it possible to give v1.06c inbuilt 6-player internet play without need for any external apps.

So yeah, this game lives on :)

My first memory of C&C is sort of a blur, considering I was 3 or 4 years old at the time. My father bought the game and let me play it with him one day, and I never put it down. I remember how I loved the first three missions because they were easy and on the fourth mission, you had no base, which I did not like. :P

My favorite C&C memory is playing through the Nod campaign of Tiberian Sun. I already played through GDI, and I thought seeing things from the other perspective was so cool. (I still do :P) I really enjoyed the last two or three Nod missions. And my all time favorite is the return of Kane during Hassan's execution.

Command & Conquer is really a part of me. That seems pretty crazy considering its a video game. But my life would be quite different without it.

I played Red Alert first before I found out that C&C actually came out earlier. In the end, C&C captivated me more than RA, and I'm hooked on to C&C till now.

Tiberian Sun was the first C&C game that I owned, both C&C and RA belonged to my cousin. Afterwhich, I bought the Worldwide Warfare Collection, and I remembered that I was over excited. It's been 10 years~!

Happy Birthday, C&C!

My life would probably be different without C&C as well.

Edited by spark

Command & Conquer is really a part of me. That seems pretty crazy considering its a video game. But my life would be quite different without it.

I think a lot of us would be different without C&C.

I first saw it back in 3rd grade at a friend of a friend's house as he played the first few Nod missions. I fell in love with it immediately.

The thing i remember most is the Godzilla cheat for the PSX C&C, always played the game in that mode! xD

The thing i remember most is the Godzilla cheat for the PSX C&C, always played the game in that mode! xD

Say what now?

Y'know I have no idea where the original Dune 2 appeared from on my family's home PC back in the day. I was a fan of the 80's movie, so I must have seen the name and bought it or something... I don't remember buying DUNE II but I sure have strong memories of me and friends quoting the opening line "Dune... land of spice."

I remember buying C&C Gold 95 and the Red Alert with the special serial port mouse... but where did DUNE come from???

:unsure: