Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

CNCNZ.com - The Veteran Returns

The game is over, we are not here to play any more. In other words CNCNZ.com has a brand new logo and its the return to our "C&C Community Veteran" slogan. Its a new font style for the main part of the logo, a sleeker look if you ask me. And because we always felt our main logo needed something extra, you will notice the addition of the classic cursor from likes of Command & Conquer and Red Alert. Thanks to CCHyper for helping with the selection cursor design.

cncnz_logo_vet.png

The forums have been updated with the new logo as well. Over the next day or so there will be some other minor graphic updates around the site and forums as well.

Great news :thumbsup:

But I really don't understand that line!

The game is over, we are not here to play any more.

Why it's over?!

The game is over, we are not here to play any more.

That quote is a direct reference to our old slogans of "Time to Play the Game" and "I Came to Play".

I liked the old CNCNZ logo better. :mellow:

For the message, the game is over if C&C is dead.

Edited by purplescrin

I liked the old CNCNZ logo better. :mellow:

Its still the same design and colours, just a font change really. And the cool looking cursor selection thingy ;)

I forgot to mention the random backgrounds are still being used on the main site. So far I've done a few for C&C4, C&C3, KW and RA3. I will add more later.

Glad i could help you out, turned out well! Though i do think you should tone down the Drop Shadow on the cursor, unwritten rule of graphics is never over use Bevel and Drop Shadow effects ;)

And the cool looking cursor selection thingy ;)

Yeah the cursor selection is nice and kind of a new idea actually, And I'm a person who likes new ideas..

classic selection cursor from likes of Command & Conquer and Red Alert

The move cursor looks like the one from RA, not C&C1 :P

Looks nice anyways :D

Though i do think you should tone down the Drop Shadow on the cursor, unwritten rule of graphics is never over use Bevel and Drop Shadow effects ;)

That wasn't always there, but we liked this design much more than the non-shadowed one. It looked way too plain and flat before.

Guest Stevie_K

I like this a lot. Great update Sonic. It seems more mature tbh. Gotta follow the C&C generation eh? :P

Also the idea of the old select cursor as logo seems perfect.

Looks nice anyways :D

Yeah, I already made that remark when he showed it off before in another thread.

Glad i could help you out, turned out well! Though i do think you should tone down the Drop Shadow on the cursor, unwritten rule of graphics is never over use Bevel and Drop Shadow effects ;)

Yeah what Nmenth said. It just needed something more, without it there was a flat dull look about it. I did reduce the amount of bevel though compared to my original designs.

Yes is from Red Alert. I believe the C&C Gold one is similar. I haven't touched the old C&C games in years.

For the record gben came up with the idea of the selection cursor, he showed us an old Red Alert screen shot and then I asked CCHyper to make a large version of it for me.

Don't forget the new favicon for the site either :cncnz: Refresh the page if you don't see it. I know sometimes Firefox and IE can be lazy when retrieving update favicons.

I like the new logo, looks similar to my old site, also a Hyper Design

post-6033-1283948286_thumb.jpg

Ok not that similar but they both have a C&C cursor :P

I never found anything wrong with the previous logos and front pages however I have never found anything wrong with the new ones either :P

Looks pretty neat, like the implementation of the classic cursor. However, I seriously do miss the Pepsi font!

I see the Z is still bold in this new font...

And I had thought that I'd never play C&C 95...looks like I'll have to play it now. That increased resolution looks awesome :D