Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

Wooo Earthquake!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4094986/Ma...ts-South-Island

Wooo... I just had the pleasure of rocking and rolling through a 7.1 earthquake this morning. I can safety say that was ****ing awesome, if not slightly unnerving.. ^_^ Aside from a bunch of smashed plates, pots and other little nick nacks my place seems good, lost power and water for a while there, but all good now. :)

This underground 5 Mt nuke was equivalent to 7.0. :P

Oh yeah - heard about that Luk3us... glad it was you and not me though!

Luckily we never get earthquakes in this low, flat country I live in :P

Here's some aerial footage of earthquake damage in and around Christchurch.

Another news item:

Aside from a bunch of smashed plates, pots and other little nick nacks my place seems good, lost power and water for a while there, but all good now. :)

Good to hear you only had some minor damage. A few other people weren't so lucky from what I saw on the TV ONE news that was all day.

It's quite rare that New Zealand has an earthquake. Luckily there were no deaths since the population in NZ is small.

It's quite rare that New Zealand has an earthquake. Luckily there were no deaths since the population in NZ is small.

Why are you always wrong!? New Zealand is on a fault line, we get earthquakes every five seconds.

he's a troll. Ignore him.

he's a troll. Ignore him.

Excuse me, but I know the rules seriously about no trolling in this forum.

Edited by purplescrin

Guest Stevie_K
Excuse me, but I know the rules seriously about no trolling in this forum.

And yet you fail... hard :P

And yet you fail... hard :P

Unless that's still part of his trolling :P

Now now people, play nice. :)

We've been getting aftershocks every hour or two for hte last few days, and its not expected to go away for a week. This could get really annoying...

Lol, any of your stuff get broken? or any structural damage?

Some or many people have lost their homes and their stuff, And that's really not good, Is there's any death or affected people?..

I heard 90% of the households are damaged, most beyond repair. Is it really that bad?

Nah, its not that bad. But there is a lot of buildings and homes that will have to be demolished.

We've done a thorough look around no damage that we can see here, ignoring a few bits and pieces inside. This side of town seems alright I suppose, most of hte damage and problems seem to be on the eastern side of Christchurch and of course around the CBD that and Kaipoi.

But **** these aftershocks are starting to grind on my nerves, just had three or so about an hour ago which were bloody big. 5.4 or something, not very fun anymore...

http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/quakes...ent_quakes.html < Lists all the aftershocks we've been experiencing lately, and updates too.

Is there's any death or affected people?..

No one has been killed, thankfully.

Nah, its not that bad. But there is a lot of buildings and homes that will have to be demolished.

We've done a thorough look around no damage that we can see here, ignoring a few bits and pieces inside. This side of town seems alright I suppose, most of hte damage and problems seem to be on the eastern side of Christchurch and of course around the CBD that and Kaipoi.

But **** these aftershocks are starting to grind on my nerves, just had three or so about an hour ago which were bloody big. 5.4 or something, not very fun anymore...

http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/quakes...ent_quakes.html < Lists all the aftershocks we've been experiencing lately, and updates too.

5.4 is NOT AN AFTERSHOCK. That is what is known as an EARTHQUAKE. :P